Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=55503
Printed Date: 29 Apr 2024 at 3:23pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Europa League 17-18
Posted By: pre Madonna
Subject: Europa League 17-18
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 9:08pm
http://mobile.twitter.com/Emishor/status/890647919572942849/video/1" rel="nofollow - http://mobile.twitter.com/Emishor/status/890647919572942849/video/1

Some goal by Rivaldo's young lad.Clap

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Replies:
Posted By: Steve Amsterdam
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 9:25pm
He won't be playing in Romania for long I reckon with strikes like that!

-------------
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 9:56pm
FK Suduva beat Sion 3-0 and PSV lose at home to Osijek of Croatia, the two most surprising results of the night. Lithuanian teams performing well in Europe this year. 

AEK Larnaca will take a 2-0 lead to Minsk, Mlada Boleslav beat Skenderbeu 2-1 at home.

Anthony O'Connor had a very decent game for Aberdeen in their 2-1 win versus Apollon.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 4:56pm
AC Milan were really disappointing for all the money they've spent this summer.

The stats don't tell the whole story but the team who finished 5th in the Romanian league managed to get in 1 on 1 vs Donnarumma, if he didn't save that it's 1-1 and it gets a bit embarrassing for Milan

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 2:13pm
Milan have already sold over 50,000 tickets for the home game, which is some going for them. They weren't getting great crowds near the end of last season.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Milan have already sold over 50,000 tickets for the home game, which is some going for them. They weren't getting great crowds near the end of last season.
Broke the record for a Europa League qualifier tonight, seventy thousand in attendance. They won 2-0 on the night, 3-0 on aggregate.

A few surprising results; Osijek beating PSV home and away,  Freiburg going out to Domzale and Bordeaux going out to Videoton.  
AIK are also beating Braga at half-time in the second leg, 1-0 on the night, 2-1 on aggregate.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 10:35pm
PSV fooked up. First time in 44 years they're not in the group stages of a European cup tournament   

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

PSV fooked up. First time in 44 years they're not in the group stages of a European cup tournament   
How does that work? Sure group stages are only a recent thing.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

How does that work? Sure group stages are only a recent thing.

I should've phrased that better, but first time in 44 years they're not in the proper stages so to speak. Was reading it in the press here earlier. Thought it was quite the record they had.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 11:01pm
Ah right! Yeah, pretty impressive for a shower of peasants and farmers alright. 

-------------

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 11:05pm
You have mistaken Eindhoven for Cork bud.

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 6:45am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Nah. That was pretty accurate for PSV!

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 11:45am

Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Nah. That was pretty accurate for PSV!
They seem to take pride in it themselves anyway!

I only noticed afterwards there was a bit of hassle in Limassol with the Aberdeen fans after the game, they showed more fight than their team who were pathetic.

-------------

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 12:05pm
Tbf cypriot football would drive you insane, appolon applied the same vile tactics as aek larnaca did to cork. Very effective but how their fans can watch a season of it is beyond me.

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Tbf cypriot football would drive you insane, appolon applied the same vile tactics as aek larnaca did to cork. Very effective but how their fans can watch a season of it is beyond me.

Drinking copious amounts of Keo and Leon in the sweltering sun. That's how we dealt with having to watch our matches with them over there!

-------------

Posted By: Neil Armstrong
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 12:14pm
Small Club (England) v Hajduk Split (Croatia) tough one for them in fairness.

-------------
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 12:16pm

Drinking copious amounts of Keo and Leon in the sweltering sun. That's how we dealt with having to watch our matches with them over there!

Our last away trip to cyprus was my last away trip as a young fella, the week in aya nappa almost killed me.

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 12:20pm

Our last away trip to cyprus was my last away trip as a young fella, the week in aya nappa almost killed me.

For the match in '05 I spent 5 weeks there. I had a wedding at the start of September in Cyprus, so decided to stay on. What a time! But took some recovery time. For both my body and bank balance!

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 12:26pm

The diving from Appollon was even worse than Larnaca I felt, but the referees buy it.
 The ref went over to their bench at one stage about the fans, telling them that this was the first of three strikes for flares on the pitch. He told them to get that message through! I think that is how they watch it!LOL

-------------

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

I'm in Split at that time. Might try get a ticket

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Small Club LOL

Wouldn't worry about it being a tough draw myself though, the Croats should coast through that one. WinkLOL

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 12:06am
Last years finalists Ajax knocked out the qualifying rounds by Rosenborg

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 3:04am
Great performance from Atalanta against Everton Clap. It was always going to be tough for them this season after losing some key players, thankfully they've kept the likes of Papu Gomez still, and Gasperini is still in charge

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 11:28am
Everton signed some great players and are going down hill fast.

