URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=54852
Printed Date: 01 May 2024 at 1:34am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Dublin Airport Security Monday morning
Posted By: Newryrep
Subject: Dublin Airport Security Monday morning
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 4:05pm
folks

How much time to allow going through security Dublin airport Monday morning 0900 flight ?

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Replies:
Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 4:08pm
37 mins

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 4:17pm
Should be ok from my experience at that time as it's usually a lot much busier on the earlier flights. The express pass is handy for 6€ (i think) if you have low tolerance for window lickers.

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 4:18pm
Out of all the airports I've ever been in Dublin security is one of the fastest even at it's busiest. Clap

I think a lot of the airports on the continent, people wait until the very last second to remove their belongings and get them ready. Angry

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 4:30pm
Wallet, keys, phone either in the coat pocket (winter) or inside your bag (summer).

Liquids next to ipad / laptop in the bag so they can be easily removed all at once.

Light, slip on shoes that don't need to be removed (or, if they do, it's easy).

And no belts. Unless you absolutely need one every day.

It's not *that* difficult to do it easily.

But chumps get it wrong.

Every time.

-------------

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 4:55pm
What you mean I can't bring this 1 litre bottle of water through with me?

I know the label says it's got 200mls in it but it's only half full so that's 100mls

These people drive me nuts. The changes have been in for years and still they are f**king thick as sh*t

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

I know the label says it's got 200mls in it but it's only half full so that's 100mls

These people drive me nuts. The changes have been in for years and still they are f**king thick as sh*t

ThTs why i usually pay the express or whatever you call it to avoid these morons

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 5:27pm
It is idiotic and they are annoying but they are technically correct. It is all unnecessary, you are allowed bring everything you need to bring down a plane onto a plane. I read a great article by a former head of security at Ben Gurion airport highlighting how bad the TSA were in America and the layers of unnecessary security. I am no fan of the Israelis butthis is one area they appear to have down to a fine art, that and killing children.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 5:38pm
6 replies and only 1 answer the other 5 just bitching

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 5:53pm
I dont think I have ever been anything more than 10-15 minutes in Dublin. And I am usually on an early flight. (Although I have never been in T2)

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Out of all the airports I've ever been in Dublin security is one of the fastest even at it's busiest. Clap

I think a lot of the airports on the continent, people wait until the very last second to remove their belongings and get them ready. Angry

Yes, Dublin has been by far the best I have been to. And when I leave Dubin it is in the morning and come home late from the foreign ones. I would hate to see what they are like at peak times.

I remember being in Paris Beauvais and some burd had a full make-up kit with her that would barely make the carry-on luggage criteria.

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 6:44pm
The difference between Dublin airport and others is phenomenal. It takes less than five minutes in other Irish airports.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 10:13am
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

The difference between Dublin airport and others is phenomenal. It takes less than five minutes in other Irish airports.

Probably because people can't wait to get the fcuk out of the one in Cork

Tongue

-------------

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 10:33am

Probably because the other Irish airports are tiny in comparison. They'd have a fraction of the volume of passengers to deal with it. 

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 10:55am

Mostly 12 seaters, once an hour.

The only things confiscated are chickens and sheep.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Probably because the other Irish airports are tiny in comparison. They'd have a fraction of the volume of passengers to deal with it. 

Exactly. It's a ridiculous comparison comparing Dublin with any airport on this island.

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 12:53pm
When ever I fly through Dublin I get there 1 hour or less before my flight, I generally get annoyed as I've to sit around for 30 mins. 

Quickest airport to get through security, I've had a huge queue layers back and thought I'd no chance of egtting the flight and the queue was sorted really quickly

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 1:58pm
YEah Dublin is fantastic these days. From my gaff in Drumcondra - drive to Red Carpark - bus to terminal - through security took me 26 minutes on a Saturday 10am a few weeks before Christmas

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

plus wan

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Probably because people can't wait to get the fcuk out of the one in Cork

Tongue

H'up outta that.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 12:42am
Would put Dublin airport security queues as pretty average to be honest, neither the best or the worst out there. To be fair to Dublin airport, bigger queues are usually caused by the idiots Bhob referred to, take off yer belt, lose the bottle of water, yes, the laptop has to come out of the bag.

Some of the UK airports have (I dunno what they are called, but I think of them as some kind of idiot police, not police who are idiots, but people who police idiots) who come down through the top of the queue and tell people to remove belt, throw water in the bin, take laptop out of bag etc before you even get to the actual scanning area. They would be quite aggressive about it too, not exactly polite, but wouldn't really have an issue there, if people weren't so fcuking stupid, they wouldn't have to be there in the first place, and as jobs go, it must be an unbelievably frustrating one to just repeating 3 or 4 of the same questions for 8 hours a day or whatever. 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 10:51am
Does anyone know if I can go through security screening in T2 on a Ryanair (T1) boarding pass?

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 10:57am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Does anyone know if I can go through security screening in T2 on a Ryanair (T1) boarding pass?

Really dont think so but you can access terminal 2 from terminal 1 easily enough.

Get through security, hang a left and keep walking following the US immigration signs and passed the etihad lounges etc. you then have to turn right at the end of the corridor, take the lift to T2 departures/shopping. Job done. 

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 11:15am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Really dont think so but you can access terminal 2 from terminal 1 easily enough.

Get through security, hang a left and keep walking following the US immigration signs and passed the etihad lounges etc. you then have to turn right at the end of the corridor, take the lift to T2 departures/shopping. Job done. 

Cheers! Have done the walk a few times alright, just being lazyLOL

Do enjoy the average food in the Slaney bar, looking out over the planes with a pint of Chieftain.

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 11:18am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Haven't tried it myself but I'd imagine that if you tried scanning the barcode on your boarding pass at the barriers that you need to pass through to get to security, it wouldn't work anyway or else one of the staff there who actually do the scanning (what an exciting job that must be LOL) would direct you to T1.

As  McG says though, once you have cleared security, you can get to T2 by turning left and following the signs for gate numbers starting with 4, it's about a 5-minute walk.  I've had to do it myself a few times but in the opposite direction for Aer Lingus flights that have had no gates available at T2.

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 12:13pm

Why would you want to, is the question?

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Why would you want to, is the question?

Would prefer to eat in the Slaney bar rather than Marquette, bit less hectic and enjoy sitting there watching the planes come in

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 12:35pm
Well, if you can't, sure you can go through T1 security, walk across to the Slaney, then walk back across to T1.

That'll definitely work. It will take five minutes. Whereas if you go to get in T2, and get told no, then you you have to walk across to T1, then back across to T2 to the bar, then back across to T1 for your flight (and probably Pier D). It is handier to go in T1.

-------------

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 12:36pm
Are there any bars on the landside that you can planewatch?

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 12:40pm
Ye can defo get from T2 to T1 after security. I remember when I was going to Vienna that when we went to go to the gate it turned out that even though we were flying Aer Lingus our flight was leaving from T1 

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

no

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

no

Bag of Cans on the Old airport road Wink

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 12:58pm

Well, if you can't, sure you can go through T1 security, walk across to the Slaney, then walk back across to T1.

That'll definitely work. It will take five minutes. Whereas if you go to get in T2, and get told no, then you you have to walk across to T1, then back across to T2 to the bar, then back across to T1 for your flight (and probably Pier D). It is handier to go in T1.

Think I'll just have to do that alright, I could've sworn when I worked there they said you could do it but not really worth the risk to save five mins.

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 1:11pm

not like the good oul daysCry

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:00pm
LOLLOL

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:12pm

Think there's one on the Mezzanine level (the one above Departures) in Terminal 1.  Can't remember what it's called though, but I do know it's beside a restaurant called Alcock & Brown. You go down a short corridor beside it to a bar and the windows looking out onto the apron and airfield are right in front of you.  Better than standing out on a windswept road beside the runway, that's for sure. LOL

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:14pm

Think I'll just have to do that alright, I could've sworn when I worked there they said you could do it but not really worth the risk to save five mins.

If you're right, it'll save you five minutes. If you're wrong, it'll cost you ten or fifteen.

Sure if you get the bus from town, it only drops you outside T1 anyway.

-------------

Posted By: PJIRELAND
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:46pm
yeah u defo can. I do it regularly. 

-------------
YBIG Fantasy Football Champion 2013/2014.

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by PJIRELAND PJIRELAND wrote:

yeah u defo can. I do it regularly. 

Top manClap

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 3:41pm
Got through t2 no bother with the Ryanair boarding pass, cheers for the help Thumbs Up

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net