You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2012 Squad Ladder

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 11:05am
Im glad he has mentioned Norwich!...at least he knows they have Irish players!!....hes bound to be watching a lot more games and im looking forward to..fingers crossed a bit of a shake up after the Euros,ie some players who deserve a shot been giving one!...cant see him taking a punt on any of the Norwich lads for the euros?!
The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood
Sponsored Links

trapnoclue View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Eh, make that suspended 11 times now

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapnoclue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 11:07am
no point on us guessing the squad cos like the tickets its a lottery,lets just hope green doesnt get lucky.
niall290 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niall290 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 1:16pm
Any date for when the squad will be picked??
June 2012 party time!!
trapforpresident View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapforpresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 2:05pm
may 7th for squad I read somewhere in the last few weeks.with hunts injury problems it looks more likely mcclean will go ,think mccarthy will make it too after trap positive comments.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 2:33pm
thought this was going to be a limited edition ladderCry
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 7:56pm
interesting times ahead
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 10:39pm
given
forde
westwood

foley
kelly
ward
oshea
odea
dunne
sledge

hunt
fahey
andrews
whelan
green
McGeady
Duff
McLean

Walters,Long,Cox,Keane, Doyle

My guess at the moment.

Personally Id like to see McCharty,Coleman and Gibson for Hunt,Foley and Green but just cant see it happening

trapnoclue View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Eh, make that suspended 11 times now

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapnoclue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 11:00pm
any chance green got a belt of that ladder yet
4tothefloor View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4tothefloor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 11:41pm
I wonder is McGeady in trouble seeing that he has effectively been frozen out at Moscow? He's not getting any game time, not ideal preparation for such a big tournament. If he continues to be frozen out it will be a problem for Trap  
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 1:54am
Originally posted by hulkhogan hulkhogan wrote:

given
forde
westwood

foley
kelly
ward
oshea
odea
dunne
sledge

hunt
fahey
andrews
whelan
green
McGeady
Duff
McLean

Walters,Long,Cox,Keane, Doyle

My guess at the moment.

Personally Id like to see McCharty,Coleman and Gibson for Hunt,Foley and Green but just cant see it happening

I think Gibbo has to make it. He has only been going up in the last two months. Maybe Green to lose out? Or maybe Fahey? Compared to those two, Gibson has to make it. Even in the wonderful, all-knowing mind of Trap. Hunt will definitely go, Foley probably..... but Gibbo should displace Green or Fahey. Travesty if he doesn't.
niall290 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niall290 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 9:03am
Lads id be of the opinion that three keepers is too many.Bring two keepers and you then have an option of bringing an extra outfield player?
June 2012 party time!!
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 11:13am
Originally posted by niall290 niall290 wrote:

Lads id be of the opinion that three keepers is too many.Bring two keepers and you then have an option of bringing an extra outfield player?
you have to bring three keepers, it's in the rules of the tournament
niall290 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niall290 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 11:18am
I wasnt aware of that.Pretty stupid rule to be fair.The chances of two keepers getting injured are slim to none!!!
June 2012 party time!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 11:45am

I wasnt aware of that.Pretty stupid rule to be fair.The chances of two keepers getting injured are slim to none!!!

Google "North Korea" and "third goalkeeper" and "2010 World Cup".
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 12:00pm

Probably, but if one gets injured I wouldn't like to be going into the next game with no replacement on the bench
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Probably, but if one gets injured I wouldn't like to be going into the next game with no replacement on the bench

1 injured keeper your reserve keeps gets a straight red - and your rightly fooked. Your also the laughing stock of world football for being so naive.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

From today's Times

PAUL BUTTNER

RICHARD DUNNE has targeted Aston Villa’s visit to West Bromwich Albion on April 28th for his comeback, Republic of Ireland manager Giovanni Trapattoni said in Dublin yesterday.

The 32-year-old central defender is recovering from a fractured collarbone suffered against Manchester City in the middle of February.

While Dunne was always confident he would be back playing by the end of the Premier League season, yesterday’s news confirmed he is ahead of schedule in his recovery, easing any doubts of his availability for Euro 2012.

Should he indeed return against West Brom, Dunne would have two further games, at home to Tottenham and away to Norwich, to boost his match fitness ahead of teaming up with the Ireland squad before the send-off friendly with Bosnia on May 26th.

I was in touch with him and he said ‘Mister I am well. I am confident that I play maybe the last game in April for Aston Villa’,” said Trapattoni. “He answered me [on Monday]. Every two or three days I call him and ask him to answer immediately.”

