You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Euro 2012 - FAI Tickets (Read Pg81 before posting)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2012 - FAI Tickets (Read Pg81 before posting)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 199>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrisMorrisKross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 2:56pm
I met two lads on the plane to Tallinn on the Friday morning who had two tickets to the game. They told me that they had not applied for them. They had been posted to them and arrived on the Wednesday completely out of the blue. They did not have flights booked and considered putting the tickets on e-bay but at the last minute booked flights and decided to travel. They had been allocated two tickets for the game in Andorra. I was not in Andorra but we had a bit of a chat about what it was like. They said it was brilliant and even more so as it was their first ever away match. 
Back o' the Net !
Sponsored Links

Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 3:12pm
So Abbey Travel have 50% and Greenforever Travel have 50%.......at least it's transparent
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by WindBag WindBag wrote:

For once the FAI have sent a communication out early outlining thier plans... that has to be an improvement from before.

We will all be sorted for tkts...

An assumption based on ....??

Seen as we will be allocated on average 3,000 tickets for each game , half of which could go to travel companies & sponsors that doesnt leave much for the rest. The only saving grace in my opinion is the fact that a good portion of the tickets for each game go to the locals, many of which will be filtered down to the supporters of the teams on show... at what price though is the big question . Ill be confident enough of getting a ticket for myself (not confident of getting my usual 3) but I for one wont be too surprised getting let down again by the FAIs ticketing policy or lack of. . . and if Abbey travel get HALF of the tickets we are allocated it will be a case of bureaucracy gone mad.  If I can't get a ticket after travelling around Europe supporting the lads when it seemed only a handful of us gave a fook I will never hand over a single penny to the FAI again. . 

Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

For once the FAI have sent a communication out early outlining thier plans... that has to be an improvement from before.

Seen as we will be allocated on average 3,000 tickets for each game , half of which could go to travel companies & sponsors that doesnt leave much for the rest. The only saving grace in my opinion is the fact that a good portion of the tickets for each game go to the locals, many of which will be filtered down to the supporters of the teams on show... at what price though is the big question . Ill be confident enough of getting a ticket for myself (not confident of getting my usual 3) but I for one wont be too surprised getting let down again by the FAIs ticketing policy or lack of. . . and if Abbey travel get HALF of the tickets we are allocated it will be a case of bureaucracy gone mad.  If I can't get a ticket after travelling around Europe supporting the lads when it seemed only a handful of us gave a fook I will never hand over a single penny to the FAI again. . 

Well said BabbsBallsClap
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Its only half for the group games,I heard* it rises to 70 % if we get through to the knockouts, bad deal IMO

* heard = totally made up

Edited by Newryrep - 24 Nov 2011 at 3:38pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
AidoM View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Real life Fr Austin Purcell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 3:40pm
Lads and Lassies,

Fear not your FLO's are on top of this already Thumbs Up

Rolo and myself have a meeting arranged with the FAI on Monday. Don't know yet what format the meeting will take but we'll try to get as much info as possible from them about their intentions.

We'd also like to give them a sense of what people think. So if people wish to post any suggestion about how tickets could or should be allocated post them up and we'll look at them and bring them up with the FAI
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by AidoM AidoM wrote:

Lads and Lassies,

Rolo and myself have a meeting arranged with the FAI on Monday. Don't know yet what format the meeting will take but we'll try to get as much info as possible from them about their intentions.

We'd also like to give them a sense of what people think. So if people wish to post any suggestion about how tickets could or should be allocated post them up and we'll look at them and bring them up with the FAI

Show them the Estonia ticket threadLOL
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 3:49pm
Cheers Aido.....my suggestion ( well demand really) is that I get allocated my four tickets for all games.

Thanks for sorting it
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 3:52pm

Lads and Lassies,

Everyone that applied for tickets for Barca and werent successful should get first refusal o tickets for the Eruros imho.
AidoM View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Real life Fr Austin Purcell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Everyone that applied for tickets for Barca and werent successful should get first refusal o tickets for the Eruros imho.

Your first sensible post in relation to tickets, Ky Wink

But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

* heard = totally made up

LOL
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Midlands View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midlands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 4:06pm

Lads and Lassies,

Great going getting the meeting AidoM, comes at a good time with some sort of announcement from them tomorrow. Improved communication is probably one of the things I'd love to see most. Ticket allocation processes and updates seem to run hand in hand with pre budget scaremongering. Loads of rumours each time and nothing confirmed by FAI. I totally appreciate due to matches happening close together such as playoffs, or the delay in cobnfirmation of Andorra venue, that this adds to hampering an already difficult situation. But instead of people having to email/call the already very busy ticket office, regular updates and information from the FAI would be very much appreciated.

Secondly blanket sending out tickets to clubs for matches where the club has neither requested them nor wanted them which I heard happened to at least one club for both the Andorra and Tallinn matches is an indicator that something drastically needs to be addressed in the allocation process. If the pool of tickets available directly to fans can be increased then it would go some way towards alleviating recurring nightmares for fans trying to get tickets.

Just my opinion on two areas (amongst others) that I'd love to see possibly addressed. A meeting taking place is without doubt a good step forward in giving the fans the opportunity to bring things to the table with the FAI. Regular meetings would be a great way to aid improved communication. Best of luck with it all!!
The Irishmans left foot is so cultured it could paint the Mona Lisa while enjoying a half time orange
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 4:52pm
In Aido and Rolo we trustClap

Bring it home or else

Edited by The GerK - 24 Nov 2011 at 4:54pm
GreenTribe View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Please Count, can I be a Mod?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenTribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Cheers Aido.....my suggestion ( well demand really) is that I get allocated my four tickets for all games.

Thanks for sorting it

I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 5:02pm
keep JD away from the ticket allocation and no more stupid raffles in Bars.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 5:25pm
Probably just some sort of list we'll be added too
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
o_faz View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote o_faz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 6:01pm
All people want is a system that is open, transparent and clear to all how/when tickets are being distributed, and how many are available.

Of course there will be some that will moan 'this decision is a farce, I've been to 2 away games and bought my cat to one of those' once the decision has been taken on how to allocate, but simply there will never be a right way of distributing tickets. Someone will be unhappy they have missed out.

Kudos to you AidoM and rolo for taking time and effort out of what are undoubtedly busy lives to listen to us and hopefully convey some of our opinions to the FAI. I really hope that the FAI will listen and take the (constructive) criticism on board.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 6:12pm
Sure we'll see wat happens on Monday. Keep the ideas/questions coming...

Hopefully tomorrow's announcement doesnt leave us all in a state of panic...
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 199>
  Share Topic