They have a horrible fixture list - if they'd had an easy start they could gel the team together, but when your getting hidings of the good sides it might take till mid Movember for Koeman to get this team going 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 3:42pm
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/15/arsenal-cologne-fans-europa-league" rel="nofollow - http://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/15/arsenal-cologne-fans-europa-league

-------------

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 9:54pm
Everton already in deep trouble in their group drawing 2-2 at home to Limmasol  and have Lyon in a double header next. 

Don't like Koeman but would like to see them do well in it 

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Everton already in deep trouble in their group drawing 2-2 at home to Limmasol  and have Lyon in a double header next. 

Do you have to say that every time you talk about anything Everton related?

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Yes. It's compulsory I'm afraid. 

Anyway did I ever let you know what I think about the Northern Ireland team? I really really really don't like them!!!!

Anyway back on topic, I think the Everton-Lyon home game should be a good match. Lyon only drew with that Cypriot team and have drawn at home to Atalanta so that has cushioned Everton's lost 2 points tonight. Well within it for second place

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 10:15pm

Yes. It's compulsory I'm afraid. 

Anyway did I ever let you know what I think about the Northern Ireland team? I really really really don't like them!!!!

Anyway back on topic, I think the Everton-Lyon home game should be a good match. Lyon only drew with that Cypriot team and have drawn at home to Atalanta so that has cushioned Everton's lost 2 points tonight. Well within it for second place

Ah I'm only trying to get a rise out of you buddy!!! LOL

Everton were so naive during the summer, they had plenty of money to replace Lukaku and anyone could see Sandro/Rooney were not going to hit 15-20 league goals a season. 

Andre Gray would have been a perfect player for Everton and they stepped aside and allowed Watford a free run, I'd say Koeman is kicking himself.  

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 10:32pm
GD, did you notice who was playing for the Cypriot team.

f**king Valentine Roberge. LOLLOL I still wouldn't have him back even in this current Sunderland side.

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 10:56pm
Ashley Williams having a shocker this season

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Ashley Williams having a shocker this season

Have a horrible feeling he'll redeem himself Monday week Unhappy

-------------

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 11:18pm
Milan pulled it from the brink tonight. 2 up and had to rely on an injury time winner. Cutrone with the late winner. Italy have some fine forwards coming through these days.

Posted By: alihau41
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 8:24am
arsene might have found his level in the europa

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 12:02pm
Good point Ali, they must be favourites to win it 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: alihau41
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 12:07pm
yep, arsenal favs 6s, Milan 2nd fav 7s

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

No value in them odds with a couple of decent Champions League sides still to come.

Would any bookmakers take a price on Dortmund or Spurs now?

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 1:14pm
Athletic Bilbao and Everton cost me on two separate accumulators yesterday. Cry

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 9:23pm
Patrice Evra sent off before the match had even begun for kicking a fan in the head. Cantona would be proud LOL

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Patrice Evra sent off before the match had even begun for kicking a fan in the head. Cantona would be proud LOL

Just seen the footage yeah. Bizarre!

-------------

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 9:53pm

Just seen the footage yeah. Bizarre!
yeah just seen it also, doesnt seem to have made to much contact....seem to be a Serious lack of stewrds/police also.

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 8:08pm
Released from the club because of the incident. Shocked

Surely there's 2 sides to every story and all that?

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 9:02pm
Suspended, not sacked

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 10:43pm
FC Sheriff actually in with a chance of qualifying

Just seen the Everton score

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 10:51pm
AEK Athens bastards Angry

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 11:06pm
Bonucci's defending for FK AW's opening goal at 0-0, never seen anything so bad defensively, my god his stock has dropped since he moved.. 

Milan won 5-1 anyhow but still..

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 8:13am
Salzburg top the group Clap

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 4:45pm
Amazing magical story about Arsenal's opponents Ostertunds FK. Probably one of the best in modern football but most unknown but the English media will overhype it now they've been drawn against an English side.

Their chairman served in the Bosnian war, Managed by an Englishman, Graham Potter. He took over them whilst they were in the 4rd tier of the Swedish League, he wonthe Swedish Cup with them last year to gain entry in the Europa League, beat Galatasaray away from home and received a standing ovation from the Gala fans and a 2-2 draw with Athletic Bilbao.

Posted By: Reildogg
Date Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 4:47pm

Amazing magical story about Arsenal's opponents Ostertunds FK. Probably one of the best in modern football but most unknown but the English media will overhype it now they've been drawn against an English side.

Their chairman served in the Bosnian war, Managed by an Englishman, Graham Potter. He took over them whilst they were in the 4rd tier of the Swedish League, he wonthe Swedish Cup with them last year to gain entry in the Europa League, beat Galatasaray away from home and received a standing ovation from the Gala fans and a 2-2 draw with Athletic Bilbao.

He has a yuge fan Base on Ybig too!

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Reildogg Reildogg wrote:

Nah, the likes of Baggio hates them because they are hipster and they have no money.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Nah, the likes of Baggio hates them because they are hipster and they have no money.

LOLLOL
Obsessed much Gazza?

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 9:41am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

LOLLOL
Obsessed much Gazza?
Not as much as you.
Are you stalking me ?
LOL

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 9:53am
You're the one bringing me up randomly in threads

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 7:04pm
Looking forward to Ostersunds v Arsenal tomorrow.

It's like an FA Cup 3rd round tie but in the Europa League knockouts in terms of absolute small minnow team vs Big team

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 7:47pm

It's like an FA Cup 3rd round tie but in the Europa League knockouts in terms of absolute small minnow team vs Big team

Just seen they’ve only formed about 20 years ago and have only been in the top flight the last 2 season.

6 years ago the attendance was around 1k
Last year it was up to 6k

Hope they win.

-------------

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 9:53pm
As a Spurs fan thats not too much of a surprise LOL

Interesting interview on OTB last week with their manager, it's a great story. Big problem for them being in preseason at the moment.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Interesting interview on OTB last week with their manager, it's a great story. Big problem for them being in preseason at the moment.

Its like one of them random lower league Management saves you find on Football
Manager - Some novice Englishman takes a 4th tier Swedish side all the way to knockout stages of Europa League.

Posted By: Hans Moleman
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 6:18am

Really good interview with their manager Graham Potter on second captains last week I think. Unbelievable job he's done. They really are the minnows of the minnows!

-------------
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 6:38am

Ha
Similar story to Dundalk but they have gone further.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 6:39am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

No value in them odds with a couple of decent Champions League sides still to come.

Would any bookmakers take a price on Dortmund or Spurs now?

Spurs
Behave Benny!!

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Ha
Similar story to Dundalk but they have gone further.
With the greatest of respect to Dundalk, their story is much more remarkable.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 11:43am
RB Leipzig tonight 10/11 at home to Napoli.
They're 3-1 up from the first leg in Italy last week, in a game where Napoli didn't look arsed, nor did their fans by the look of the crowd that turned up.
Napoli surely putting all their efforts into the league.

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 12:13pm
I can see Ostersunds getting a consolation goal. They didn’t play terrible at all.

Both teams to score + Arsenal to win is good value imo

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 8:31pm
Osterunds 2-0 up

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 8:37pm

Hon Osterunds

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 9:32pm
Napoli gone and Dortmund looking like they're heading out. 

Looks like it's opening up for Arsenal to win it. Wenger would want to be insane not to play full strength sides for the rest of this campaign especially when it's a lot less likely they'll finish top 4. 

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 9:46pm
Dortmund equalize

-------------

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 9:50pm

Mad scenes in Bilbao. The Russians causing chaos

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Mad scenes in Bilbao. The Russians causing chaos

Copper has been killed apparently. Jaysus

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 9:58pm
Some of those arsenal players were only half arsed tonight with the cup final on Sunday, defo took it handy.

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:03pm
Imagine if Osterunds hadn't missed the penalty in the first leg. Would of been 3-3 at HT and the leg wide open.

A remarkable story from them going from the Swedish 4th tier to beating Arsenal over 90 minutes (even if they were half arsed with Sunday in mind)

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:12pm
F**king arseholes in Bilbao.

There will be talk about the World Cup now... hopefully it's the usual nonsense and the tournament will pass off without incident.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:12pm
Fair play to Osterunds, always great to see smaller clubs have a big win. Well worth it too. Arsenal are continually regressing. Blessed that Napoli are out of this tourney, but the likes of Atletico would eat this lot for breakfast over 2 legs. Will take a hugely soft draw to progress much further. Sad to watch Wenger standing over such a soft gutless side, consideing the teams he built in the past.

-------------
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Fair play to Osterunds, always great to see smaller clubs have a big win. Well worth it too. Arsenal are continually regressing. Blessed that Napoli are out of this tourney, but the likes of Atletico would eat this lot for breakfast over 2 legs. Will take a hugely soft draw to progress much further. Sad to watch Wenger standing over such a soft gutless side, consideing the teams he built in the past.

Atletico's squad is threadbare and Carrasco is now moving to China too, they've 3 or 4 massive games coming up in La Liga over the next few weeks also.

Very hard to sustain Simeone's high intensity/high pressing game with such a small squad.

