You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

England Away - UNL - 17th November 2024

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 10:33pm
For those yet to book flights - Ryanair and Easyjet are still to start selling flights for November (both airlines only have flights available up to late October. So more options still to come.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sponsored Links

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

For those yet to book flights - Ryanair and Easyjet are still to start selling flights for November (both airlines only have flights available up to late October. So more options still to come.

Ryanair flights to London for November are already bookable. They increased the prices this morning after the fixtures 

Edited by wanderer - 09 Feb 2024 at 10:43pm
CantonasCat View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CantonasCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by CantonasCat CantonasCat wrote:

Originally posted by Fatnacho Fatnacho wrote:

Took a gamble and booked a flight back from Heathrow at 21.15. Any chance of getting there on time with public transport or is it an Uber job?

Aye, I might book that one myself - was gonna book the Standstead flight home which goes at 10pm, but think that could potentially be madness; a later departure but far enough way to risk being delayed en route Shocked

Stansted is 50 mins from Liverpool Street which is probdbly 1 hour at best from Wembley 

5pm ko 
730 leave ground 
830 livetpool street 
10.00 stansted airport 

Ok, actually sounds tempting enough when you put it like that 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 11:14pm

Took a gamble and booked a flight back from Heathrow at 21.15. Any chance of getting there on time with public transport or is it an Uber job?

Aye, I might book that one myself - was gonna book the Standstead flight home which goes at 10pm, but think that could potentially be madness; a later departure but far enough way to risk being delayed en route Shocked

Stansted is 50 mins from Liverpool Street which is probdbly 1 hour at best from Wembley 

5pm ko 
730 leave ground 
830 livetpool street 
10.00 stansted airport 

If you get to the airport at 10 your flight at best needs to 1045 max - not sure there is a flight that tine

Edited by Newryrep - 09 Feb 2024 at 11:16pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
CantonasCat View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CantonasCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 11:26pm

5pm ko 
730 leave ground 
830 livetpool street 
10.00 stansted airport 

If you get to the airport at 10 your flight at best needs to 1045 max - not sure there is a flight that tine

Flight leaves at ten. Last one I think.   Assuming gate closes 9.30ish, you’d wanna be there around 9.15 to get thru security etc -   45 mins before hand as you say!  👍.  
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 11:27pm
Got Luton morning of.match and back next evening for 60.

Staying in the Wembley International 
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 12:09am
Ya will get the flights for half the price in and around August, September...
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 1:11am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Ryanair flights to London for November are already bookable. They increased the prices this morning after the fixtures 
Yeah, just seen that on their website but unavailable on the app. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 1:39am

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Yeah, just seen that on their website but unavailable on the app. 
Looks good to me both ways

BA still seem to be the cheapest at the moment 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 10:07am
mad imo booking back that night. If you have baggage you won't get it in and we'll have to store outside the ground which is a bit of hassle. Don't think you'd get much enjoyment of the match either thinking of rushing about either. It's not as if you will defo get a clear run either as there will be 90k people leaving at the one time. Good luck anyone who tries thoughLOL
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 11:27am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

mad imo booking back that night. If you have baggage you won't get it in and we'll have to store outside the ground which is a bit of hassle. Don't think you'd get much enjoyment of the match either thinking of rushing about either. It's not as if you will defo get a clear run either as there will be 90k people leaving at the one time. Good luck anyone who tries thoughLOL
I certainly wouldn't be chancing anything like that either.

As you say, just book a hotel for the night and relax - well, as much as you can relax watching Ireland. LOL
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 11:43am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Ya will get the flights for half the price in and around August, September...

But the game is on in November Wink
AKA pedantic kunt
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 11:57am
Leaving Wembley after games is a nightmare. You queue all the way down Wembley way for the underground and is a very long process. Wouldn't want to be rushing to get a flight.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Leaving Wembley after games is a nightmare. You queue all the way down Wembley way for the underground and is a very long process. Wouldn't want to be rushing to get a flight.
Thats why I’m staying beside the stadium, not sure why anyone would be bustling into central London on a Sunday night
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 12:01pm
What’s the patriot pub like lads.  Looks like a right sheebeen pub 
AKA pedantic kunt
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 12:11pm
News reports the game to be played in Manchester.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

News reports the game to be played in Manchester.
No there isn't . If I were you I'd double check the twitter page that posted that yesterday 

Edited by wanderer - 10 Feb 2024 at 12:33pm
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

If really don't want to book a hotel the night of the game booked 1st flight home and spend the couple hours in the airport not ideal but definitely less stressful thsn trying to catch a flight after the game was a nightmare getting the tube back in after the friendly in 2013 (and that was nothing to do with the prematch activities in Kingsbury LOL)

Edited by ringerbell - 10 Feb 2024 at 7:32pm
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic