You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fishing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 11:52pm
Why was it eating flowers? Did it die from reverse drowning?
harry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 12:02am
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Why was it eating flowers? Did it die from reverse drowning?

My mate used flowers as bait I caught the fish with my hands, after a quick photo we left him back in to carry on his journey Thumbs Up
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 12:14am
Nice fish!!!
Doyler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
AKA James McCarthy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 12:18pm
Lads would it be effective enough dead baiting for pike on a hot day like this?
Look at these scenes, just look at these scenes!

"it's too strong lads!"
harry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Doyler Doyler wrote:

That's one for the course anglers, could never get into that sort of fishing
Those pike look like those *****rian's you would rather shoot em than hook em
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by Doyler Doyler wrote:

Yes Thumbs Up  better if you have 2 Pike rods,spin with one and dead bait with the other,bait alarms can be a bit pricey but are well worth it, make sure and leave about 5 inches between the big weight and the bait so it floats just off the bottom and becomes irresistible to a passing hungry Pike!

Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Tippbiffo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippbiffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 9:24pm
Dead bait in deep water. This time of year the pike will patrol the cooler deep water. It's also well worth investing in surface lures and casting into the base of weeds and reeds on the surface. Can be great craic especially in the evening time. Pike fishing is great sport. Just treat them right and return them as quick as you can. Tight lines.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 12:16pm
Heading out in search of some giant Carp on Monday, will be a bit boring compared to spinning for Pike but we are not exactly spoilt for choice here, apart from the obvious  like Sweetcorn, maggots, and Dough has anyone got any different Carp baits they know of?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 4:29pm
Lidl doing there fishing offer here this week , picked up some decent bait alarms with stands for under 20€  they have a couple of bait boxes,spinning rods,reels and some other gear, anyone ever used any of their stuff?
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 12:14pm
@Salzburglilly
Done a lot of carp fishing in the UK 10 years back,really depends on where the carp are lying for baits,
I.E,If you can see them up rolling on the surface Ill use a zig rig with flavored chopped down cork balls,
Even bread works well when they are up high,If they are low I spod out prepared pigeon conditioner seeds
with corn, chili powder,strawberry tuti fruity attractor (a lot of other combos)Works wonders.
Do you do any coarse fishing?

Edited by fochie - 24 Jul 2015 at 12:16pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 2:26pm
I generally normally only fished for monster pike when living at home but seeing as Austria is  surrounded by 9 countries the fishing is not the best,hence the expensive price for the license and day pass, i am limited to carp stocked lakes,i have been a few times with an Irish mate who lives here and have tried a load of different baits but have not had to much luck,i will give your methods a shot, thanks!
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 2:35pm
Yeah I fish for pike here too when the autumn kicks in,I normally leave them be when the water hits spawning temp.Caught a nice 21lb last Feb from a river out west, my personal best in Ireland.
I fished a the road lake in France for carp on boilies,there are carp up to 45lbs in it.Savage spot.
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 2:45pm

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 2:52pm
Clap
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 7:16pm
Great to be back in Ireland for the start of Pike fishing season Clap

Had about 40 between March - May this year but as soon as the weather improved all my usual spots were overgrown with weeds .

Loads of lakes I haven't tried in Leitrim, Cavan and Roscommon where a potential Irish record lies in wait.

Will start off spinning with the ever reliable Salmo Slider and move onto dead baiting next month .
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 7:26pm
Any fishing in Salzburg SG ? 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Terrible mate !

Been deprived of good pike Fishing for 15 years .

To break it down - Austrians eat Pike and Perch so the stock is low - Landlocked country which means they can mainly only offer man made carp lakes which cost €30 per day or €500 per year if you pass a test in German with over 50 questions on what species you can catch at which time of year and what size and weight etc.

Back home now and working about 1-2 hours per day and living beside 2 pike lakes that are absolutely free to fish Tongue
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 7:51am
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Terrible mate !

Been deprived of good pike Fishing for 15 years .

To break it down - Austrians eat Pike and Perch so the stock is low - Landlocked country which means they can mainly only offer man made carp lakes which cost €30 per day or €500 per year if you pass a test in German with over 50 questions on what species you can catch at which time of year and what size and weight etc.

Back home now and working about 1-2 hours per day and living beside 2 pike lakes that are absolutely free to fish Tongue
Poor old fish Ouch
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic