You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Euro 2012 - FAI Tickets (Read Pg81 before posting)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2012 - FAI Tickets (Read Pg81 before posting)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 199>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 12:39pm
What do yis mean about Abbey travel lads ??
Sponsored Links

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Wouldnt be surprised if the have a certain number of tickets ted into a contract. Abbey could sell up to 2,000 per game imho (not saying there'd be 2,000 interested in the 3 game package but if they were doing game by game there would definitely be high interest). And Im not saying they'll get near 2000 but Id imagine up to 1k at a guess.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

They may say something along the lines of: "We are entitled to 8 per cent of tickets, we will be trying to get more because there is a huge demand. We will have our official sponsors like Abbey Travel to look after as well as the diehard fans."

People may decide to go through Abbey instead of independently
c90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Could they tie it in with a 2012 / 2013 season ticket of some description, unlikely as it maybe
No, emailed the ticket office earlier in the week about '14 campaign block book / season tickets and they got back this morning to say they won't have any info until next year.
Maggie Thatcher, Winston Churchill, Lawrence Of Arabia, Elton John! Yiz can all go f**k yerselves
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 12:51pm
FAO Anyone who got tickets from uefa

Do we have to pay for them now or is it after the draw?
Was just in site to see how much im due and it gives option to pay invoice
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 1:00pm

I think the 8% is gone but it is something like 448,000 tickets for the 31 games shared between the competing countries. 

Abbey will take whatever they can get and will be very attractive for those who wouldn't get tickets otherwise.  I'd expect to see lots of day trips as well particularly if in Ukraine. 

Other demands include, sponsors, council members, players families, clubs and leagues.

Vantage Club holders will no doubt get some too. 
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 1:15pm
There will be very few for fans outside where GS has outlined.
If we draw a host nation, it will certainly be squeaky bum time for that match but any others should not be too bad me thinks
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

There will be very few for fans outside where GS has outlined.
If we draw a host nation, it will certainly be squeaky bum time for that match but any others should not be too bad me thinks

Reality is though we won't get much more than our allocation from a lot of other countries too.

Holland, Germany, England and Russia will all sellout their complete allocation.  Sweden will probably do the same at least in Poland.  Croatia will also have decent support.  From a ticket point of view you want Spain, Italy and Portugal. 

Our opponents are often a good source of tickets too btw. 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 1:40pm
Denmark will sell there's also
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Denmark will sell there's also

True but we can't draw them.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 1:57pm
Oh right wasn't sure that's what ye were doing
I get ye now!
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 2:24pm
i have utter faith in the FAI that this will be another fiasco. I would say abbey are getting 50% of the allocation.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Stretchryan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 2:29pm
This should be fun alright - when was back in dublin for home leg against Estonia my brother brought my post from home and guess what was in it a ticket for the away leg - they had also sent me one to Luxembourg - have no faith in the ticket office at all....
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

i have utter faith in the FAI that this will be another fiasco. I will make a wild stab in the dark for dramatic efffect and say  that say abbey are getting 50% of the allocation.

edited for you
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

i have utter faith in the FAI that this will be another fiasco. I will make a wild stab in the dark for dramatic efffect and say  that say abbey are getting 50% of the allocation.

edited for you

LOL
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 2:47pm
For once the FAI have sent a communication out early outlining thier plans... that has to be an improvement from before.

We will all be sorted for tkts...
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 2:47pm

Bear in mind that 3, Aviva & Carlsberg etc will have to get sorted out of this too.

It'd say at least the other 50% will go through Abbey as it would prob be a logistical nightmare for the FAI to distribute these tickets given the system they have in place at the moment. Very disappointing from our point of view though.
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 2:52pm
no problem signing a 60 month contact with 3mobile or carlsberg for that matter, if they give me a ticket
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 199>
  Share Topic