You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dundalk FC Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 91>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

I see Dundalk want to expunge all results, while obviously it's self interest from dundalk I wouldn't be surprised if it was voted in. Can't really relegate teams who have started poorly when your taken away half the games and this way all clubs start from scratch and have 18 games with a level playing field 

Would be surprised if it was agreed myself. Cannot see the logic in it. The games were played, and points should stand as they are.

Neil O Riordan has a good piece in The Sun today, Dundalk would obvs prefer start again, Rovers wouldnt, Sligo would prefer no relegation, others wouldnt.

They tried up North to get clubs to come to a decision (and they only had 7 games left) and failed, so its time for FAI stand up and f**king run the league and state whats happening, The object is to piss off as little people as possible but not everyone will be happy
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
Sponsored Links

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 1:43pm

I see Dundalk want to expunge all results, while obviously it's self interest from dundalk I wouldn't be surprised if it was voted in. Can't really relegate teams who have started poorly when your taken away half the games and this way all clubs start from scratch and have 18 games with a level playing field 

Would be surprised if it was agreed myself. Cannot see the logic in it. The games were played, and points should stand as they are.

It was only if relegation was scrapped that they supposedly wanted it as half of the league would have nothing to play for

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

It was only if relegation was scrapped that they supposedly wanted it as half of the league would have nothing to play for

Still makes no sense to me. Doubt the majority of teams would vote for scrapping relegation/promotion. I know Shels don't want it scrapped anyway even though we would be one of the teams who could well end up being in a relegation battle come the end of the season
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 8:21pm
it’s a new competition effectively with a different format , Dundalk well within their rights to ask for a clean break .
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 4:33am
anyone know how much Peak6 paid for the club?
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 1:50pm
So John Delaney is working in London for a Shamrock Rovers shareholder.

No wonder they never said a thing about JD and his mates 

2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 2:22pm
And that's related do the Dundalk thread in what way exactly?

longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 11:02am
Just been reading that Burnley had a goalkeeper from Dundalk in the early 1950s named Joe McNulty. Made his debut in a 2-1 defeat v Manchester United. 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 7:48pm
just watching the steam of you v pats,  very poignant moment there , pics of Harry Taffes family, RIP and condolences to the folks up there.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 7:50pm
Vinny
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 2:36pm
tough CL draw
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 3:58pm
Yeah sh*te draw, anyone that finished ahead of Maribor will be decent, probably a false seeding.
With the way we are playing not sure it would have made much difference anyway

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 5:50pm
Slovenian side NK Celje have listed the Hungarian venue of Ujpest, just outside Budapest, as the venue for their Champions League qualifying round tie with @DundalkFC on Wednesday August 19th, 7pm kickoff. UEFA have to confirm.
Adrian Fitzmaurice Twitter. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Slovenian side NK Celje have listed the Hungarian venue of Ujpest, just outside Budapest, as the venue for their Champions League qualifying round tie with @DundalkFC on Wednesday August 19th, 7pm kickoff. UEFA have to confirm.
Adrian Fitzmaurice Twitter. 
Gives them a better chance on a neutral venue. Better make the most of it, won't be in it next season.

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 09 Aug 2020 at 7:29pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 9:38pm
it appears Vinny has been sacked

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

it appears Vinny has been sacked
To be fair it's hard to take a manager who calls himself "Vinny" seriously

Roddy Collins it is
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 10:11pm
Seems to be a coach from Man City is twitter is to be believed. 
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 10:18pm
yeah, which would indicate the decision was made sometime ago.

Things have kinda gone to sh*t since Bill Hulsizer became involved, seems like a loose cannon and too involved in the football side of things

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 91>
  Share Topic