Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 62>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 1:17pm
Celtic were dreadful that night, but the pitch was a big factor. It really is dreadful, it makes Oriel look like the Bernabeu. I watched Manchester United play there( not the famous one, it was essentially a Gibraltar supporters club, they had to change their name to Gibraltar United when they joined UEFA) and couldn't believe it. There are better astros at the back of the local GAA club.
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by Icy Bread People Icy Bread People wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

They also got hammered by Macedonia in Skopje. Armenia have regressed a lot.

We'll batter this crowd. Should be a minimum 5 zip.

Macedonia being Mick's bogey team. The stars are aligning for a Gibraltar win!

That ain't gonna happen. Every player will want to impress Mick. Even though Gibraltar have undoubtedly improved since we last met them I still expect Ireland to give them a good thumping - possibly into double figures.

Can't see it being double figures but I suppose you never know.

Looking at the Gibraltar squad the majority play for 1 team called Lincoln Red Imps (great name LOL ) All the teams in the  Gibraltar Premier Division (10) all play their games in the Victoria Stadium (obviously because it's the only stadium available ) 

Sure they bate Celtic a few years back.

they put Celtic in a bad mood?
howieb View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 1:44pm
In my opinion getting 3 points away to Georgia and 3 at home to Denmark is the key. 
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 1:49pm
Georgia in Tbilisi is a tough match for all teams. Some team is going to mess up there and hopefully not us. They owe us one big time
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 1:53pm
i see wales are having a friendly before their first qualifier.... i take it thats not possible for us?
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The problem for us isn't getting draws, we can draw with anybody on our day, it is getting wins. We need to beat one of the big two teams to qualify. We would need a huge amount of luck for that to happen.

This.
Scoring goals is going to be a problem.

We need to win (any) 3 games against the Swiss/Denmark and Georgia. 

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by howieb howieb wrote:

Thanks for the replys.  I'm going to book Copenhagen flights and hope I can get tickets for match closer the time 
That's the risk anyone who travels has to take. If you wait to see if you get tickets then you won't find yourself booking flights until 3-4 weeks before the game. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

i see wales are having a friendly before their first qualifier.... i take it thats not possible for us?

Wales have their 1st Bye Match day in the opening round of fixtures. They'll be playing the friendly  on the Thursday I imagine. We have 2 qualifiers that period 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 05 Dec 2018 at 2:07pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
howieb View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by howieb howieb wrote:

Thanks for the replys.  I'm going to book Copenhagen flights and hope I can get tickets for match closer the time 
That's the risk anyone who travels has to take. If you wait to see if you get tickets then you won't find yourself booking flights until 3-4 weeks before the game. 

Yes it is a risk but the flights are reasonable now. I was looking at Denmark's previous attendances . They don't seem to be full house's unless it's a really important game. 

I got a ticket for myself and the wee fella through the away portal for the wales game so hopefully that will help for the Danish game

I'm still confused by this fans direct site, I've completed the form and have got nothing back. I cant see anywhere to login, just can see a form link . How exactly does it work??
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 2:37pm
Not sure if it was mentioned but the difference between playing in Sep and Oct should be huge, been incredibly hot and humid the last two times, was horrible. Playing in cooler weather should help.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Not sure if it was mentioned but the difference between playing in Sep and Oct should be huge, been incredibly hot and humid the last two times, was horrible. Playing in cooler weather should help.

Both games kicked off at night IIRC so not really an issue then.  October will be cooler but we have an earlier kickoff.  It is a tough place to go and win. I wouldn't blame the weather for last year.  
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 3:53pm
Yeah, it was grand the last two times. It was warm during the day alright but by kick off it was perfectly pleasant. Certainly, it was no worse than a good summer's evening here.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Yeah, it was grand the last two times. It was warm during the day alright but by kick off it was perfectly pleasant. Certainly, it was no worse than a good summer's evening here.
I thought it was dry?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Both games kicked off at night IIRC so not really an issue then.  October will be cooler but we have an earlier kickoff.  It is a tough place to go and win. I wouldn't blame the weather for last year.  

I thought it was horribly humid even at that hour!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 4:04pm
I don't recall it being extreme.

Anyway, October is the best time to play them. March would have the risk of still being cold but October should be fine.
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 4:08pm

I thought it was dry?

pissed rain the night before the game last time (september 2017) - got soaked after the fans match.
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 4:12pm
Jez I didn't feel the rain under the umbrellas outside McLarens. It was a great night of beer n song :) paid for it match day tho
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

I thought it was dry?

pissed rain the night before the game last time (september 2017) - got soaked after the fans match.
was absolutely awful weather the night before the game for about 2 hours. Was constant rain along with thunder showers. We were staying in the envoy up the hill which had a rooftop space and it was a very cool sight i must say.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 62>
  Share Topic