You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - England Friendly - Nov 12th Wembley
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


England Friendly - Nov 12th Wembley

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 67>
Author
Message
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Joined: 18 Sep 2008
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 26453
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 7:59pm
murph I answered your questions.  If you can’t see that I didn’t I don’t know what to say. You are the one who has avoided answering questions.   

1 goal in five games is not good enough.  That needs to change.

Kenny needs better results before the end of his wc campaign or else he may not have his contract extended.   

The performances have been encouraging but we need to learn how to finish.  Ultimately the manager will pay the price for that but we are still too early to blame him and as I said it’s not a massive drop off from micks second reign or o Neills reign after wc 2018 qualifiers in fact it’s an improvement on that.   


Edited by Baldrick - 22 Oct 2020 at 10:10pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Joined: 29 Mar 2013
Location: Co Down
Status: Offline
Points: 5523
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Dots1982 Dots1982 wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

[QUOTE=Baldrick]not going to quote murph as it becomes hard to read but you said the word show.  I am
Calling bullsh*t on that.  You don’t want a show.  

I would rather more goals and I think we need to work on our finishing but I wasn’t happy with the amount of goals under Mick either and I didn’t see where they could come from.  I see us creating at least twice the amount of chances now.  But results will dictate in the end and if we still do not have enough goals by the end of the WC qualifiers Kenny will be in trouble like any manager.  

So I am encouraged by the performances over the last 5 games.  The results have been in keeping with our results over the last 3 to 4 years so Kenny has neither dipped or improved the results.  

If we get similar results throughout the whole campaign. Draws and no wins and the odd lost I think it will be like Micks campaign and he may stay on if we draw with 1st seeds and 2nd or 3rd seeds and we are in with a shout to qualify.   If we get beaten and only draw with 2nd and 4th seeds he will be in trouble.  

I wouldn’t give Kenny a blank cheque for the next four years but I wouldn’t have qualification as the criteria to keep his job.  

So in conclusion I am not happy with our finishing and if this continues for 2 years I won’t be happy.  
[/QUOTE
 
Questions i want a simple yes or no answer to them .
 
Are you happy with the amount of goals we have scored from Kenny's 5 games , Yes or No ?
Are you happy with the Results from the last 5 games , Yes or No ?
Are you happy to continue with Kenny no matter what the results are for the next 2 to 4 years , Yes or No ?
 
 
All i asked for was YES or No answers , you should get into politics Big smile

Anyone who thinks analyzing a manager by binary Yes/No answers like that when an entire outdated mindset is being changed is a dunce.

We have sh*t players when it comes to winning matches, we probably have hopefully a decent manager but who knows if he’ll get eaten up by the poison in the Irish job that has existed for the past 15 or so years.

This is a minimum 2 year project.

Tbf Murph has made an absolute idiot out of himself the past few weeks, his views on football are outdated! Understandable considering the football club he follows. 
Back to Top
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Avatar
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Joined: 16 Apr 2009
Location: Tibet
Status: Offline
Points: 13114
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 10:29am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Dots1982 Dots1982 wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

[QUOTE=Baldrick]not going to quote murph as it becomes hard to read but you said the word show.  I am
Calling bullsh*t on that.  You don’t want a show.  

I would rather more goals and I think we need to work on our finishing but I wasn’t happy with the amount of goals under Mick either and I didn’t see where they could come from.  I see us creating at least twice the amount of chances now.  But results will dictate in the end and if we still do not have enough goals by the end of the WC qualifiers Kenny will be in trouble like any manager.  

So I am encouraged by the performances over the last 5 games.  The results have been in keeping with our results over the last 3 to 4 years so Kenny has neither dipped or improved the results.  

If we get similar results throughout the whole campaign. Draws and no wins and the odd lost I think it will be like Micks campaign and he may stay on if we draw with 1st seeds and 2nd or 3rd seeds and we are in with a shout to qualify.   If we get beaten and only draw with 2nd and 4th seeds he will be in trouble.  

I wouldn’t give Kenny a blank cheque for the next four years but I wouldn’t have qualification as the criteria to keep his job.  

So in conclusion I am not happy with our finishing and if this continues for 2 years I won’t be happy.  
[/QUOTE
 
Questions i want a simple yes or no answer to them .
 
Are you happy with the amount of goals we have scored from Kenny's 5 games , Yes or No ?
Are you happy with the Results from the last 5 games , Yes or No ?
Are you happy to continue with Kenny no matter what the results are for the next 2 to 4 years , Yes or No ?
 
 
All i asked for was YES or No answers , you should get into politics Big smile

Anyone who thinks analyzing a manager by binary Yes/No answers like that when an entire outdated mindset is being changed is a dunce.

We have sh*t players when it comes to winning matches, we probably have hopefully a decent manager but who knows if he’ll get eaten up by the poison in the Irish job that has existed for the past 15 or so years.

This is a minimum 2 year project.

Tbf Murph has made an absolute idiot out of himself the past few weeks, his views on football are outdated! Understandable considering the football club he follows. 
Fishing again Bren LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Back to Top
engpad View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la


Joined: 03 Oct 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 505
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 2:26pm
Anyone know when the squad is named for this round of games? 
Back to Top
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Joined: 03 Feb 2008
Location: Ath Cliath
Status: Offline
Points: 35733
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 2:30pm
Next Monday I'd say

Edited by Denis Irwin - 26 Oct 2020 at 2:30pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Back to Top
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 21 Feb 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 1376
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 10:00pm
It's a bit worrying the lack of game time for some players (none in some cases) to a lot of so-so (to sh!te) form from those who are playing. Been no stand out players at all since the break.
Back to Top
Left foot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 16 Aug 2019
Location: London
Status: Offline
Points: 1854
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 10:05pm
Agreed Banjaxed, I can't remember it ever being this bad...

I think someone mentioned it before but we may need 2 years to see the benefit of the young players coming through.

Molumby, knight, parrott, idah, Collins, connolly, smallbone  etc will a need a couple of years to establish themselves 
Back to Top
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 21 Feb 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 1376
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 10:17pm
We've all been guilty of it, but must admit this time last year to think that Idah, Connolly, Parrott, and Obefemi would only have 2 goals between them at this stage. Add to that, not one of them looks like they are about to take off any time soon. Harsh lesson in youth.


Back to Top
Left foot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 16 Aug 2019
Location: London
Status: Offline
Points: 1854
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 7:30pm
Ireland 11 based on getting minutes for their respective club teams at the moment.

                  Bazunu

Doherty  K.Long Egan Stevens 

      Hendrick knight Browne 

    Robinson Maguire Mcclean 


Back to Top
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 21 Feb 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 1376
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Ireland 11 based on getting minutes for their respective club teams at the moment.

                  Bazunu

Doherty  K.Long Egan Stevens 

      Hendrick knight Browne 

    Robinson Maguire Mcclean 


 

Again the lack of creativity in midfield/attacking 6 is the same old story.
Back to Top
Left foot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 16 Aug 2019
Location: London
Status: Offline
Points: 1854
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 8:03pm
I think it was mentioned that the squad will be announced on Monday, I can't imagine there'll be any surprises and you could probably copy and paste Kenny's first squad announcement.

Not sure if mccarthy or Coleman are in contention due to injury
Back to Top
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 21 Feb 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 1376
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I think it was mentioned that the squad will be announced on Monday, I can't imagine there'll be any surprises and you could probably copy and paste Kenny's first squad announcement.

Not sure if mccarthy or Coleman are in contention due to injury

Didn't Uefa mention something about picking larger squad to factor in Covid issues.. 

That aside, I'd agree. There hasn't been any outstanding player (who wasn't called up last month), so probably a copy and paste plus few extra if following Uefa advice. 
Back to Top
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 02 Dec 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 1271
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 6:30pm
Whens the squad announcement ?
Back to Top
Fozz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Avatar

Joined: 08 Oct 2019
Location: Dublin
Status: Offline
Points: 556
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Whens the squad announcement ?

Thursday.
Back to Top
Left foot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 16 Aug 2019
Location: London
Status: Offline
Points: 1854
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 7:24pm

Might need to lower the expectation going into the next three games. A lot of our key players are finding it very difficult at the moment 

Key players that can't get game time due to injury or selection.- 
Hourihane, Molumby, Shane Long, Brady, idah, mccarthy, mccgoldrick, Coleman, Randolph.

Some people might not worry about club form on here but players not playing regularly is a serious issue.

I'd predict 2 losses and a draw over the three games 


Edited by Left foot - 01 Nov 2020 at 7:25pm
Back to Top
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I love Vulvas

Joined: 09 Aug 2011
Location: Dublin
Status: Offline
Points: 22248
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:


Might need to lower the expectation going into the next three games. A lot of our key players are finding it very difficult at the moment 

Key players that can't get game time due to injury or selection.- 
Hourihane, Molumby, Shane Long, Brady, idah, mccarthy, mccgoldrick, Coleman, Randolph.

Some people might not worry about club form on here but players not playing regularly is a serious issue.

I'd predict 2 losses and a draw over the three games 

Well that's a very defeatist attitude Dougal. 
"I'm Louis Theroux. I'm Louis Theroux and his wry smile at the orgy"
Back to Top
Englishborn View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Britishborn

Joined: 08 Nov 2019
Location: England
Status: Offline
Points: 64
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:


Might need to lower the expectation going into the next three games. A lot of our key players are finding it very difficult at the moment 

Key players that can't get game time due to injury or selection.- 
Hourihane, Molumby, Shane Long, Brady, idah, mccarthy, mccgoldrick, Coleman, Randolph.

Some people might not worry about club form on here but players not playing regularly is a serious issue.

I'd predict 2 losses and a draw over the three games 

Well that's a very defeatist attitude Dougal. 

Feck off ted ya big bollocks
Back to Top
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
Born n bred in darndale.

Joined: 03 Feb 2010
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 29976
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:


Might need to lower the expectation going into the next three games. A lot of our key players are finding it very difficult at the moment 

Key players that can't get game time due to injury or selection.- 
Hourihane, Molumby, Shane Long, Brady, idah, mccarthy, mccgoldrick, Coleman, Randolph.

Some people might not worry about club form on here but players not playing regularly is a serious issue.

I'd predict 2 losses and a draw over the three games 




Long, Coleman and Molumby are not key players under Kenny.

(Molumby will be eventually)

     
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 67>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.