Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Europa League 17-18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Europa League 17-18
    Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 9:08pm
Sponsored Links

Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 9:25pm
He won't be playing in Romania for long I reckon with strikes like that!
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 9:56pm
FK Suduva beat Sion 3-0 and PSV lose at home to Osijek of Croatia, the two most surprising results of the night. Lithuanian teams performing well in Europe this year. 

AEK Larnaca will take a 2-0 lead to Minsk, Mlada Boleslav beat Skenderbeu 2-1 at home.

Anthony O'Connor had a very decent game for Aberdeen in their 2-1 win versus Apollon.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 4:56pm
AC Milan were really disappointing for all the money they've spent this summer.

The stats don't tell the whole story but the team who finished 5th in the Romanian league managed to get in 1 on 1 vs Donnarumma, if he didn't save that it's 1-1 and it gets a bit embarrassing for Milan
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 2:13pm
Milan have already sold over 50,000 tickets for the home game, which is some going for them. They weren't getting great crowds near the end of last season.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Milan have already sold over 50,000 tickets for the home game, which is some going for them. They weren't getting great crowds near the end of last season.
Broke the record for a Europa League qualifier tonight, seventy thousand in attendance. They won 2-0 on the night, 3-0 on aggregate.

A few surprising results; Osijek beating PSV home and away,  Freiburg going out to Domzale and Bordeaux going out to Videoton.  
AIK are also beating Braga at half-time in the second leg, 1-0 on the night, 2-1 on aggregate.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 10:35pm
PSV fooked up. First time in 44 years they're not in the group stages of a European cup tournament   
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

PSV fooked up. First time in 44 years they're not in the group stages of a European cup tournament   
How does that work? Sure group stages are only a recent thing.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

How does that work? Sure group stages are only a recent thing.

I should've phrased that better, but first time in 44 years they're not in the proper stages so to speak. Was reading it in the press here earlier. Thought it was quite the record they had.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 11:01pm
Ah right! Yeah, pretty impressive for a shower of peasants and farmers alright. 
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 11:05pm
You have mistaken Eindhoven for Cork bud.

Edited by BabbsBalls - 03 Aug 2017 at 11:08pm
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 6:45am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Nah. That was pretty accurate for PSV!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 11:45am

Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Nah. That was pretty accurate for PSV!
They seem to take pride in it themselves anyway!

I only noticed afterwards there was a bit of hassle in Limassol with the Aberdeen fans after the game, they showed more fight than their team who were pathetic.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 12:05pm
Tbf cypriot football would drive you insane, appolon applied the same vile tactics as aek larnaca did to cork. Very effective but how their fans can watch a season of it is beyond me.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Tbf cypriot football would drive you insane, appolon applied the same vile tactics as aek larnaca did to cork. Very effective but how their fans can watch a season of it is beyond me.

Drinking copious amounts of Keo and Leon in the sweltering sun. That's how we dealt with having to watch our matches with them over there!
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 12:14pm
Small Club (England) v Hajduk Split (Croatia) tough one for them in fairness.
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 12:16pm

Drinking copious amounts of Keo and Leon in the sweltering sun. That's how we dealt with having to watch our matches with them over there!

Our last away trip to cyprus was my last away trip as a young fella, the week in aya nappa almost killed me.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 12:20pm

Our last away trip to cyprus was my last away trip as a young fella, the week in aya nappa almost killed me.

For the match in '05 I spent 5 weeks there. I had a wedding at the start of September in Cyprus, so decided to stay on. What a time! But took some recovery time. For both my body and bank balance!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
  Share Topic