Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Europa League 17-18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 16>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:12pm
Fair play to Osterunds, always great to see smaller clubs have a big win. Well worth it too. Arsenal are continually regressing. Blessed that Napoli are out of this tourney, but the likes of Atletico would eat this lot for breakfast over 2 legs. Will take a hugely soft draw to progress much further. Sad to watch Wenger standing over such a soft gutless side, consideing the teams he built in the past.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Fair play to Osterunds, always great to see smaller clubs have a big win. Well worth it too. Arsenal are continually regressing. Blessed that Napoli are out of this tourney, but the likes of Atletico would eat this lot for breakfast over 2 legs. Will take a hugely soft draw to progress much further. Sad to watch Wenger standing over such a soft gutless side, consideing the teams he built in the past.

Atletico's squad is threadbare and Carrasco is now moving to China too, they've 3 or 4 massive games coming up in La Liga over the next few weeks also.

Very hard to sustain Simeone's high intensity/high pressing game with such a small squad.

I think Arsenal have managed this competition superbly. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:24pm
There should be zero tolerance on these ultra scumbags when they go to other cities/countries and cause mayhem. Surprised the Spanish/Basque police force were seemingly caught off guard. I thought they'd nip something like that in the bud. Travel bans aren't enough. They should be in prison for a substantial period. 

I wouldn't fancy being an England fan wearing colours in Russia during the world cup. Marseilles Part Deux 

Edited by irishmufc - 22 Feb 2018 at 10:26pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:25pm
Arsenal will definitely be able to field their strongest 11 going forward. Wenger would be mental not to, top 4 is long gone for them. There's something so shallow, gutless about this side though. Best 11 or not, and there's no Aubameyang, Lacazette injured for awhile, they will struggle to beat a lot of very competent sides left in the tournament. Very hard to see them winning it out unless they get 2 or 3 rounds of powder puff draws which is highly unlikely. On Atletico, I agree they have a huge few weeks ahead. Most pundits don't seem to realise they are still fighting for the title there. They can't afford any slips though. Drop a few points in the upcoming fixtures and the league is more or less gone. No doubt if that happens they would go all out for the Europa then.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

There should be zero tolerance on these ultra scumbags when they go to other cities/countries and cause mayhem. Surprised the Spanish/Basque police force were seemingly caught off guard. I thought they'd nip something like that in the bud. Travel bans aren't enough. They should be in prison for a substantial period. 

I wouldn't fancy being an England fan wearing colours in Russia during the world cup. Marseilles Part Deux 

I think it was the Basque police who were in the middle of it here: they are the unarmed variety, rather than the national Guardia Civil, who are the badass ones, who would use serious force and serious weaponry.

It's the same in France and Italy: the Gendarmerie and Carabinieri are the ones you don't want to mess with, whereas the local cops are unarmed.
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:32pm
Was only Monday some on here lauding the return of riot police and to the "proper" days of football. Might get their wish in Summer- although I'd say Vlad will make sure they don't sh*t where he eats.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:38pm

A Russian football fan wanted for attacking an England fan during the Euro 2016 riots in Marseilles has been arrested in Munich.

German police said they apprehended the 31-year-old suspect upon his arrival from Moscow.

The suspect was not named. Police said his victim suffered fractured bones and injuries to the brain and lungs.

He faces up to 15 years in jail in France for attempted homicide and grievous bodily harm.

German police only identified the victim as a 51-year-old England fan.

But Andrew Bache, from Portsmouth, was 51 when he was attacked during the tournament two years ago.

He suffered severe brain injuries and had to be placed in an induced coma, from which he has since emerged.

German federal police said the Russian suspect was identified following a joint investigation with British police over the course of almost a year and a half.

Police said the suspect had been the subject of an international arrest warrant issued by French authorities late last year.

He was arrested during a flight change at Munich airport, while on his way to Bilbao in Spain for a Europa League game.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43156785

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 8:35am
Tragic night in Bilbao. Those Spartak ****s should all be done for manslaughter.

Inocencio Alonso Garcia was 51, a husband and father to two kids aged 19 and 16. His brother tried to administer first aid when he suffered cardiac arrest during the clashes. There was absolutely no need for it.

Edited by colemanY2K - 23 Feb 2018 at 8:42am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 8:41am
Sad to hear , Doesnt really bode well for the summer
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Very poor European campaign.
Dumped out of the CL group after finishing with 6 points and then beaten at the first stage of the Europa.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 9:10am
Napoli will be glad they’re out. Best chance in a long time winning Serie A.

Milan are finally starting to find form under Gattuso, hes even got Fabio Borini scoring for them at left back position

I never considered them competition favourites at the start but they’re peaking at the right time

Edited by coyne - 23 Feb 2018 at 9:15am
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 9:50am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Napoli will be glad they’re out. Best chance in a long time winning Serie A.

Milan are finally starting to find form under Gattuso, hes even got Fabio Borini scoring for them at left back position

I never considered them competition favourites at the start but they’re peaking at the right time

Didn't look like that to be last night to be honest - just a really bad last half hour in the first leg. But it might concentrate the mind alright - have won 9 on the bounce in Serie A but long way to go. Hopefully still nip and tuck when they play Juve in April.
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 12:19pm
Lazio v Dynamo Kiev
RB Leipzig v Zenit St Petersburg
Atletico Madrid v Lokomotiv Moscow
CSKA v Lyon
Marseille v Athletic Bilbao
Sporting Lisbon v Viktoria Plzen
Borussia Dortmund v FC Salzburg
Milan v Arsenal
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by max max wrote:

Milan v Arsenal
The Serie A table bears a striking resemblance to the EPL table (bar two breaking away at the top, rather than one):

Curiously, both Milan and Arsenal are 7 points behind their city rivals, who occupy the 5th/EL place.

That said, Arsenal have won two, drawn one and lost three of their last six League games (7 points from 18), whereas Milan have won five and drawn the other of theirs (16 from 18) - Gattuso seems to have made a big impression since taking over in December.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 12:52pm
Milan vs Arsenal Clap

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:01pm

Milan vs Arsenal Clap
Forza i Rossoneri! 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 2:14pm
Went to see Milan earlier this season against Cagliari. They were lucky to win but there's no doubt they're changing and getting better as the season goes on.

Donnarumma is definitely not a bad keeper.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Milan vs Arsenal Clap
Forza i Rossoneri! 

Agreed mo charaWink

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 16>
  Share Topic