You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

English PL 2018/2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 60>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 7:05am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Missed the game tonight but just seen the result. As much as some of the pundits/media across the water over egg anything an English manager does and make most out to be the next Guardiola after a couple of decent results, it has to be said that Howes record is incredible. The media do give him plenty of positive coverage, but not nearly enough imo considering what he has done at Bournemouth. Should definitely be moving onto a really big club in the next few years if the top PL clubs have any smarts about them.

Exactly when the 'big' jobs come up in the EPL he doesn't even get considered crazy.

Edited by Double Maxim - 02 Oct 2018 at 7:05am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Missed the game tonight but just seen the result. As much as some of the pundits/media across the water over egg anything an English manager does and make most out to be the next Guardiola after a couple of decent results, it has to be said that Howes record is incredible. The media do give him plenty of positive coverage, but not nearly enough imo considering what he has done at Bournemouth. Should definitely be moving onto a really big club in the next few years if the top PL clubs have any smarts about them.

Exactly when the 'big' jobs come up in the EPL he doesn't even get considered crazy.

Think if Bournemouth finish anywhere around mid table this season, he will have to start getting considered for the much bigger jobs. Obviously if there is a world class manager that suits the biggest clubs they will go for that, but when clubs are appointing washed up bozos over quality up and coming managers it's just poor stewardship, simple as that.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

One black mark on his record was the one time he left Bournemouth (then L1) for Burnley (Championship). He lasted 18 months there before leaving because he was "homesick" and wanted to be back closer to his family in Bournemouth. Sounds like he really likes Bournemouth and doesn't want to leave
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 9:18am
I think when you just consider where he has brought Bournemouth from, that stint away at Burnley aside, to where they are now, it's still an incredible job he has done. If they now make it 4 seasons in a row surviving in the PL on the budget they are on, it would be very hard on Howe to consider a stint such as the Burnley one as a mark against him. He was a very young guy at that time also. 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 12:47pm

I think when you just consider where he has brought Bournemouth from, that stint away at Burnley aside, to where they are now, it's still an incredible job he has done. If they now make it 4 seasons in a row surviving in the PL on the budget they are on, it would be very hard on Howe to consider a stint such as the Burnley one as a mark against him. He was a very young guy at that time also. 
Yer Howe left the Clarets because he was homesick and nothing to do with the owner who gave him a huge stash of cash to take over at Bournemouth .
Yes done well I must say but would anyone think himself of Dyche would do well running a top six club ?
Horses for courses .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 1:00pm
Totally different coaches, Dyche and Howe. Howe definitely has the potential to go far higher up the ladder imo. Dyche a fine coach in his own right, but I could never see him at any of the current top 6 English clubs. There's definitely potential for Howe to do that in years to come.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 2:11pm
Looks luke Fulham have spent wisely FFSWink
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 2:21pm
Great team move for Ramsey's goal.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

It was like Harlem Globetrotters stuff Clap
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 2:51pm

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

It was like Harlem Globetrotters stuff Clap
Hand ball then, surely?
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 3:13pm
Top 5 teams have all won 6 games.
If Liverpool v Man City finishes in a draw there will be 2 points separating the top 5.

Who would have thought that after 8 games.

The league need Liverpool to win.
I think Pep will figure it out and win today.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 4:01pm
Mendy v Salah could be messy today for City
I don’t rate his defensive qualities
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 5:03pm
Arsenal with 6 wins in a row & 2 off the top spot. Some achievement considering how open they’ve been
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 5:42pm
Not too bad considering the start they had. The only thing I'd say about the run of wins is that they haven't faced any of the big teams during that run.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 6:17pm
What a terrible penalty from mahrez there. He forced his way to hitting it and then did that Ouch
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 6:18pm
What utter tripe 
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 6:26pm
2 average sides really
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 6:29pm
City were the better team
Stones and Laporte brilliant at quelling the Liverpool attack 

Woeful by Mahrez. There wasn’t a good penalty taker on the field at the time for City, even Aguero isn’t that good at them
All hindsight really saying Jesus would have scored 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 60>
  Share Topic