I think Arsenal have managed this competition superbly. 

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:24pm
There should be zero tolerance on these ultra scumbags when they go to other cities/countries and cause mayhem. Surprised the Spanish/Basque police force were seemingly caught off guard. I thought they'd nip something like that in the bud. Travel bans aren't enough. They should be in prison for a substantial period. 

I wouldn't fancy being an England fan wearing colours in Russia during the world cup. Marseilles Part Deux 

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:25pm
Arsenal will definitely be able to field their strongest 11 going forward. Wenger would be mental not to, top 4 is long gone for them. There's something so shallow, gutless about this side though. Best 11 or not, and there's no Aubameyang, Lacazette injured for awhile, they will struggle to beat a lot of very competent sides left in the tournament. Very hard to see them winning it out unless they get 2 or 3 rounds of powder puff draws which is highly unlikely. On Atletico, I agree they have a huge few weeks ahead. Most pundits don't seem to realise they are still fighting for the title there. They can't afford any slips though. Drop a few points in the upcoming fixtures and the league is more or less gone. No doubt if that happens they would go all out for the Europa then.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:32pm

There should be zero tolerance on these ultra scumbags when they go to other cities/countries and cause mayhem. Surprised the Spanish/Basque police force were seemingly caught off guard. I thought they'd nip something like that in the bud. Travel bans aren't enough. They should be in prison for a substantial period. 

I wouldn't fancy being an England fan wearing colours in Russia during the world cup. Marseilles Part Deux 

I think it was the Basque police who were in the middle of it here: they are the unarmed variety, rather than the national Guardia Civil, who are the badass ones, who would use serious force and serious weaponry.

It's the same in France and Italy: the Gendarmerie and Carabinieri are the ones you don't want to mess with, whereas the local cops are unarmed.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:32pm
Was only Monday some on here lauding the return of riot police and to the "proper" days of football. Might get their wish in Summer- although I'd say Vlad will make sure they don't sh*t where he eats.

Posted By: Territorial
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:38pm

A Russian football fan wanted for attacking an England fan during the Euro 2016 riots in Marseilles has been arrested in Munich.

German police said they apprehended the 31-year-old suspect upon his arrival from Moscow.

The suspect was not named. Police said his victim suffered fractured bones and injuries to the brain and lungs.

He faces up to 15 years in jail in France for attempted homicide and grievous bodily harm.

German police only identified the victim as a 51-year-old England fan.

But Andrew Bache, from Portsmouth, was 51 when he was attacked during the tournament two years ago.

He suffered severe brain injuries and had to be placed in an induced coma, from which he has since emerged.

German federal police said the Russian suspect was identified following a joint investigation with British police over the course of almost a year and a half.

Police said the suspect had been the subject of an international arrest warrant issued by French authorities late last year.

He was arrested during a flight change at Munich airport, while on his way to Bilbao in Spain for a Europa League game.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43156785" rel="nofollow - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43156785

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 8:35am
Tragic night in Bilbao. Those Spartak ****s should all be done for manslaughter.

Inocencio Alonso Garcia was 51, a husband and father to two kids aged 19 and 16. His brother tried to administer first aid when he suffered cardiac arrest during the clashes. There was absolutely no need for it.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: Charlton's Child
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 8:41am
Sad to hear , Doesnt really bode well for the summer

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 8:46am

Very poor European campaign.
Dumped out of the CL group after finishing with 6 points and then beaten at the first stage of the Europa.

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 9:10am
Napoli will be glad they’re out. Best chance in a long time winning Serie A.

Milan are finally starting to find form under Gattuso, hes even got Fabio Borini scoring for them at left back position

I never considered them competition favourites at the start but they’re peaking at the right time

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 9:50am

Napoli will be glad they’re out. Best chance in a long time winning Serie A.

Milan are finally starting to find form under Gattuso, hes even got Fabio Borini scoring for them at left back position

I never considered them competition favourites at the start but they’re peaking at the right time

Didn't look like that to be last night to be honest - just a really bad last half hour in the first leg. But it might concentrate the mind alright - have won 9 on the bounce in Serie A but long way to go. Hopefully still nip and tuck when they play Juve in April.

Posted By: max
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 12:19pm
Lazio v Dynamo Kiev
RB Leipzig v Zenit St Petersburg
Atletico Madrid v Lokomotiv Moscow
CSKA v Lyon
Marseille v Athletic Bilbao
Sporting Lisbon v Viktoria Plzen
Borussia Dortmund v FC Salzburg
Milan v Arsenal

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by max max wrote:

Milan v Arsenal
The Serie A table bears a striking resemblance to the EPL table (bar two breaking away at the top, rather than one):
http://www.skysports.com/serie-a-table" rel="nofollow - http://www.skysports.com/serie-a-table

Curiously, both Milan and Arsenal are 7 points behind their city rivals, who occupy the 5th/EL place.

That said, Arsenal have won two, drawn one and lost three of their last six League games (7 points from 18), whereas Milan have won five and drawn the other of theirs (16 from 18) - Gattuso seems to have made a big impression since taking over in December.

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 12:52pm
Milan vs Arsenal Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:01pm

Milan vs Arsenal Clap
Forza i Rossoneri! 

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 2:14pm
Went to see Milan earlier this season against Cagliari. They were lucky to win but there's no doubt they're changing and getting better as the season goes on.

Donnarumma is definitely not a bad keeper.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Milan vs Arsenal Clap
Forza i Rossoneri! 

Agreed mo charaWink

-------------

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Went to see Milan earlier this season against Cagliari. They were lucky to win but there's no doubt they're changing and getting better as the season goes on.

Donnarumma is definitely not a bad keeper.

Has been really poor for Milan this season! though it's not surprising considering his age, will be a great keeper in years to come.

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 6:54pm
Arsenal dispatching with AC Milan with ease.

2-0 up at half time.

I reckon they've a decent chance of winning it outright, Atletico the only team they should be worrying about and to a lesser extent Lazio. 

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 7:25pm

2-0 up at half time.

I reckon they've a decent chance of winning it outright, Atletico the only team they should be worrying about and to a lesser extent Lazio. 
Plenty of teams Arsenal should worry about left in the Europa. If they draw Atletico it's all over for them, they are light years ahead of Arsenal.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 9:56pm

2-0 up at half time.

Plenty of teams Arsenal should worry about left in the Europa. If they draw Atletico it's all over for them, they are light years ahead of Arsenal.

As I said only a few weeks ago, their squad is threadbare at the moment and a few injuries will leave them in serious trouble. 

I've always found that Arsenal are at their best when there's no pressure on them, just take a look at the results tonight Dortmund, Bilbao and Lazio are all in trouble now.

"If" the happen to avoid Atletico and meet in the final who knows, anything could happen. 

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 10:38pm

2-0 up at half time.

I'm not sure I'd be so emphatic. Agree Atletico are ahead of Arsenal but I'm not sure light years is accurate. Atletico are in this competition due to not being able to beat Qarabag over two ganes after all.

9/5 on 365 even after all but booling there placw in the quarter's while 3 of their biggest rivals left with a lot of work to do.

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 10:46pm

2-0 up at half time.

As I said only a few weeks ago, their squad is threadbare at the moment and a few injuries will leave them in serious trouble. 

I've always found that Arsenal are at their best when there's no pressure on them, just take a look at the results tonight Dortmund, Bilbao and Lazio are all in trouble now.

"If" the happen to avoid Atletico and meet in the final who knows, anything could happen. 

Good point. 

It's crazy to write them off in a knock-out competition and I don't think Atletico are 'light years' ahead of them. Atletico were very poor in their CL group. 

No team will want to draw Arsenal in the next round. 

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 12:31am

2-0 up at half time.

Athletic really shouldn't be considered as real contenders this season, and this would apply even before tonights result. Ziganda isn't anywhere near as good a coach as Valverde, they've been very ordinary in the league this season. Not having Inigo Martinez available in the EL is a blow too

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 12:44am
Marseille should have scored another two at least tonight. That tie should be dead and buried.

Here’s hoping for a Red Bull v Red Bull final. Just to see PM’s reaction would make it worthwhile.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 12:59am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Marseille should have scored another two at least tonight. That tie should be dead and buried.

Here’s hoping for a Red Bull v Red Bull final. Just to see PM’s reaction would make it worthwhile.
There wouldn't be one. It is inevitable at this stage. My hysterical reaction happened years back, now I just hark back to the days when such a remark would seem flippant. Nowadays I just tend to avoid football!

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 1:14am
Surprised by lads reactions on here to Atletico. They are light years ahead of Arsenal. I think if they meet them over 2 legs they would annihilate them. I was disappointed in Atleticos performance against Barca last week, because they have showed clearly what they are capable of in the past 2 months. Clear favs for this competition, and if they were in the CL knockouts, they would be in with a serious chance of winning that. That's the level Atletico are at. The likes of Marseille, Leipzig and 1 or 2 others pose a far greater threat to Atletico than Arsenal. Arsenal are hugely up against it in this competition, really not sure at all where lads are getting the idea that they're well capable of winning it from? They are a totally broken club, and more importantly a totally broken team.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net