You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 448449450451452 524>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Daragho Daragho wrote:

The Cured.

An Irish zombie film by first-time director David Freyne. Pretty good, considering the low budget and 5-week shoot (according to the director in the Q&A afterwards). It was a neat story idea and fun to see a zombie movie set around Drumcondra and Croke Park. Big smile 

On my list to see
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 10:49am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

American Psycho was added to Netflix so gave it a whirl. Fcuk sake, not what i was expecting at all. Up there with Blue Velvet for some trippy ass sh*t LOL

Great film. Clap
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 10:56am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

American Psycho was added to Netflix so gave it a whirl. Fcuk sake, not what i was expecting at all. Up there with Blue Velvet for some trippy ass sh*t LOL

How have you never seen it before? A cult classic
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:00am
Seriously lads if you loved the film definitely read the book. Believe me you'll never look at a hamster tube the same way again Wink
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:30am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Seriously lads if you loved the film definitely read the book. Believe me you'll never look at a hamster tube the same way again Wink
The film was sh*te in comparison. They butchered the book.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:53am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Agreed with PM with the source material the film should have been way better. I enjoyed it but a missed opportunity . 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 1:08pm

Originally posted by kingofkings kingofkings wrote:

I also re-watched The Witch the other night, one of the best horror movies of recent years.

Watch that a little while ago. Thought it was attrocious

I know it divided opinion alright. I love stuff like The Wicker Man, Blood on Satan's Claw, and that kind of folk-horror from the 1970s and this seemed to be in that vein. I don't particularly like horror films that are formulaic and gory, I prefer ones that develop an atmosphere of dread, mystery and evil and I think this did it brilliantly. Right down to the Old English dialect that the characters spoke in.

Although it took a while to get used to Finchy from The Office being a 17th century peasant in the New World! LOL

LOL LOL Lobbing kettles over the hamlet 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 1:42pm

100% agree. Thought the film average, but only when compared to the book
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by kingofkings kingofkings wrote:

100% agree. Thought the film average, but only when compared to the book

Thought the film was brilliant and only watched recently again. Gonna have to get the book now 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 2:37pm
Easton-Ellis is a massive prick but a fine writer.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 9:08am
Deadpool 2 - A brilliant sequel, even better than the first in my opinion, far more action and so so funny. The parachuting scene is comedy gold! My only criticism is the ending dragged a little bit.

9/10
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 9:13am
Black Panther - Thought this was pretty sh*t tbh, couldn't get into it at all, it's the worst of the Marvel movies so far in my opinion. The storyline was poor, main character was boring, CGI fight scenes looked sh*te at times and Martin Freeman's american accent just awful! Andy Serkis' character was the best part of it, also enjoyed Michael B Jordan's performance. 3/10
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Black Panther - Thought this was pretty sh*t tbh, couldn't get into it at all, it's the worst of the Marvel movies so far in my opinion. The storyline was poor, main character was boring, CGI fight scenes looked sh*te at times and Martin Freeman's american accent just awful! Andy Serkis' character was the best part of it, also enjoyed Michael B Jordan's performance. 3/10

Racist!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Couldn't agree more.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 6:39am
Solo

Decent enough better than The Last Jedi, even though that wouldn't be hard.

Alden Ehrenreich does a good job as Han Solo obviously studied a lot of Harrison Ford but put his own little spin on the character too.

Woody Harrelson is the balls as part usual same goes for Paul Bettany.
Felt Emilia Clarke was very flat in fact I've still yet to see her in anything other than GOT that I thought she was good.

Big surprise at the end will get every nerd excited.

6.5/10
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 4:30pm
I thought Solo was a bit of a bore. 
I saw that and Infinity wars for a 2nd time yesterday and still preferred Infinity Wars. 

Ehrenreich wasn't too bad, he had the smirk and even the stance when shooting the blaster. Lando was good and sounded like him too.
Wasn't mad about the droid and all that equality sh*te. They're droids, not people but slight hidden meaning there.
Also the ending which Blanc pointed to was a surprise because the timeline of that seems way off.
Rouge one was much better.

The dark side.. And the light
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

I saw that and Infinity wars for a 2nd time yesterday and still preferred Infinity Wars. 

Ehrenreich wasn't too bad, he had the smirk and even the stance when shooting the blaster. Lando was good and sounded like him too.
Wasn't mad about the droid and all that equality sh*te. They're droids, not people but slight hidden meaning there.
Also the ending which Blanc pointed to was a surprise because the timeline of that seems way off.

Aye Glover done a good job and if rumours are true shall be getting his own movie spin-off.

The droid was a headwreck all right. 

In regards to the timeline  believe that it is set about 10 years before A New Hope so it is plausible.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 10:08am

Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Aye Glover done a good job and if rumours are true shall be getting his own movie spin-off.

The droid was a headwreck all right. 

In regards to the timeline  believe that it is set about 10 years before A New Hope so it is plausible.

Maybe we're not talking about the same thing here, but how many years was the Phanthom menace set before A new hope?
Obi Wan was only the young apprentice during PM and was well into his 60's by a new hope.
The dark side.. And the light
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 448449450451452 524>
  Share Topic