The Ireland manager had a morale-boosting message for his Wolverhampton Wanderers contingent of Kevin Doyle, Stephen Ward, Stephen Hunt and Kevin Foley, who are facing the prospect of relegation. Wolves are six points adrift at the foot of the Premier League table after five straight league defeats.

“They are last in the table, but we can give them enthusiasm,” said Trapattoni. “The last time they came with us they were a little bit disappointed, but we have the possibility [to lift them] because they must believe us and our system and mentality. It is another team and another situation.”

The good form of Sunderland winger James McClean continues to give Trapattoni something to contemplate as he finalises his 23-man squad for Poland.

“Yes, he scored and plays well,” said Trapattoni of McClean. “And also [James] McCarthy. I have 50 DVDs. Every day I look, Norwich, Wigan and Sunderland and they play well. He goes always now with confidence, McClean.”

Asked about the final make-up of his squad Trapattoni gave a broad hint that McClean, in particular, is playing his way into contention.

These names you said, McCarthy, McClean, that is important.

“It is not difficult,” added Trapattoni on having to disappoint some players. “I am sorry because it is my duty to choose. I am sure they deserve to come. Not only 23, at this moment 28 deserve to come. For me it will be disappointing and I am sorry, but it is my duty to choose this 23, that is our job.

“We have also one or two or three options. Sure, it’s a pity that I have to let one or two options out at this moment.”

Hello MisterLOL

Its probably a negative he mentions McClean in the same breath as McCarthy as I dont see McCarthy having a prayer. I still think McClean will get the nod ahead of Coleman but maybe he'll shock us all and bring both Mcs

EDIT: Funny he mentions watching NorwichLOL

That is what the coach or manager is called in ITaly.;   Mister. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

From today's Times

PAUL BUTTNER

RICHARD DUNNE has targeted Aston Villa’s visit to West Bromwich Albion on April 28th for his comeback, Republic of Ireland manager Giovanni Trapattoni said in Dublin yesterday.

The 32-year-old central defender is recovering from a fractured collarbone suffered against Manchester City in the middle of February.

While Dunne was always confident he would be back playing by the end of the Premier League season, yesterday’s news confirmed he is ahead of schedule in his recovery, easing any doubts of his availability for Euro 2012.

Should he indeed return against West Brom, Dunne would have two further games, at home to Tottenham and away to Norwich, to boost his match fitness ahead of teaming up with the Ireland squad before the send-off friendly with Bosnia on May 26th.

I was in touch with him and he said ‘Mister I am well. I am confident that I play maybe the last game in April for Aston Villa’,” said Trapattoni. “He answered me [on Monday]. Every two or three days I call him and ask him to answer immediately.”

The Ireland manager had a morale-boosting message for his Wolverhampton Wanderers contingent of Kevin Doyle, Stephen Ward, Stephen Hunt and Kevin Foley, who are facing the prospect of relegation. Wolves are six points adrift at the foot of the Premier League table after five straight league defeats.

“They are last in the table, but we can give them enthusiasm,” said Trapattoni. “The last time they came with us they were a little bit disappointed, but we have the possibility [to lift them] because they must believe us and our system and mentality. It is another team and another situation.”

The good form of Sunderland winger James McClean continues to give Trapattoni something to contemplate as he finalises his 23-man squad for Poland.

“Yes, he scored and plays well,” said Trapattoni of McClean. “And also [James] McCarthy. I have 50 DVDs. Every day I look, Norwich, Wigan and Sunderland and they play well. He goes always now with confidence, McClean.”

Asked about the final make-up of his squad Trapattoni gave a broad hint that McClean, in particular, is playing his way into contention.

These names you said, McCarthy, McClean, that is important.

“It is not difficult,” added Trapattoni on having to disappoint some players. “I am sorry because it is my duty to choose. I am sure they deserve to come. Not only 23, at this moment 28 deserve to come. For me it will be disappointing and I am sorry, but it is my duty to choose this 23, that is our job.

“We have also one or two or three options. Sure, it’s a pity that I have to let one or two options out at this moment.”

Hello MisterLOL

Its probably a negative he mentions McClean in the same breath as McCarthy as I dont see McCarthy having a prayer. I still think McClean will get the nod ahead of Coleman but maybe he'll shock us all and bring both Mcs

EDIT: Funny he mentions watching NorwichLOL

That is what the coach or manager is called in ITaly.;   Mister. 

Yup. A hangover from the introduction of the game by English sailors. The use of English around the world in football terms (for instance, many countries used the word "corner" even though their own languages have a different word for corner) is not by any means unique to Italy.

Anyway, read Forza Italia by Paddy Agnew, or Calcio by John Foot. Both good reads on Italian football.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic