You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

England Away - UNL - 17th November 2024

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Originally posted by Fatnacho Fatnacho wrote:

Took a gamble and booked a flight back from Heathrow at 21.15. Any chance of getting there on time with public transport or is it an Uber job?

Match kicks off at 7.45pm? You won't even be able to watch the kick off if you want to make that flight LOL
5pm bruv

That’s the home game.  Game in London is 7.45
AKA pedantic kunt
Sponsored Links

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Took a gamble and booked a flight back from Heathrow at 21.15. Any chance of getting there on time with public transport or is it an Uber job?

Match kicks off at 7.45pm? You won't even be able to watch the kick off if you want to make that flight LOL
5pm bruv

Nope, everyone is posting the Dan McDonnell tweet with kick off times which is wrong, fixture list from uefa has 5pm and confirmed by the fai
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 3:54pm
Fair play.  My error so.  

By the way for flights lads should check out BA to Heathrow some reasonable prices there compared to Ryanair and AL.  Heathrow is also closest airport to Wembley. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

5pm bruv

Nope, everyone is posting the Dan McDonnell tweet with kick off times which is wrong, fixture list from uefa has 5pm and confirmed by the fai

Ah good to know - I was going off the tweet from Dan
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Load of us stayed in Watford the last time. Was good fun and easy to get to Wembley.

late drinking is always a problem in London in general.

Was over for a weekend before Xmas. Staying around St Pauls. Went to a pub the Rising Sun on the Fri night, was absolutely buzzing. Ventured back there on the Sat night only to find it closed. Bar man at another pub near by said a lot of places didnt open at the weekend was just the office workers Mon-Fri they relied on. Was shocked at that. 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 4:55pm

Fair play.  My error so.  

By the way for flights lads should check out BA to Heathrow some reasonable prices there compared to Ryanair and AL.  Heathrow is also closest airport to Wembley. 
Apology accepted 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 5:11pm
Can you get from Heathrow to Wembley easily?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Load of us stayed in Watford the last time. Was good fun and easy to get to Wembley.

late drinking is always a problem in London in general.

Was over for a weekend before Xmas. Staying around St Pauls. Went to a pub the Rising Sun on the Fri night, was absolutely buzzing. Ventured back there on the Sat night only to find it closed. Bar man at another pub near by said a lot of places didnt open at the weekend was just the office workers Mon-Fri they relied on. Was shocked at that. 
You really only get that in the City of London Financial district which is close to St Paul's 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Bu public transport you can get the Elizabeth line to Paddington, Change to the tube from there to Baker street and then there for Wembley. That should take about an hour. 

lukesmyth9 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukesmyth9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 6:55pm
BA from Dublin to Heathrow looks to be the option, staying in cricklewood also! Avoided London until the ripe age of 24
CantonasCat View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CantonasCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 8:07pm

Aye, I might book that one myself - was gonna book the Standstead flight home which goes at 10pm, but think that could potentially be madness; a later departure but far enough way to risk being delayed en route Shocked
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 8:11pm
What if they hold us in after the game?
DG80 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Bu public transport you can get the Elizabeth line to Paddington, Change to the tube from there to Baker street and then there for Wembley. That should take about an hour. 

could you just get off at paddington and get the bakerloo line?

Whats the best station to get out at? wembley park/north wembley/wembley central?
cup champions
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 9:01pm
Might do this one as well. Less of a disaster if I don't get tickets. Anyways its easier than getting to Dublin for a home game LOL
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by DG80 DG80 wrote:

Whats the best station to get out at? wembley park/north wembley/wembley central?
Wembley Park is closest 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by DG80 DG80 wrote:

To be honest, you'd be quicker getting the Bakerloo to Baker Street then the Metropolitan to Wembley Park. That's the closest stop to the station. Wembley Central around 20 minutes walk from the ground. 
CantonasCat View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CantonasCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah wrote:

What if they hold us in after the game?

Yeah… the pressure will definitely be on then! LOL
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by CantonasCat CantonasCat wrote:

Aye, I might book that one myself - was gonna book the Standstead flight home which goes at 10pm, but think that could potentially be madness; a later departure but far enough way to risk being delayed en route Shocked

Stansted is 50 mins from Liverpool Street which is probdbly 1 hour at best from Wembley 

5pm ko 
730 leave ground 
830 livetpool street 
10.00 stansted airport 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic