Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57600
Printed Date: 18 Apr 2024 at 1:10am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: England Friendly - Nov 12th Wembley
Posted By: lassassinblanc
Subject: England Friendly - Nov 12th Wembley
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:16pm
As predicted New Zealand have cancelled their friendly with England in November.

I know their was a gentleman's agreement between the losing playoff semi finalists but due to Covid travelling to Bosnia for a meaningless friendly that no team really wants to play.

Do people think we should step in to the void left by New Zealand to have an extra game for Kenny to work with the team.

I'll also point out that I do know that it probably wouldn't be a good game for World Rankings as we'd most likely lose.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54535478" rel="nofollow - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54535478

Replies:
Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

As predicted New Zealand have cancelled their friendly with England in November.

I know their was a gentleman's agreement between the losing playoff semi finalists but due to Covid travelling to Bosnia for a meaningless friendly that no team really wants to play.

Do people think we should step in to the void left by New Zealand to have an extra game for Kenny to work with the team.

I'll also point out that I do know that it probably wouldn't be a good game for World Rankings as we'd most likely lose.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54535478" rel="nofollow - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54535478

Was just thinking that. Would suit SK. Cuts down on the travel as the Cardiff game is first

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:24pm
Playing friendlies right now is just irresponsible. The Nations League still going ahead is madness as it is.

Therefore,  I expect it announced tomorrow. 

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:29pm
I think the fallout from this international break for the weekend games will decide if England even try push for another game. 
The amount of players going to be out this weekend because of covid and travel impacts will be quite high and can see managers going ape sh*t

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I think the fallout from this international break for the weekend games will decide if England even try push for another game. 
The amount of players going to be out this weekend because of covid and travel impacts will be quite high and can see managers going ape sh*t

Clubs can't have the end of Internationals and still have European football. 

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Clubs can't have the end of Internationals and still have European football. 

True enough, they will argue they have their own bubble though and international football,people are coming in from all over. 

Even if international breaks are still going ahead, I can see the clubs putting a lot of pressure on their players not to travel. 

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 1:36pm
https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/potential-wembley-date-for-ireland-as-new-zealand-pull-out-of-november-england-clash-39623765.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/potential-wembley-date-for-ireland-as-new-zealand-pull-out-of-november-england-clash-39623765.html

Looks like it is being discussed 

Edit not sure why link isn't working

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 3:00pm
Getting beat out the door by Grelish, Rice and the chaps is a fitting way to end 2020

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Posted By: sausy
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 3:06pm
0-0 get on it early.

-------------
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Getting beat out the door by Grelish, Rice and the chaps is a fitting way to end 2020

Relish, rice and chops

Homer Simpson Drool GIFs | Tenor

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 3:08pm
Glassman has just put 1000 pounds on an EIRE victory

-------------

Posted By: Green Man
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 3:24pm
This would be such a stupid idea on several levels. We would be battered, and also it would affect our coefficient. Wouldn't even be fans at it. Why would we agree to this?

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Relish, rice and chops

LOL

-------------

Posted By: Drumcondra 69er
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 3:26pm
Purely speculation, nothing in it yet. 

-------------
Blog: http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/afalsefirstxi/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 3:26pm

Relish, rice and chops

LOL

LOL

Posted By: savo01
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 3:45pm
Play it and break a few legs.  Keane, Grealish, Rice, Kane and Maddison.  Yes i'm narrow minded and bitter but what odds!  

-------------
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go

Posted By: Bham_McDermott
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 3:59pm

Relish, rice and chops

Never lets us down LOL

-------------
I don't agree with THAT, in the workplace!

Posted By: Jimmy Raggatip
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 4:14pm
I thought we were obliged to play Bosnia? has that been scrapped

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

I thought we were obliged to play Bosnia? has that been scrapped

Yes, we are and no, it hasn't. Doesn't mean it won't be but there's nothing in it yet. 

-------------
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/afalsefirstxi/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 5:10pm
Are Oman not free? Smile

Sorry, but someone was bound to...LOL

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: Healy52003
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 5:39pm
What's the betting Rice and Grealish will be out of the England squad through an imaginary injury 

We could easily be beat out the gate 

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

What's the betting Rice and Grealish will be out of the England squad through an imaginary injury 

We could easily be beat out the gate 

Imaginary injury for an imaginary game 

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 7:14pm
Need to avoid this imo. We could get a good beating.

For confidence we should be playing the rock etc and try and get a few goals 

-------------

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 8:27pm
Would rather play Bosnia in a dead rubber but not England going into a vital away game against Wales. 

With the amount of pressure he's already under, Kenny needs the England friendly like a hole in the head. 

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 8:37pm
We would have a chance beating England if they started Maguire, Walker and Pickford.

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

We would have a chance beating England if they started Maguire, Walker and Pickford.

Another defect!!? 

-------------

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 8:46pm
Surely a few proper days on the training pitch and getting extra time to work with the players would be more beneficial than playing a game? It’s been a pretty hectic start to his reign

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Posted By: Dalymount79
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Surely a few proper days on the training pitch and getting extra time to work with the players would be more beneficial than playing a game? It’s been a pretty hectic start to his reign
agree 100%. Let Wales play the again.

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 8:58pm

True it would be a good time to work with his team in that sense 

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 9:09pm

Would agree but they have to play a friendly as far as I know. Willing to be corrected 

-------------

Posted By: Dalymount79
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 9:18pm

Would agree but they have to play a friendly as far as I know. Willing to be corrected 
if that’s that a home game i hope it would be - October we’ve had away, home, away. Same again in November and the players will be boll***d by the time Bulgaria game comes around if we had to go to Bosnia ..and throw in the Covid risks. England would be the best away fixture possible considering travel etc.

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

if that’s that a home game i hope it would be - October we’ve had away, home, away. Same again in November and the players will be boll***d by the time Bulgaria game comes around if we had to go to Bosnia ..and throw in the Covid. England would be the best away fixture possible considering travel etc.

Away to Bosnia thanks to UEFA supposedly but not 100% confirmed. England would be much better if we have to play especially given we're in Cardiff first. Would allow SK to base themselves in England for the few days.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 9:23pm

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Another defect!!? 
That's one defector they're more than welcome to. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 9:33pm

Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

if that’s that a home game i hope it would be - October we’ve had away, home, away. Same again in November and the players will be boll***d by the time Bulgaria game comes around if we had to go to Bosnia ..and throw in the Covid. England would be the best away fixture possible considering travel etc.

Away to Bosnia thanks to UEFA supposedly but not 100% confirmed. England would be much better if we have to play especially given we're in Cardiff first. Would allow SK to base themselves in England for the few days.

That's what I was thinking if we could base ourselves in say Bristol would avoid flights to and fro then back to Dublin for Bulgaria.

As the independent article suggests I'd imagine an alternative date with Bosnia could be negotiated.

I was thinking they could play Kosovo but I think they aren't allowed to play for political reasons. 

Posted By: essharte
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 10:21pm
All week people have been talking about getting seeding for the world cup. 
But now you want to lose to England? Are you mad? Losing to England unnecessarily could ruin our chances.

After tonights results we are the 20th UEFA ranked team. 
We are just hanging on 2nd seeds despite losing.

Losing to England in a friendly next game would cost us 3.16 points.
It's way too tight for that.

Posted By: EdisonCavani
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 10:50pm
We need to win a match. Bosnia over England at the moment unfortunately. We have no chance against England or any of the teams in tier 1 of the Nations League at the moment. Take on someone at our level and try and win. 

Posted By: ripbomb
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by EdisonCavani EdisonCavani wrote:

We need to win a match. Bosnia over England at the moment unfortunately. We have no chance against England or any of the teams in tier 1 of the Nations League at the moment. Take on someone at our level and try and win. 
We need to play someone below our level....a league C team  perhaps. Incidentally does anyone think someone in the FAI is actually aware  how this thing works and playing England would be a disaster?

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by essharte essharte wrote:

But now you want to lose to England? Are you mad? Losing to England unnecessarily could ruin our chances.

How much would we gain from a draw though 

Posted By: Green Man
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 11:10pm
When you look at that post about WC seeding this would be even worse.  f**k the travel, getting humiliated by England would be an absolute disaster.  

Posted By: essharte
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 11:34pm

Originally posted by essharte essharte wrote:

How much would we gain from a draw though 

A win is +6.84, draw is +1.84, loss is -3.16

If we play Bosnia instead
A win is +4.58, draw is +0.42, loss is -5.42

Since the rankings don't factor in whether the game is home or away, we should just arrange a winnable game with anyone at home. A win against Oman would be +3.47

Posted By: EdisonCavani
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

Originally posted by EdisonCavani EdisonCavani wrote:

We need to play someone below our level....a league C team  perhaps. Incidentally does anyone think someone in the FAI is actually aware  how this thing works and playing England would be a disaster?
I’m sure they do but if there was more money on offer from UEFA from the TV pot for a match against England rather than one against Bosnia we all know what they will do. 

Posted By: ErsatzThistle
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 12:07am
When you are in a sticky spot never play stronger nations in friendly matches..

A couple of years ago the SFA thought it would be clever to play Belgium and Portugal when we were going through indifferent form. We got hammered in both games and it hurt our rankings. We were stupid to play those games.

Anyhow, if you do play England I would love it, just love it, if YBIG did manage to sneak a 1-0 win Thumbs Up

Posted By: rolo
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 4:59pm
I really hope the FAI have some idea about the rankings and don't arrange a friendly against England, or anybody half decent for that matter.

-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 6:40pm
They’d have to..... surely?

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 6:48pm
Even without fans I’m assuming this would be a good move financially.... therefore I can’t see the FAI turning it down if offered.

In reality we need to be playing a team we can beat who have a decent ranking.

-------------

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 6:52pm

Relish, rice and chops

I just have to say, I think you're great.

Posted By: garretjoseph
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 7:23pm
I have no issue with this. 

Play them. We might not win but we’re not getting hammered 5-0/6-0 by these jokers. I’m not afraid of them and I would say that our lads would relish this match against England. It’s what we need IMO. 

Date Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 7:27pm
Nobody relishes an international friendly against anybody, except the criminally insane. 

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Pgc1916
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 9:09pm
English papers are saying the FA are trying to get Australia to step in for New Zealand 

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 9:35pm
Kerr was the only Irish Manager of recent years who took this into account. 

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Date Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 9:51pm
Lads, this is all just speculation, there's no plans being made or discussed at the moment. 

-------------

Posted By: Cymro
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

When you are in a sticky spot never play stronger nations in friendly matches..

A couple of years ago the SFA thought it would be clever to play Belgium and Portugal when we were going through indifferent form. We got hammered in both games and it hurt our rankings. We were stupid to play those games.

Anyhow, if you do play England I would love it, just love it, if YBIG did manage to sneak a 1-0 win Thumbs Up

Scotland should play England, that'll sort out that unbeaten record, ask Giggs LOL

Posted By: Englishborn
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by garretjoseph garretjoseph wrote:

Play them. We might not win but we’re not getting hammered 5-0/6-0 by these jokers. I’m not afraid of them and I would say that our lads would relish this match against England. It’s what we need IMO. 
You don't think England could hammer you? We've slaughtered teams on your level such as Czech Republic Bulgaria Montenegro.  If it was at Wembley it would probably be a 4 or 5-0 scoreline 

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 12:26pm
When did England last beat Ireland never mind hammer them??

