You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

England Away - UNL - 17th November 2024

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: England Away - UNL - 17th November 2024
    Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 12:16pm
Booked into the Ibis near Wembley stadium - only £70 for the night and no need for me to queue with the hordes for the Tube after the match. Cool
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sponsored Links

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 12:31pm
Booked the Novotel Wembley. 700 metres from the stadium. Flight with BA Dublin to Heathrow were very reasonable also. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 12:32pm
Belfast to Heathrow flights sorted Sat - Mon. Get some lower league footie in too on the Sat
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 12:59pm
As someone who has somehow avoided London for the last 28 years of my life, any recommendations for areas to stay? Looking to make a long weekend of it Fri to Mon
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 1:07pm
The crowds getting on to the tube queue really quickly after the game so I wouldn't let that put you off.
If it was me and I was looking for late pints then I'd be heading back into London. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 1:09pm
Any suggestions on accommodation or areas that would be best to base in ?

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

My suggestion would be somewhere central. Kings Cross, Euston, even towards. From Baker Street you are at Wembley stadium in around 15 mins on the tube. Plenty of spots central for late pints if that's what you are after. Most bars by Wembley would be closed by midnight.
zero View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 1:13pm
Is it definitely wembley? I wonder if they might not move the venue around for NL games.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

My suggestion would be somewhere central. Kings Cross, Euston, even towards. From Baker Street you are at Wembley stadium in around 15 mins on the tube. Plenty of spots central for late pints if that's what you are after. Most bars by Wembley would be closed by midnight.
Thumbs Up Good stuff.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by zero zero wrote:

Is it definitely wembley? I wonder if they might not move the venue around for NL games.

More than likely Wembley. Italy and Hungary games were at Molineux because they had a one game stadium ban and had to play another at reduced capacity because of what happend at the Euro 2020 final IIRC. I'd be suprised if they moved us elsewhere given this one is the only one that would be the most likely to sell out in the group. Finland and Greece more likely to be moved elsewhere

Edited by Denis Irwin - 09 Feb 2024 at 1:22pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by zero zero wrote:

They've only moved when Wembley was booked for a gig and when uefa punished them.

It'll be in Wembley 
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 1:34pm
Load of us stayed in Watford the last time. Was good fun and easy to get to Wembley.

late drinking is always a problem in London in general.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Fatnacho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatnacho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 1:49pm
Took a gamble and booked a flight back from Heathrow at 21.15. Any chance of getting there on time with public transport or is it an Uber job?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Load of us stayed in Watford the last time. Was good fun and easy to get to Wembley.

late drinking is always a problem in London in general.
24 hour drinking in central London if you know where to go!!
DublinScouse1916 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DublinScouse1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 1:51pm
Just booked this. Staying in Cricklewood/Kilburn. Used to be always good
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by DublinScouse1916 DublinScouse1916 wrote:

Just booked this. Staying in Cricklewood/Kilburn. Used to be always good
Old school 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Fatnacho Fatnacho wrote:

Took a gamble and booked a flight back from Heathrow at 21.15. Any chance of getting there on time with public transport or is it an Uber job?

Match kicks off at 7.45pm? You won't even be able to watch the kick off if you want to make that flight LOL
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Originally posted by Fatnacho Fatnacho wrote:

Match kicks off at 7.45pm? You won't even be able to watch the kick off if you want to make that flight LOL
5pm bruv
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic