You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 471472473474475 524>
Author
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 2:25pm
Don't F**k With Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer on Netflix

Top notch stuff 9.5/10 Clap
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 2:53pm

Saw this over Christmas, best movie I've seen in a long, long time. It's essentially a Poirot movie, rich guy gets killed, all his family are suspects, quirky detective (Daniel Craig) gets drafted in to assist the police. Some very funny characters, good story with lots of twists, definitely worth 2 hours of your time.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 11:04pm
Really enjoyed the new Star Wars.

Excellent.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 11:22pm
Streamed that Shedite, good fun alright.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Excellent.

Saw it at the weekend, thoroughly enjoyed it, it really ticked all the boxes especially after the last pile of steaming sh*te!
Deco79 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 9:30am
Watched "The Two Popes" on Netflix and thought it was very good
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by **** **** wrote:

Just finished it.

Wow !!!
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 11:21pm
Just been to see The Gentlemen - A return to form for Guy Richie.
Hugh Grant was excellent in it. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Excellent.

Saw it at the weekend, thoroughly enjoyed it, it really ticked all the boxes especially after the last pile of steaming sh*te!

Yes it exceeded expectations for me after the last one left me feeling that disney ruined star wars. I wouldn't say I am satisfied with what they did with VI, VII and IX but they definitely redeemed themselves a little. 
Storyline wise anyway, I thought it was really good. 

But it did feel very rushed with a lot of gaps that they just expect the audience to fill themselves in. Some stupid parts as well where you thought "what was the point in that".

7/10 movie
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 8:00pm
Rush - The rivalry between James Hunt and Niki Lauda. The playboy vs the obsessed pro. Racing sequences are top drawer. With this and Senna it just shows you how utter pish F1 is these days. 7.5/10

Sully - More to this than just landing the plane in the Hudson. The commission were a shower of ****s. As usual, Hanks was excellent in the lead role 7/10

The Equalizer - Same mould as Taken and John Wick but better. Denzil is the f**king man. Full of cliches but very enjoyable action flick. 8/10
AS YOU WERE McGx

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Saw the Joker.

Thought it was ok, very grim. It would definately help if you watched the Batman movies which I haven't so stuff I wouldn't have been aware of was happening. I wouldn't know much about the Joker character so his back story was all new to me.

Loved the scene where he danced down the steps where previously he had struggled up them!

Having seen everything else Batman there's not too much linking Joker and the other movies, it's very much on its own.
That is the most in any film that we have ever seen of the Waynes.

Loved how when he danced he just transformed and grew this confidence. Phoenix was very good. 

Someone told me that in the batman films the Joker was the one accused of killing the Waynes. I didn't know anything about that for example. 

Watched this last night and though it was very good. 
Phoenix played the part brilliant. He must have lost some amount of weight for the role.

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by **** **** wrote:

Just finished it.

Wow !!!

Pure mental alright. Threw it on last night knowing literally nothing about it - definitely one of those things that the less you know about it beforehand the better.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 9:37am
1917 - 7/10

For a war movie which features zero battles, it's very good. The tension and camera work in it are excellent.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 10:04am
The Gentleman - 8/10

Starts off slow then gets going. The classic (Guy Ritchie) British gangster movie, plenty of twists along the way with fine acting from Hugh Grant and Matthew Mc. 

Colin Farrell stole the show though. Every scene he was in was hilarious. Wouldnt be surprised if he gets his own spin off on the back of it. Great entertainment Thumbs Up
AS YOU WERE McGx

The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 10:15am
Jojo Rabbit - Probably not for everyone but I thought it was the best comedy I've seen in years, 9/10
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 10:55am
Really enjoyed Then Two Popes at the weekend.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 11:25am
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Jojo Rabbit - Probably not for everyone but I thought it was the best comedy I've seen in years, 9/10

I saw it over the weekend and thought it was great. Laugh out loud funny.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 11:32am

Excellent.

Much better than the last one. 
Enjoyed it. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 471472473474475 524>
  Share Topic