You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 425426427428429 524>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Not for everyone. Long ass film. At least 6 people upped and left when I watched it at the weekend.

Yeah, fair enough comment. Although I enjoyed the first film I wasn't a massive fan of it - thought it was a good film but not without its flaws. I much preferred BR2049 to be honest, although I wonder will the proper original BR fan boys feel the same. Possibly not.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 12:56pm
*SPOILER ALERT*

Perhaps you can fill in a hole for me Devro. Who put the memory maker there and protected her? Why did Jared kill yer wan that dropped out of the bag?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:05pm
PM sent McG. Thumbs Up
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

PM sent McG. Thumbs Up

Makes sense now.

Great great film. All time classic. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

ChuckVANSeagal View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 5:43pm
The faces of four women, framed by the legs of another person in the foreground

Let's make a film like Bridesmaids and up the gross-out comedy and centre it around some black chicks. It has one or two chuckles (the grapefruit gag was gold) but it is one really over-hyped flick.

2/5
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 5:51pm
Wakefield poster.jpg

It is worth watching for Cranston who delivers yet another magnificent performance. It starts off mischievous and humorous. It then goes rather dark and then just becomes really boring.

2/5
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 6:07pm
Wind River (2017 film).png

A solid murder mystery set in the backdrop of a snowy Wyoming Native American Reservation. It ticks along nicely but rather than discovering the mystery, when it is revealed it is just forced upon the audience. The Nick Cave and Warren Ellis soundtrack contribute a really eerie feel to the film and both Olsen and Renner are superb.

3/5
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckVANSeagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 6:21pm
Brawl in Cell Block 99 poster.jpg

This is probably Vince Vaughan finest performance to date. S. Craig Zahler follows up the excellent Bone Tomahawk with this ultra-violent and brutal film. The first half plays out like a gritty crime flick and then things go batsh*t crazy as it finishes like an exploitation flick from the 1970's.

4/5
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 5:07pm
Vince Vaughn is a very under rated actor in my opinion plays a psychotic f**k really well.

I seen Blade Runner other day loved it I'll agree long but amazing visually.

Dev I'd be interested in your view on regards mcg questions send us a pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Vince Vaughn is a very under rated actor in my opinion plays a psychotic f**k really well.

I seen Blade Runner other day loved it I'll agree long but amazing visually.

Dev I'd be interested in your view on regards mcg questions send us a pm

I don't know if he's underrated but seen him in some film (can't remember the title) and he was a psycho in it. He was very good. He has the eyes for it. I think he's wasted in comedy. He's better in serious roles. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 5:17pm
Image result for lego ninjago film

Ninjas try to take down the bad guy, only that one of the ninjas is the bad guys son.
Not as funny as the lego movie but still a few laughs non the less. 
The lego movie dealt with being accepted socially and batman had the Bruce Wayne family issues and this seemed to have the same narrative that everyone needs their family. My that I'm an adult finding flaws with a kids lego film I need to lighten up a bit.

5/10 
The dark side.. And the light
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 5:23pm
Image result for the snowman movie

I though this was actually a lot better than what the critics were making it out to be.
Michael Fassbenders detective has seen better days but he's on the hunt for a snowman killer. You are left guessing to who the killer is throughout, even though it is from about 3 characters.
There was a weird perv vibe from J.K Simmons which wasn't really dealt with so they obviously want to develop that for the sequel.
Also, Val Kilmer. No matter how much people go to the gym in their 20's don't even bother, because if Val Kilmer can turn out the way he has now we're all f*cked.
He looks mental, his character was mental and puffed up cheeks. Even when he talked it seemed a bit obvious that they had to re record the dialogue in a studio.

6/10

Edited by darmack - 20 Oct 2017 at 5:53pm
The dark side.. And the light
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Image result for lego ninjago film

Ninjas try to take down the bad guy, only that one of the ninjas is the bad guys son.
Not as funny as the lego movie but still a few laughs non the less. 
The lego movie dealt with being accepted socially and batman had the Bruce Wayne family issues and this seemed to have the same narrative that everyone needs their family. My that I'm an adult finding flaws with a kids lego film I need to lighten up a bit.

5/10 

Nowhere near as good or as funny as the lego batman or the lego movie. My kids dont even want to watch it again says something
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 6:05pm
Looking for something new-ish to watch on Netflix.
Usually spend about 45 minutes flicking through films before f**king the remote against the wall and watching nothing.
Anyone recommend a few flicks for me ?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Usually spend about 45 minutes flicking through films before f**king the remote against the wall and watching nothing.

The Room

Not sure if it's on Netflix though
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

I watched Everest and thought it was very good.

American Sniper was just released too.

If I can find anything to watch I usually end up watching Louis Theroux.

Edited by horsebox - 20 Oct 2017 at 6:36pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 6:39pm
Yeah watched Everest recently as well,enjoyed it
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 6:41pm
Going to watch the Pledge myself.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 425426427428429 524>
  Share Topic