You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 487488489
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 5:50pm
Just to clarify so I don't get asked to check in to the thick thread, I was being sarcastic.Thumbs Up
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 10:39pm
Brazil (1985) by Terry Gilliam

A bit too esoteric for my liking, and at 143 minutes in length, it's overlong - I'd say 30 minutes of its running time could've been excised and the movie wouldn't suffer for it - but it's an interesting comment on overbearing bureaucracy and tyranny nonetheless.

Jonathan Pryce is terrific in the leading role and supported by a, largely, able cast, and the cinematography is nice to look at.

Robert De Niro had a (too) brief supporting role that seemed underwritten considering the character's importance to the main plot, which is odd considering the aforementioned bloated running time.

I was honestly bored stiff at times, but the ending stuck the landing and redeemed it a good bit in my eyes, tying in nicely to the main character's earlier dream sequences.

It's definitely a unique film thematically and I'd just about give it a recommendation. I have a feeling it would be better on a rewatch when I can understand it a bit better.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 20 May 2021 at 10:53pm
"Stay out of this! This is personal, and it’s private. Real f***ing private."

Don Henley
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 10:51pm
Baggio: The Divine Ponytail 1/10

Despite Baggio being a phenomenal player the film was woeful. It basically glosses over a lot of his career.

Starts when he moves to Fiorentina getting injured before he goes, him getting into Buddhism and then fast forward to the 94 WC. No footage of him being in McGraths pocket, though it does highlight his performances there after and of course his penalty miss.

Then was forward to his move to Brescia and looking to go to 2002 WC which he doesn't cue end.

Just to add i wasn't expecting it to be any good 

Edited by lassassinblanc - 30 May 2021 at 10:54pm
You can motorboat but no whistling
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 10:45am
Nobody as reviewed by somebody previously.

Good craic. Little or no character development, just straight into action. 7/10
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

TRV View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 3:14am
[QUOTE=McG]Nobody as reviewed by somebody previously.

Good craic. Little or no character development, just straight into action. 7/10

Best of the year,  a piss take of John wick, anyone and everyone would like it

Edited by TRV - 06 Jun 2021 at 3:15am
Beavis View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Baggio: The Divine Ponytail 1/10

Despite Baggio being a phenomenal player the film was woeful. It basically glosses over a lot of his career.

Starts when he moves to Fiorentina getting injured before he goes, him getting into Buddhism and then fast forward to the 94 WC. No footage of him being in McGraths pocket, though it does highlight his performances there after and of course his penalty miss.

Then was forward to his move to Brescia and looking to go to 2002 WC which he doesn't cue end.

Just to add i wasn't expecting it to be any good 

Not surprising, the trailer was enough for me to want to gouge out my eyes...

<insert witty comment>
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 487488489
  Share Topic