You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

English PL 21/22 season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 1:00pm
If Everton truly want to kick on they need to replace Lampard. They are awful. He's signed terribly and they are closer to the relegation zone (all be it now safe) than when he came in as manager. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

If Everton truly want to kick on they need to replace Lampard. They are awful. He's signed terribly and they are closer to the relegation zone (all be it now safe) than when he came in as manager. 
He wouldn't have been in charge of signings - Everton's biggest problems are the people above the manager.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 9:41am
Good bit still to play for on the last day of the season.

1st place - can't see City messing it up. Aston Villa just not good enough no matter what Stevie G tries.
4th place - if Spurs don't beat Norwich they don't deserve 4th place, in saying that I have no doubt they will. Everton will be on a high against Arsenal as well. 
6th place - Wouldn't surprise me if United lose/draw and West Ham win today. United are just so poor at times.

Relegation - Seeing how well Newcastle played against Arsenal I would fancy them to beat Burnley. Leeds could get something from Brentford.

Overall should be interesting whatever way it works out. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 11:08am
City
Spurs 
West Ham
Burnley

For the spoils
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Its only a matter of time until a player or manager is seriously injured by fans during a pitch invasion

The time has already come. 

I hate pitch invasions and have never done it, but I'm sure a lot have from here at LOI games, or GAA ones. Pitches are for players and officials, stands are for fans. Nobody else has the right to be on the pitch at any time. It's bloody awful to look at, the winning team just want to get off the pitch asap, and is dangerous for opposition players and fans. Add in the use of flares now and it's even more dangerous then it was. 

Invasions at playoffs are an annual ritual. Everton fans have a reputation for pitch invasions when they beat the drop at home, which they upheld during the week. City fans will invade the pitch tomorrow if they win the league, because they think they have a right to uphold their tradition from recent years. They don't, as it's a criminal offence in the UK for fans to be on pitches at games, but people assume it's an annual tradition that must be maintained or you're a killjoy. It always happens when the new champions are confirmed in the LOI. Thankfully it doesn't happen at internationals anymore, but that's only because FIFA will throw the book at those who can't keep their fans off the pitch, which the FA won't. 
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Its only a matter of time until a player or manager is seriously injured by fans during a pitch invasion

The time has already come. 

I hate pitch invasions and have never done it, but I'm sure a lot have from here at LOI games, or GAA ones. Pitches are for players and officials, stands are for fans. Nobody else has the right to be on the pitch at any time. It's bloody awful to look at, the winning team just want to get off the pitch asap, and is dangerous for opposition players and fans. Add in the use of flares now and it's even more dangerous then it was. 

Invasions at playoffs are an annual ritual. Everton fans have a reputation for pitch invasions when they beat the drop at home, which they upheld during the week. City fans will invade the pitch tomorrow if they win the league, because they think they have a right to uphold their tradition from recent years. They don't, as it's a criminal offence in the UK for fans to be on pitches at games, but people assume it's an annual tradition that must be maintained or you're a killjoy. It always happens when the new champions are confirmed in the LOI. Thankfully it doesn't happen at internationals anymore, but that's only because FIFA will throw the book at those who can't keep their fans off the pitch, which the FA won't. 

It's going to be really strange when they turn up on Monday to invade the pitch and there's no one there LOL

But you're 100% right, Viera didn't kick yer man half hard enough the last night. If you run onto the pitch you should be banned from every stadium in the country and black listed for international games.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 4:40pm
Going nicely for neutrals
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 5:59pm
Thank f**k for that 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 6:00pm
Delighted BNP FC relegated....

" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 6:23pm

When KDB is all finished up with football I fully expect him to be spoken of as one of the best, if not the best player to have played in the league. He makes it look effortless at times.
Throwing this out again. What a player
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Delighted BNP FC relegated....

I've no particular love for Burnley but they do have Irish players. 

Was hoping they'd stay up on that basis alone tbh. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 6:33pm
Well done City. Better team overall this season in the league. Was starting to dream. I would have loved to see how City would react if Liverpool had of got in front while they were losing. Unfortunately Liverpool were very sluggish in our own game.

Still have the CL to look forward to but our Liverpools current performances I am very worried.
But still a great season
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 9:35pm

When KDB is all finished up with football I fully expect him to be spoken of as one of the best, if not the best player to have played in the league. He makes it look effortless at times.

I agree with your sentiments, funnily enough he was quite poor today despite creating the winner
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Well done City. Better team overall this season in the league. Was starting to dream. I would have loved to see how City would react if Liverpool had of got in front while they were losing. Unfortunately Liverpool were very sluggish in our own game.

Still have the CL to look forward to but our Liverpools current performances I am very worried.
But still a great season

I thought it was gone 
City were so poor for that first 75 mins or so. 
I'd no doubt Liverpool were going to get a winner so thought City were dead and buried at 2-0

Defence was all over the place again today, Zinchenko added balance when he came on and Sterling and Gundogan were brilliant subs to introduce
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 9:37pm

I agree with your sentiments, funnily enough he was quite poor today despite creating the winner

Nerves wrecked today RB?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Nerves wrecked today RB?

I'd given up hope at 2-0

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 9:44pm
Congrats to Abu Dhabi Clap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Congrats to Abu Dhabi Clap

USA pushed them all the way
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122>
  Share Topic