You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Film Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 412413414415416 524>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 4:25pm
I went to see The Lego Batman Movie the weekend, it's f**king brilliant, hilarious from start to finish!
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 4:37pm
Watched Passengers at the weekend. It's pretty dire stuff. Could have been so much better had they made it darker and far more sinister but they didn't. They went down the whole hero / heroine route and it turned into utter sh*te for the 2nd half of the movie.

2/10
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 12:17pm
Kong: Skull island

Jays us what a pile of sh*te. Didn't see any reviews or know much about it before going in but I really should have done my research. Who would have Samual L Jackson would agree to be in something so terribly bad.
One of the more amusing parts when Tom Hiddleston shouts 'sword' and its thrown to him in slow motion and he cuts through bird type things with blue blood spraying everywhere. God it was so bad.
The dark side.. And the light
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Jays us what a pile of sh*te. Didn't see any reviews or know much about it before going in but I really should have done my research. Who would have Samual L Jackson would agree to be in something so terribly bad.
One of the more amusing parts when Tom Hiddleston shouts 'sword' and its thrown to him in slow motion and he cuts through bird type things with blue blood spraying everywhere. God it was so bad.
LOLLOLLOL
Samuel Leroy Jackson has made a fooking 45 year career appearing in all kinds of sh*te.
This is the man who was in Snakes on a Plane. A film where the entire storyline is giving away in the title.
I`d be thoroughly surprised to see him in anything good.
Admittedly, he was good in Pulp fiction but that's over 20 years ago now.
He`s one of these actor who`ll never say no to any job and ends up having small parts in 5 or 6 big budget films every year.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

LOLLOLLOL
Samuel Leroy Jackson has made a fooking 45 year career appearing in all kinds of sh*te.
This is the man who was in Snakes on a Plane. A film where the entire storyline is giving away in the title.
He`s one of these actor who`ll never say no to any job and ends up having small parts in 5 or 6 big budget films every year.

The original name was going to be Pacific Air Flight 121 but Jackson stated he only do the film if it was called Snakes on a plane.

what I think was even better is he had a clause written into his contract that a real snake would not be within 25 feet of him

Edited by lassassinblanc - 20 Mar 2017 at 11:20am
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 12:40pm

LOLLOLLOL

He was brilliant in Django.

"Who dis nxxxa up on that naaaaag?" LOLLOLLOLClap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

The original name was going to be Pacific Air Flight 121 but Jackson stated he only do the film if it was called Snakes on a plane.

what I think was even better is he had a clause written into his contract that a real snake would not be within 25 feet of him
LOLLOL
He was quality in Django Uncained alright.

While I am in here I feel compelled to mention that I watched  'Rock'n'Rolla' the other night. It is exactly what you expect from a Guy Ritchie film in that it is watchable and would be completely forgettable if it wasn't for the performance of Gerard Butler, he is f**king atrocious! His Scottish accent was so unbelievable that I found myself googling where he was from after ten minutes. He is lucky that he is good looking!
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

LOLLOL
He was quality in Django Uncained alright.

While I am in here I feel compelled to mention that I watched  'Rock'n'Rolla' the other night. It is exactly what you expect from a Guy Ritchie film in that it is watchable and would be completely forgettable if it wasn't for the performance of Gerard Butler, he is f**king atrocious! His Scottish accent was so unbelievable that I found myself googling where he was from after ten minutes. He is lucky that he is good looking!

He is from scotland and has a sh*te scottish accent?
Havent seen this flick.

Went to see kong, thought it was alright but i knew what i was expecting. That huddleston lad is one sh*t actor. John C Reilly made it though and yer one larson who is a lash.

Edited by drog addict - 20 Mar 2017 at 1:10pm
Chips don't bounce
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 1:13pm
More unbelievable than sh*te, he was clearly trying to be a hard man and can't do it. He would have been far better off doing the film in  his 'normal' accent, rather than the equivalency of Brad Pitt trying to be an Irish traveller.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 3:45pm
Butler is an atrocious actor
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 3:55pm
He was great in PS I Love You
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 1:55pm
Life

Astronauts bring samples from Mars to the international space station and carry out test to see if there is any life form. The answer is, there is, and it's one angry c*nt.
It's hard not to make any comparisons with Alien as they're stuck on a ship with something on the loose.
Personally I don't like jumps or being scared so I thought this was pretty tense, but yet I still really enjoyed it. It freaked me out for a good while afterwards.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 2:06pm
Ghost in the shell

Scarlet Johansen has been made into an A.I to be used as a milatary weapon.
Basically this is the same type of acting she does in every film but it worked as her being a robot.
The futuristic world that they live in is quite good, similar to something like blade runner or the fifth element and it was very stylised. It all looked good but it doesn't mean much when the story isn't too enjoyable.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 9:58am
Free Fire

An arms deal is going down in a warehouse in Boston in the 70's. Things go pear shaped and its basically a shoot out for the entire film.
Darkly comedic, this had a good story and good cast.
Sharlto Copley is great as the (surprise surprise) over the top South African gun smuggler.

Table 19
No review necessary, utter sh*te.

Edited by darmack - 12 Apr 2017 at 9:59am
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 10:15am

Free Fire

An arms deal is going down in a warehouse in Boston in the 70's. Things go pear shaped and its basically a shoot out for the entire film.
Sharlto Copley is great as the (surprise surprise) over the top South African gun smuggler.

Saw this last week and also enjoyed it - it's a pretty unique film. Copley is good as always and also thought Sam Riley was excellent.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 11:23am

Free Fire

Table 19
No review necessary, utter sh*te.

Never heard of this so looked it up seems woeful like a bad remake of the breakfast club only set at a wedding.

The only good thing about it is perhaps Anna Kendrick is in it and she is pretty to look at
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 12:10pm
Even from the trailer I wasn't too convinced but empire gave it 4 stars so I thought 'sure why not'.
Should have went with my instinct. 
It also makes American weddings look like absolute muck. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 3:10pm
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/apr/13/helen-mirren-fast-and-furious-8-great-actors-daft-movies#comment-96552943

I never realised they had made so many of these films, is it not the same thing over and over again? Anyway, Helen Mirren is in the next one!

The article made me think of my favourite quote from an actor ever, Michael Caine on 'Jaws 2: The revenge';

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and that is terrific."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 412413414415416 524>
  Share Topic