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Englishborn Englishborn wrote:

Originally posted by garretjoseph garretjoseph wrote:

You don't think England could hammer you? We've slaughtered teams on your level such as Czech Republic Bulgaria Montenegro.  If it was at Wembley it would probably be a 4 or 5-0 scoreline 
Probably - if you play Messrs Maguire and Pickford. LOLWink

-------------

Posted By: JoxerDaly
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 12:40pm
Going by the match against Denmark England wont be hammering anyone 5 or 6 nil, woefull, started with 6 defenders on the pitch. 

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

When did England last beat Ireland never mind hammer them??

Was it 1987 1-2 under Jack ?

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 12:44pm
1985 under Eoin Hand.

Posted By: Neil Armstrong
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 1:06pm
Games won 2 (1949 and 1988Thumbs Up)

Games Lost 5 (Last being 1985 as above, a Friendly)

Games Drawn 9 (Our last 6 matches against them drawn)

I think the FW was at the 1978 encounter? a European game that ended in a one all draw.

the International Friendly in 1995 that was abandoned when we were 1-0 up was declared a 0-0 draw on the record books afaik

-------------
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 1:14pm
In a training game,  0-0 is the most probable scoreline. They should beat us comfortably in a proper match.

-------------

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 2:11pm
As I said in the Kenny thread in their most recent game at home to Denmark they played five defenders and two holding midfielders - I would imagine due to the lack of faith Southgate has in his defence and goalkeeper. They would likely beat us but I really don't think it would be any kind of hammering.

In any event it's a fixture we could do without at the moment. Be better off playing a team around or below our level at home.

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Going by the match against Denmark England wont be hammering anyone 5 or 6 nil, woefull, started with 6 defenders on the pitch. 
That's dumbass southgate 

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 3:00pm

Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

That's dumbass southgate 

Will he not be in charge if they play Ireland or what?

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:03pm
https://twitter.com/FAIreland/status/1318869516282187777?s=19" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/FAIreland/status/1318869516282187777?s=19

Confirmed this will go ahead 

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:03pm

https://twitter.com/FAIreland/status/1318869516282187777?s=19" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/FAIreland/status/1318869516282187777?s=19

f**king farcical call when we're dangling between pot two and three

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:05pm
f**k sake.  We will get a hiding and drop into pot 3. 

-------------

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

f**king farcical call when we're dangling between pot two and three

I suppose the money for this was too good to turn down. 

Posted By: Gabrieléire
absolutely ridiculous, could have a very negative effect on our World Cup seeding. Plus, no need whatsoever for a friendly during a pandemic.  

-------------
“I managed to stay alive for 63 and a half years, baby”

Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:06pm
Stupidity. What's the point in this? Money obviously but it would have been more beneficial to be in pot 2.
Same same, but different. 

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Posted By: wanderer
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:06pm

Absolutely bonkers decsion with the world Cup draw on the horizon.

Would presume the FA offered them a decent pay day for it and its handy for Cardiff a few days later but surely they're aware of the potential impact on rankings 

Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

absolutely ridiculous, could have a very negative effect on our World Cup seeding. Plus, no need whatsoever for a friendly during a pandemic.  

Because of rankings we still have to play a match that day, we can't just sit it out.
But out of all teams, especially when we're trying to pick up ranking points.

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:10pm
This could end up 4 or 5-0 too.  It's now much more important than the Wales game.  Rice and Grealish on the teamsheet to round off a great 2020.

-------------

Posted By: Gabrieléire
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

Because of rankings we still have to play a match that day, we can't just sit it out.
But out of all teams, especially when we're trying to pick up ranking points.

Fair enough didn’t realise that cheers! Why England tho, they will destroy us. I would have took Oman ffs! 

-------------
“I managed to stay alive for 63 and a half years, baby”

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:13pm
Rice and Grealish in a heap with only 5 minutes gone. 

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:14pm

This could end up 4 or 5-0 too.  It's now much more important than the Wales game.  Rice and Grealish on the teamsheet to round off a great 2020.

One of them two are almost a cert to score, you just know it 

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:15pm
I can fully understand why but disagree with what some of what's being said here. Going to all the way to Sarajevo for a friendly in the current climate would have been madness given our two games are in Dublin and Cardiff would have been needless travel.

-------------

Posted By: DublinScouse1916
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:16pm

f**k sake.  We will get a hiding and drop into pot 3. 

Where we belong

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:17pm
Typical Fai really looking for a quick bit of money for the friendly when they should be thinking long term, getting 2nd seeds and improving our chances of qualifying for World Cup.

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:17pm

I can fully understand why but disagree with what some of what's being said here. Going to all the way to Sarajevo for a friendly in the current climate would have been madness given our two games are in Dublin and Cardiff would have been needless travel.

Could we have just not played? Was that an option? What were Omam up to that week?

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:20pm

Could we have just not played? Was that an option? What were Omam up to that week?

Have to play as far as I know.

-------------

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:22pm
There goes the proud 35 years unbeaten record

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:27pm
Right in the middle of poppyfest 2020 too

Posted By: Jimmy Raggatip
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:28pm
what money is even available for a behind closed doors friendly? surely the TV money is the same whatever

Posted By: sausy
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:29pm

Ignoring the ranking points I'm looking forward to this. Nothing else to look forward to during lockdown.

-------------
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Ignoring the ranking points I'm looking forward to this. Nothing else to look forward to during lockdown.

Clap

Would have felt very indifferent if we had to play Bosnia.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:31pm

Will you be saying that after a 4-0 loss and the anti Kenny brigade out in force? Then we have pot 3 to look forward to in December.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:33pm
Get the feeling there's some on here who'd love us to get tanked. 

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:35pm
great friendly. Happy to play Ireland.  What will be ur take if grealish scores though knowing southgate he won't even be in the squad. Doubt kane or rice or the likes of rashford will play 

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:37pm

great friendly. Happy to play Ireland.  What will be ur take if grealish scores though knowing southgate he won't even be in the squad. Doubt kane or rice or the likes of rashford will play 
It would b g8 2 c, m8!

-------------

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:38pm
yeah don’t get the pessimism you would swear England were Spain 2008 to 2012.   Most likely result is they win by one or a draw in my view.  

Looking forward to it but rankings are a concern I suppose but money probably overrides that concern.  Don’t fancy the Swiss in pot 2 or Germany if they drop into it. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Probably won't happen but of course you never know but what impact on the rankings would an Ireland win or a draw have on our ranking? 

Posted By: Dots1982
operation keep the score down

Clap

Would have felt very indifferent if we had to play Bosnia.
I don't understand how training against Engand is different to training against anybody else, apart from the rankings. It's absolutely stupid that FIFA expect training matches to take place, even by their standards.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

yeah don’t get the pessimism you would swear England were Spain 2008 to 2012.   Most likely result is they win by one or a draw in my view.  

Looking forward to it but rankings are a concern I suppose but money probably overrides that concern.  Don’t fancy the Swiss in pot 2 or Germany if they drop into it. 

Correct. 

-------------

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:41pm
We haven't lost to them since 1985. Lucky Steo will soon put an end to that record..

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:41pm

Probably won't happen but of course you never know but what impact on the rankings would an Ireland win or a draw have on our ranking? 
From world ranking thread 

Great Confused a win is worth 6.84, a draw 1.84 and a loss -3.16
To put that into perspective, a win against Luxembourg would have given us 3

Posted By: E2016
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:42pm
I dont care how we play, even if we have 1 percent possession as long as we dont lose. 35 years, better not be broken here.

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:44pm
Ah the Rovers fans sharpening their knives already I see. 

-------------

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:45pm

Ah the Rovers fans sharpening their knives already I see. 

Yeah it’s so obvious.  They really are some
shower.  Freewheeler and Gerk obvious exceptions. SmileLOL

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

We haven't lost to them since 1985. Lucky Steo will soon put an end to that record..

Unlucky Stephen won't be looking forward tot his game.

Knowing my luck the whole team will come down with scabies.
''Bugger''

The Fast Show - Unlucky Alf 3 Bus stop - YouTube

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net