You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 tickets REFUNDS etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 44>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatnacho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 9:23pm
If we qualify, and it’s a big if, there will be people with no season ticket or away record complaining on Joe Duffy and the Journal that they never got a chance to buy tickets. They”ll want a government enquiry as to why all the tickets went to the UEFA sponsors and the football family.
Have to say the UEFA ticketing system is very fair and transparent despite the exorbitant prices. 

Edited by Fatnacho - 22 Aug 2019 at 9:24pm
Sponsored Links

VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 9:31pm
Did anyone manage to log into their account using a link from a friends email?
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 10:05pm
Nah, didn't work the few times I tried but he got in no bother. Makes it a bit more of a shambles for those who didn't even get an email....

Unless there's another batch tomoro but that wouldn't really make sense
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

Nah, didn't work the few times I tried but he got in no bother. Makes it a bit more of a shambles for those who didn't even get an email....

Unless there's another batch tomoro but that wouldn't really make sense

Not getting an email is annoying, it’s first come first served so it’s a massive disadvantage getting it tomorrow!!!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 7:33am
It was 7 o clock before I got in to the portal! Picked up Cat 2 tickets for the first game in Dublin and cat 3 tickets for matchday 3 in Bilbao.
bear View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 7:44am
Got 3 x cat 2 tickets for the 3 games in Dublin
"You cannot afford to rely on history, you have to make it" - Martin O'Neill
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 9:51am
There's 3 outcomes here as I see:
1. Ireland don't qualify - you have foreign fans and Irish football fans going as neutrals interested in buying the tickets.
2. Ireland qualify and you have tickets for their games in Dublin - happy days
3. Ireland qualify and you end up with tickets for the game in Dublin for the day Ireland are in Bilbao - you'll be in Bilbao, most Irish people who would go to a game in Dublin as a neutral are in Bilbao. You're relying on 50000 away fans coming to Dublin, these will be very difficult to offload.

Edited by Shedite - 23 Aug 2019 at 9:52am
jamesOjod View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesOjod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 9:58am
I managed to get 2x Cat3 tickets for Dublin Game1 yesterday and have 2 for Game3 from the lottery. Am I right in saying that IF we qualify, I am guaranteed tickets to at least one of our games? Is it already confirmed that we would play 2 games at Lansdowne? 
OOHH AHH...
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 10:12am
Originally posted by jamesOjod jamesOjod wrote:

I managed to get 2x Cat3 tickets for Dublin Game1 yesterday and have 2 for Game3 from the lottery. Am I right in saying that IF we qualify, I am guaranteed tickets to at least one of our games? Is it already confirmed that we would play 2 games at Lansdowne? 
yes and yes

Edited by colemanY2K - 23 Aug 2019 at 10:12am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 10:18am
Originally posted by jamesOjod jamesOjod wrote:

Yes we are guaranteed 2 games. This is the general summary if I have understood all the info correctly. 

We would only be able to get 3 games if we qualify automatically (not via play off). This is based on assumption that Spain will qualify automatically. If we both qualify automatically then there will be a draw to determine who gets the placement of E1 (top seed) which would then have 3 home games. 

We dont know if the game where we would play Spain (in Bilbao or dublin) would be game 1, 2 or 3. This will only be determined after the euro 2020 draw and group placement of the non top seeded side into placement if E2, E3 or E4
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Fatnacho Fatnacho wrote:

If we qualify, and it’s a big if, there will be people with no season ticket or away record complaining on Joe Duffy and the Journal that they never got a chance to buy tickets. They”ll want a government enquiry as to why all the tickets went to the UEFA sponsors and the football family.
Have to say the UEFA ticketing system is very fair and transparent despite the exorbitant prices. 

John Delaney ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
ACTHUNG BABY View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACTHUNG BABY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Fatnacho Fatnacho wrote:

John Delaney ?

SmileTongueTongue

Edited by ACTHUNG BABY - 23 Aug 2019 at 10:50am
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 1:41pm
There is one potentially dodgy issue: if five host teams end up in the playoffs, what happens then when the final draw is made in December 2019, before the playoffs? They can't leave the whole thing open til after the playoffs in March, can they? But they can't leave open the possibility of a host not playing at home either....

It is really quite unlikely that of the 12 teams there will be 5 in the playoffs; that is mostly because Romania, Hungary and Azerbaijan are quite unlikely to be in the playoffs if they don't qualify automatically. However, it could happen and it could be messy if it did. All very unlikely though.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 1:47pm
Do ya think they'll announce fixtures before the playoffs?

I had it in my head we wouldn't know whos playing where until the 24 teams are known
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 1:54pm
Anyone get an email today?
Gravitas AFC View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gravitas AFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I had it in my head we wouldn't know whos playing where until the 24 teams are known

100%, but there might be one or two ? for certain fixtures.  It just depends on how many and which hosts end up in the playoffs.  I think it will be clear with at most maybe two groups out of six having a little bit of a multiple scenario situation where if one team qualifies they go into one group and if the other qualifies the other.  It could be straightforward, or it could need a small draw for two playoff winners if required.  
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

The fixtures will be determined at the euro 2020 draw in December I thought? 

Edit: taken from UEFA

• If any of the host nations are in the play-offs, an additional final tournament draw may be required following the completion of those matches.
  • Any further restrictions and exact seeding arrangements will be confirmed ahead of the draw.
So looks like in general the fixtures will be set but they might have to hold some spots a bit open, e.g. if we are playing Ukraine in play off it might be Ireland or Ukraine. But if like superdave said, if there are lots in play off, potentially they need to hold open spots and only fill them after the play off through another draw.
Messy!

Edited by t_rAndy - 23 Aug 2019 at 5:12pm
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

There is one potentially dodgy issue: if five host teams end up in the playoffs, what happens then when the final draw is made in December 2019, before the playoffs? They can't leave the whole thing open til after the playoffs in March, can they? But they can't leave open the possibility of a host not playing at home either....

It is really quite unlikely that of the 12 teams there will be 5 in the playoffs; that is mostly because Romania, Hungary and Azerbaijan are quite unlikely to be in the playoffs if they don't qualify automatically. However, it could happen and it could be messy if it did. All very unlikely though.

So for example, will they draw the team that will be the 2nd tier winner in the nations League qualification in a certain spot? And if that is predetermined which group that the team who win the playoff in the 2nd tier in the nations league get, they are avoiding a team from the next division, like Scotland,  playing Spain, just because Ireland might win the qualifiers. To avoid 3 host nations (Spain, Ireland and Scotland) all ending up in the same group. Correct? Makes no sense to me why they do the draw in December at all then if it's not a fair draw.
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 44>
  Share Topic