You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 414415416417418 524>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 1:04pm
War Machine with Brad Pitt on Netflix

Utter sh*te.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 1:10pm
I finally got around to watching 'Sir Henry at Rawlinson's End last night', I don't know why I never watched it before! A masterpiece of lunacy, I will have to watch it again to catch the bits I was laughing over! Monty Python on acid!
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 9:57am
Its an old one but watched Mulholland Drive last night.

Its an excellent movie if you haven't seen it. Don't read any of the spoilers and just watch it.

Blue Velvet is next on my list. Same director - David Lynch.

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Its an excellent movie if you haven't seen it. Don't read any of the spoilers and just watch it.

Everything Lynch has done is amazing, Watch Inland Empire another fantastic film

And of course if a fan of Lynch and you haven't watched add Twin Peaks to the list
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 11:28am
Founder

Quite a good show - 7/10

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 11:30am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Everything Lynch has done is amazing, Watch Inland Empire another fantastic film

And of course if a fan of Lynch and you haven't watched add Twin Peaks to the list

Mulholland Drive is trippy LOL

I love Twin Peaks and all of its oddball characters but wasn't into MD. It only gets an 8/10 on imdb because of the lesbo action. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 12:45pm
The extended trailer of Dunkirk looks unreal. Excellent cast and all.

Very surprised for a big budget film the american distributors and wouldn't insist on an American actor like Pitt/Di Caprio to draw in the box office crowds in the States. It'll be interesting how it does in America seeing as they won't be painted as the saviours in the film. I think it'll be all the better for not having any Americans in the cast. 

I suppose Nolan has enough credibility built up from the excellent Batman films and Interstellar/Inception to get American financing without having to have big American box office draws in the casting. 

Edited by irishmufc - 04 Jul 2017 at 12:47pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Very surprised for a big budget film the american distributors and wouldn't insist on an American actor like Pitt/Di Caprio to draw in the box office crowds in the States. It'll be interesting how it does in America seeing as they won't be painted as the saviours in the film. I think it'll be all the better for not having any Americans in the cast. 

I suppose Nolan has enough credibility built up from the excellent Batman films and Interstellar/Inception to get American financing without having to have big American box office draws in the casting. 

looking forward to seeing it. My mother's father was evacuated from Dunkirk and I'm looking forward to seeing how his account tallies with the film.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 1:14pm

Well they hadn't entered the war at the time so casting Americans would have been a bit of a stupid decision.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 1:17pm
Is this just a remake of the Richard Attenborough film?
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 3:27pm
Baby Driver.

Young lad is a getaway driver who has tinnitus so listens to music all the time to drown out the sound.
It might be a cynical way to make a film with a good soundtrack but I enjoyed this. Good car chases and as mentioned a great soundtrack. There is music playing throughout the whole film and its well done when the actors are acting with the music.
Edgar Wright directs this so it's very stylized but if you like his previous stuff you'll probably like this.

On a side note the main actor Ansel Elgort had a real likable cheekiness about him, and despite doing some mushy romantic stuff in the past I really could have seen him as a young Han Solo.    
The dark side.. And the light
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Well they hadn't entered the war at the time so casting Americans would have been a bit of a stupid decision.

They hadn't but American servicemen were allowed to volunteer to join the British. It isn't beyond the bounds of possibility that Americans were present among the British expeditionary force.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 9:54am
Have seen T2 - Judgment Day at least 20 times down the years. Easily in my top 20.

Anyway, had it recorded after it was shown on TV3 a week or so ago and watched it last night as there was dick all on tv.

At least 20 mins footage i have never seen before. Obviously a directors cut or whatever. i.e. they spend at least 10 more mins with Miles Dyson than in the other cut I've seen.

Another scene shows Arnie instructing Sarah how to access his CPU in his head and to cut him open etc. etc.

The few extra scenes actually help make the whole thing much clearer. Was almost like watching a new film LOL
AS YOU WERE McGx

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 10:18am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Have seen T2 - Judgment Day at least 20 times down the years. Easily in my top 20.

Anyway, had it recorded after it was shown on TV3 a week or so ago and watched it last night as there was dick all on tv.

At least 20 mins footage i have never seen before. Obviously a directors cut or whatever. i.e. they spend at least 10 more mins with Miles Dyson than in the other cut I've seen.

Another scene shows Arnie instructing Sarah how to access his CPU in his head and to cut him open etc. etc.

The few extra scenes actually help make the whole thing much clearer. Was almost like watching a new film LOL

Scene with the Dog is very well done, The way his face turns when he realises that they had tricked him.

The directors cut of the First Terminator is also brilliant fills in gaps in the story plot too, as in why did they go towards the factory also a little more backstory and character depth to both Sarah and Kyle.

A scene were just after they slept under the bridge they are walked back up and Kyle falls to his knees and starts to cry while touching the grass and goes on a speil very similar to the one Sarah does in T2 while being questioned in hospital. Sarah manages to calm him down saying their must be a way to stop it  they discuss a little about how Skynet came to be, later on another scene just before the sex scene were Sarah calls her mother* she looks up Cyberdyne in the phone book and shows this to Kyle when he returns.

I believe these are on you tube would recommend watching them as I said adds a lot of the backstory which they kidn of just glossed over, to obvious keep the tempo of the movie up.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 11:13am
Spiderman: Homecoming

We know his story already so at least this time they didn't do the whole back story thing, it just continues on from civil war.
It's fairly funny too. Holland is good at being the excitable young teenager. 

darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 10:08pm
It comes at night

The trailer makes this out to be a mystery thriller horror.
You realise from the start that people are sick with a disease, but you don't how it has happen. In fact you never find out and nothing comes at night. Nothing. The best part was getting a burrito beforehand.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 9:58pm
War for Planet of Apes

Thought it was very good, Harrelson is excellent in it very reminiscent of Kurtz from Apocalypse Now.

Story is almost biblical.

If you liked the other two you'll like this  
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 10:54am
Thought it was very good as well, but the pacing of it was a bit off and could've been 10 or 15 min shorter I thought. Overall, very good though, with 'biblical' a good way of describing it. The action was incredibly well executed and the rendering on the CGI for the apes was almost flawless imo.

Dunkirk on Friday evening in the Maxx 70mm Smile

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 414415416417418 524>
  Share Topic