You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Derry Girls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 9:21am
Didn't like last nights episode at all. Worst of the series so far.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 10:05pm
Tell that Free State f**ker to shift his hole
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 10:12pm
I'm just throwing it out there... The grandfather is an ungrateful bullying c*nt.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 10:17pm
Lads this is getting worse I don't think J have laughed since the first episode. Load of rubbish and thr father in law is an unfunny prick
AKA pedantic kunt
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 10:33pm
Class final episode. Best of the lot IMO. ya she might be a dick but shes my dick.... cranberries at the end. Brill
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 4:44am
Sister Michael "Every year I sit back stage listening to the singers and it really makes me realise how talented the professionals who originally recorded these tracks were."
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 6:44am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Lads this is getting worse I don't think J have laughed since the first episode. Load of rubbish and thr father in law is an unfunny prick
Tommy Tiernan is great, other than that it is the same jokes told in different ways. The terrible attempt at poignancy at the end was dreadful as well.
A pity as it had shown potential.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 7:32am
The end was very good I thought
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 8:16am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Tommy Tiernan is great, other than that it is the same jokes told in different ways. The terrible attempt at poignancy at the end was dreadful as well.
A pity as it had shown potential.

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 8:22am
I got to episode 2 before I switched it off. The blonde young wan making the faces all the time when she talks was very annoying
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 8:27am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

I got to episode 2 before I switched it off. The blonde young wan making the faces all the time when she talks was very annoying

I think it’s excellent but this does annoy me too.
Will watch last nights episode today at some stage
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 8:32am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Same, gank stuff altogether.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 11:18am
I thought the few episodes of this were good but unfortunately it deteriorated fairly rapidly after that. The last couple of episodes felt like they were a struggle for the creators to throw together and featured very few actual jokes. Or rather very similar jokes to those featured in the first few episodes that had gone pretty stale by the end of the show (the granddad being a prick etc).

Very hard to see how they could make a second series.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 1:41pm
Watched an episode and a half last night. Pure sh*te. Dont know what all the hype was. The dumb auntie would get a serious rattle though.
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 5:55pm
Good write-up about the series here:-

But what's the deal with that baby?  We don't even know whether it's a boy or a girl, let alone have a name.  And considering Erin is supposed to be 16, that's an awfully big age gap between siblings?

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 6:20pm
Was hit and miss. The Young Offenders looks more promising after the film and first episode. Will see how that goes over the next few.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 8:45am
What often happens is writers can write a good pilot but can't follow it up with 3 hours of jokes and good characters. You either need believable characters or cartoon characters like father Ted. This show had neither.
AKA pedantic kunt
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 10:48am

What often happens is writers can write a good pilot but can't follow it up with 3 hours of jokes and good characters. You either need believable characters or cartoon characters like father Ted. This show had neither.

I think the acting was as much of a hindrance as the writing. Orlaith aside, none of those playing the group of girls could act and will probably never be seen again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
  Share Topic