EURO 2024 Qualifier GROUP B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 69>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 12:16pm

1. Belgium    
2. Scotland    
3. Republic of Ireland    
4. Luxembourg    
5. Malta    

is what came out for me. I'd take that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 12:24pm
Poland
Israel
Republic of Ireland
Kosovo
Slovakia

I'd take that also - tricky 4th and 5th seeds though!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 12:35pm
Hungary
Finland
Ireland
Kazakhstan
Latvia

Hungary pop up as the best possible pot 1 team going by fifa rankings though when does that update. The teams based on elo rankings is a little out of date as France and Belgium come up as the worst seeds when Spain and Netherlands should be though France and Belgium top the FIFA rankings for Europe.

Think avoiding Turkey and Slovakia as 4th and 5th is the best outcome. Kazakhstan could be a tricky away trip and won promotion to League B for the next campaign. Would rather avoid a Pot 4 team that is gonna be in League B next season.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 12:36pm
I'd take tricky 4th and 5th seeds over avoiding England and France. We really do need to avoid them two would be a nightmare draw for us. 

We have shown in the Nations League we are on the right track to an extent and there's no team in Pot 2 outside those I would be quaking at. We have played Scotland Serbia and Ukraine and acquitted ourselves very well. They are as good as what we could possibly meet from pot 2 outside of those two.

Avoiding England and France is everything really as regards our chances.

Edited by kevin100 - 30 Sep 2022 at 12:37pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 12:41pm

Hungary
Finland
Ireland
Kazakhstan
Latvia

Hungary pop up as the best possible pot 1 team going by fifa rankings though when does that update. The teams based on elo rankings is a little out of date as France and Belgium come up as the worst seeds when Spain and Netherlands should be though France and Belgium top the FIFA rankings for Europe.

Think avoiding Turkey and Slovakia as 4th and 5th is the best outcome. Kazakhstan could be a tricky away trip and won promotion to League B for the next campaign. Would rather avoid a Pot 4 team that is gonna be in League B next season.

Most, if not all of the 4th seeds are going to be tricky particularly away from home, they have been for a while now and predates Kenny - I'd nearly prefer to get one with some international pedigree such as Greece so I dont have to listen to lads bleating on about how we should be beating them, so we should, Kazakhstan a case in point.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 12:47pm

Hungary
Finland
Ireland
Kazakhstan
Latvia

Hungary's performance in the Euros and their subsequent results in the Nations League have been very, very good. They are also a young team and have a couple of genuine top quality players - I think there are probably weaker/older teams in Pot 1 from a purely footballing pov. I'd prefer Swiss, Danes (despite recent achievements), Poles.
Heimatklange View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 1:06pm
My random draw

Portugal

Bosnia-Herzegovina

Republic of Ireland

Faroe Islands

Estonia

I would take this.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 1:28pm

https://swissfootballdata.com/2022/09/28/interactive-uefa-euro-2024-qualifying-draw-simulator/

A bit of fun.
Few groups where I thought, we could get out of that. Many where its like "Ah f**k we'd be screwed" 

I ran it 20 times on random there, 8 were groups of "Ah f**k we'd be screwed" the rest were fairly grand. I'm suddenly more confident LOL
CillDara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 1:33pm
Italy
Czechia
Republic of Ireland
Kosovo
Slovakia
Andorra

That would be a tricky group but one where you would imagine teams will take a lot of points off one another - could end up suiting us being in a group like that. Could end up anywhere between 2nd and 5th in a group like that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Italy
Czechia
Republic of Ireland
Kosovo
Slovakia
Andorra

That would be a tricky group but one where you would imagine teams will take a lot of points off one another - could end up suiting us being in a group like that. Could end up anywhere between 2nd and 5th in a group like that.

Wouldnt like that group at all, very tough!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 1:57pm
This place is hilarious.  

Your man from Irish fan tv will probably have a video tonight of himself and gspain doing a random draw dressed up in suits. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 2:06pm

This place is hilarious.  

Your man from Irish fan tv will probably have a video tonight of himself and gspain doing a random draw dressed up in suits. 
No wifebeater?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 2:08pm
Spain
England
Republic of Ireland
Georgia
Estonia

What a draw

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 2:09pm

This place is hilarious.  

Ah it's only a bit of fun. And the fancy tool beats what I use to do when I was a youngster when I would do me own draw with pen, paper and a bowl Big smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 2:26pm

This place is hilarious.  

Ah it's only a bit of fun. And the fancy tool beats what I use to do when I was a youngster when I would do me own draw with pen, paper and a bowl Big smile

Aye, sure it kills the time between now and the 9th. It's more craic than the never ending circular arguments going on in the other threads (guilty as charged for that Smile )

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 2:46pm

This place is hilarious.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 3:12pm
Done the random draw got the following:

Croatia
Serbia
Republic of Ireland
Luxembourg
Belarus
Andorra

Would be an interesting one.

Zagreb/Belgrade double header ?

xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 3:15pm

Done the random draw got the following:

Croatia
Serbia
Republic of Ireland
Luxembourg
Belarus
Andorra

Would be an interesting one.

Zagreb/Belgrade double header ?

Imagine!!! Clap Cool Heart

I thought the 2019 double header of Tbilisi and Geneva was great but that was many miles and hours in the air apart!!!
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 69>