You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dublin Airport Security Monday morning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

The difference between Dublin airport and others is phenomenal. It takes less than five minutes in other Irish airports.

Probably because people can't wait to get the fcuk out of the one in Cork

Tongue

H'up outta that.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 12:42am
Would put Dublin airport security queues as pretty average to be honest, neither the best or the worst out there. To be fair to Dublin airport, bigger queues are usually caused by the idiots Bhob referred to, take off yer belt, lose the bottle of water, yes, the laptop has to come out of the bag.

Some of the UK airports have (I dunno what they are called, but I think of them as some kind of idiot police, not police who are idiots, but people who police idiots) who come down through the top of the queue and tell people to remove belt, throw water in the bin, take laptop out of bag etc before you even get to the actual scanning area. They would be quite aggressive about it too, not exactly polite, but wouldn't really have an issue there, if people weren't so fcuking stupid, they wouldn't have to be there in the first place, and as jobs go, it must be an unbelievably frustrating one to just repeating 3 or 4 of the same questions for 8 hours a day or whatever. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 10:51am
Does anyone know if I can go through security screening in T2 on a Ryanair (T1) boarding pass?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 10:57am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Does anyone know if I can go through security screening in T2 on a Ryanair (T1) boarding pass?

Really dont think so but you can access terminal 2 from terminal 1 easily enough.

Get through security, hang a left and keep walking following the US immigration signs and passed the etihad lounges etc. you then have to turn right at the end of the corridor, take the lift to T2 departures/shopping. Job done. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 11:15am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Really dont think so but you can access terminal 2 from terminal 1 easily enough.

Get through security, hang a left and keep walking following the US immigration signs and passed the etihad lounges etc. you then have to turn right at the end of the corridor, take the lift to T2 departures/shopping. Job done. 

Cheers! Have done the walk a few times alright, just being lazyLOL

Do enjoy the average food in the Slaney bar, looking out over the planes with a pint of Chieftain.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 11:18am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Haven't tried it myself but I'd imagine that if you tried scanning the barcode on your boarding pass at the barriers that you need to pass through to get to security, it wouldn't work anyway or else one of the staff there who actually do the scanning (what an exciting job that must be LOL) would direct you to T1.

As  McG says though, once you have cleared security, you can get to T2 by turning left and following the signs for gate numbers starting with 4, it's about a 5-minute walk.  I've had to do it myself a few times but in the opposite direction for Aer Lingus flights that have had no gates available at T2.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 12:13pm

Why would you want to, is the question?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Why would you want to, is the question?

Would prefer to eat in the Slaney bar rather than Marquette, bit less hectic and enjoy sitting there watching the planes come in
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 12:35pm
Well, if you can't, sure you can go through T1 security, walk across to the Slaney, then walk back across to T1.

That'll definitely work. It will take five minutes. Whereas if you go to get in T2, and get told no, then you you have to walk across to T1, then back across to T2 to the bar, then back across to T1 for your flight (and probably Pier D). It is handier to go in T1.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 11 Oct 2018 at 12:36pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 12:36pm
Are there any bars on the landside that you can planewatch?
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 12:40pm
Ye can defo get from T2 to T1 after security. I remember when I was going to Vienna that when we went to go to the gate it turned out that even though we were flying Aer Lingus our flight was leaving from T1 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 11 Oct 2018 at 12:40pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

no
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

no

Bag of Cans on the Old airport road Wink
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 12:58pm

Well, if you can't, sure you can go through T1 security, walk across to the Slaney, then walk back across to T1.

That'll definitely work. It will take five minutes. Whereas if you go to get in T2, and get told no, then you you have to walk across to T1, then back across to T2 to the bar, then back across to T1 for your flight (and probably Pier D). It is handier to go in T1.

Think I'll just have to do that alright, I could've sworn when I worked there they said you could do it but not really worth the risk to save five mins.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 1:11pm

not like the good oul daysCry
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:00pm
LOLLOL

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:12pm

Think there's one on the Mezzanine level (the one above Departures) in Terminal 1.  Can't remember what it's called though, but I do know it's beside a restaurant called Alcock & Brown. You go down a short corridor beside it to a bar and the windows looking out onto the apron and airfield are right in front of you.  Better than standing out on a windswept road beside the runway, that's for sure. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:14pm

Think I'll just have to do that alright, I could've sworn when I worked there they said you could do it but not really worth the risk to save five mins.

If you're right, it'll save you five minutes. If you're wrong, it'll cost you ten or fifteen.

Sure if you get the bus from town, it only drops you outside T1 anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic