You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Finland Away 10th October

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 5:52pm
Anyone out via Gatwick with Norweigian on the Wednesday? 

Got the Omena Lonnrotinkatu for €130 for 2 nights and it's very central. Pretty decent price. 

Edited by irishmufc - 09 Feb 2024 at 5:56pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 9:15pm
Helsinki via Amsterdam on Thursday. Fri & Sat in Tallin - fly to Athens Sunday
lukesmyth9 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukesmyth9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 12:44am
Think I might do the Gatwick to Helsinki route, is 90 minutes enough for connection at Gatwick?
LeedsUnitedEire View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeedsUnitedEire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 7:27am
Plan so far is Fly into Helsinki from Stansted on Wednesday night. Ferry to Tallinn and bus to Riga on Friday. Fly Saturday to Athens. Then hope it’s in Athens otherwise it’s a bus/train/boat to wherever it is in Greece.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 10:04am
Originally posted by lukesmyth9 lukesmyth9 wrote:

Think I might do the Gatwick to Helsinki route, is 90 minutes enough for connection at Gatwick?
If you have to change terminals then it probably wouldn’t be 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

If you have to change terminals then it probably wouldn’t be 

Woukd probably disagree unless you need to go through passport control eg flying in from Helsinki and trying to make a Dublin flight 

Going from Dublin you shoukd be fine and if it’s the same terminal you just come up the small escalator, take a left and head up the big escalator for departures 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukesmyth9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 11:10pm
yeah both are from South Terminal,I think it should be okay
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 7:47am

Is it a connection though or 2 individual tickets ?

If its 2 do you not have to come out of arrivals and go back in again through departures and through security again, if thats the case 90 mins seems tight to me
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 9:10am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Is it a connection though or 2 individual tickets ?

If its 2 do you not have to come out of arrivals and go back in again through departures and through security again, if thats the case 90 mins seems tight to me
You do indeed so I wouldn't be chancing it, and that's on a good day. 

When I was connecting there en route to Athens last year, the 1st flight from Dublin was held back from departure for about 30 minutes due to ATC restrictions at all the London airports. As it turned out, the restrictions were still in place when the Athens flight was due to depart so it was also late, but on another day they could have been ended with the 2nd flight going on time. The only reason I was happy to book that route was that there were 3 hours between the flights (both South Terminal).

Basically, I'd be looking for at least a 2-hour connection at LGW, add on an extra 30 minutes if changing terminals, just to be on the safe side.Thumbs Up
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 1:33pm
GTW - ATH 90 mins should be more than enough time to transfer unless you are hitting peak travel season and the security queues are bad but you cant really afford much of a delay on the inbound flight 

Terminal to terminal is 10 mins max , 5 min wait , 5 minute monorail journey 

ATH-GTW  GTW- DUB - is more problematic as you need to go through UK border as well security and I wouldnt risk that tight a connection at 90 mins 

Fast Pass is always an option  though if security queues are long everybody buys one 

Gtwick Security is generally on the ball , 5 mins max albeit on a thurs afternoon/evening 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukesmyth9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

GTW - ATH 90 mins should be more than enough time to transfer unless you are hitting peak travel season and the security queues are bad but you cant really afford much of a delay on the inbound flight 

Terminal to terminal is 10 mins max , 5 min wait , 5 minute monorail journey 

ATH-GTW  GTW- DUB - is more problematic as you need to go through UK border as well security and I wouldnt risk that tight a connection at 90 mins 

Fast Pass is always an option  though if security queues are long everybody buys one 

Gtwick Security is generally on the ball , 5 mins max albeit on a thurs afternoon/evening 

Grand stuff, it's from Shannon to Gatwick in the morning so I don't see that being delayed. I have two options anyway, this way or via Paris. But the first way gets me in earlier which would be ideal
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2024 at 2:23pm
I haven't been to an Ireland away game in a long time.

I'm thinking about going to this one and turning it into a bit of a weekend break/holiday while we're at it.

Would tickets be difficult to get?
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukesmyth9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 8:03am
not at all
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

I'm thinking about going to this one and turning it into a bit of a weekend break/holiday while we're at it.

Bring plenty of money - outside of happy hours €9 pints minimum

FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

Bring plenty of money - outside of happy hours €9 pints minimum

Midweek game, Old Irish bar in Helsinki, same one we'd have been in when in Aarhus, €3.50 local beer all day and night midweek. Won't be as expensive a trip as you'd think.

But yeah if spending more than a 2/3 days it'll get expensive quickly 
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 2:46pm
Cheers, lads. Probably spend 3-4 days there overall.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 2:58pm
I am thinking this will be my most likely trip as well. Do ye see it being tough to get tickets for? Haven't been at an away in over 10 yrs I'd say

They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

I am thinking this will be my most likely trip as well. Do ye see it being tough to get tickets for? Haven't been at an away in over 10 yrs I'd say

Gone are the days of baking someone a cake to be part of the 'football family'.

These new lads might like a Victoria sponge.
The dark side.. And the light
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic