You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fishing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 9:02pm
Thats good value, used to be about 25€ for a day pass last time i fished the Moy,God i miss home for the fishing, 450€ for the year here,for stocked coarse lakes, and you have to pass a test in German to get a license,what did you catch it on?
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
harry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 9:07pm
On worms 4th or 5th cast out up a good old fight, fished hard for an hour or so afterwards and not a touch
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 9:16pm
Nice, would love to catch a Salmon on a fly, heard its the fight of a lifetime!
harry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Nice, would love to catch a Salmon on a fly, heard its the fight of a lifetime!

Ya caught a couple of them on fly the last couple of years by mistake! fishing for trout and ya some fight seems like an eternity before they come to the bank/net
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 11:56pm

Thats good value, used to be about 25€ for a day pass last time i fished the Moy,God i miss home for the fishing, 450€ for the year here,for stocked coarse lakes, and you have to pass a test in German to get a license,what did you catch it on?

Shocked

Have to dust down the rods asap and get down to somewhere like Rathbeggan Lakes for a few tench and roach

armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 3:21am
Straight on the plane after italy game, picked up the fishing rod and away to donegal, on the owenea!!! No salmon, usual enuff occurrence for me, back in my own bed tonight for the first night in 3 weeks, no chance if sleep.
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 7:01am
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Shocked

Have to dust down the rods asap and get down to somewhere like Rathbeggan Lakes for a few tench and roach

Head to the blackwater in Navan/Kells. I know a gem of a spot for Tench thats free
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 9:40am
Reckon Tench is the only Freshwater species ive never caught, usually head home for a week of Pike fishing in February, Lough Derravaragh,Cavan lakes  and a bit of dead bating in the Grand Canal.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 10:21am
Looking for an old  Pike  bait for a while now?, Think it was called a Voblex,got one in Rorys tackle shop years ago, it was lethal, Green head, gold blade and red over the  treble hook,tried a few online shops too, no luck.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 1:05pm
Tench are cracking fish Salzburg.
Was out last week.
No pikeCry
Couple perch was all
MJD View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 1:57pm

Was out last week.
No pikeCry
Couple perch was all

Lough Sheelin in Cavan. Known for its brown trout but there's Pike all over the place too.
17 International Caps
16 International Goals
COYFIG
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 2:05pm

Looking for an old  Pike  bait for a while now?, Think it was called a Voblex,got one in Rorys tackle shop years ago, it was lethal, Green head, gold blade and red over the  treble hook,tried a few online shops too, no luck.

Lethal Stuff

Edited by daboi89 - 06 Aug 2012 at 2:06pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 2:18pm
Is pike eaten that much in ireland? i know its a delicacy in germany. they re meant to be a dirty bastard of a fish as they d eat anything.one of the lads thats big into fishing said you could sky in your pubes and thry d still eat them

Edited by irishmufc - 06 Aug 2012 at 2:19pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 2:30pm

Was out last week.
No pikeCry
Couple perch was all
Your fishing skills are pathetic,that perch was smaller than a baby's hand
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

Lethal Stuff

Thats the Boy!!!
Where did you get that man?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Is pike eaten that much in ireland? i know its a delicacy in germany. they re meant to be a dirty bastard of a fish as they d eat anything.one of the lads thats big into fishing said you could sky in your pubes and thry d still eat them

I knew an aul wan at home who used to eat them,their full of bones but are supposed to taste like Chicken, there on the menu in an Austrian restaurant here, but i wouldnt be eating them, love them too much, would always return them alive unless i caught a Monster big enough to stuff and put on the wall in the Local boozer.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 3:10pm

Was out last week.
No pikeCry
Couple perch was all

Usually do dead baiting in the winter and spinning for Pike in the summer,seen a nice sized fella in a lake last week, wet the appetite again, spinners are dirt cheap here, half the price they are at home but i cant find the aul Voblex,would love to catch a Tench, what Bait do Tench go for?
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 3:12pm
@Salzburglilly

One in the foto isnt mine, but have one from years ago.. its missing the green head tho . There hard to find these days and are collectors items.

Odd one pops up on ebay now and again but I get Copys nowadays

Edited by daboi89 - 06 Aug 2012 at 3:14pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic