You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 306>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepper67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 8:04pm
i got accused of being a bed wetter for suggesting the same thing..different game now where  most footballers are motivated by money first...not saying Declan is like that however but i dont want to take any chances..he looks as though he could be a real gem
Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 8:12pm

Seemed pretty happy to be involved with Ireland here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feR2iR6U31g
El Puto Amo
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 8:16pm
Seems a good lad
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 8:21pm
If he wants to stay with us he will. If not then the best of luck to him.
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 8:39pm
Exactly.  

I admire Chris Coleman's approach in relation to this issue. Get such promising youngsters involved with the senior squad asap, so their heads won't be turned (as it understandably could be).  Did that with BenWoodburn, Harry Wilson and Ethan Empadu (who is eligible for us and whose Da played for Belvo and our U21s Unhappy).
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 8:43pm
Dont worry about it sweetie what will be will be
AVFCAnne View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AVFCAnne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 8:48pm
Can't tar everyone with Grealish's money-grabbing brush.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 9:19pm
It will be pretty unsavoury on here if he opts for the tan's
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by AVFCAnne AVFCAnne wrote:

Money grabbing?

Tbh I was more embarrassed by our reaction when he choose England. It should've been forgotten about once he decided plus it was hugely hypocritical of us to cry wolf over that and at the same time complain abut the Jocks being nasty to McGeady and McCarthy. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Exactly.  

I admire Chris Coleman's approach in relation to this issue. Get such promising youngsters involved with the senior squad asap, so their heads won't be turned (as it understandably could be).  Did that with BenWoodburn, Harry Wilson and Ethan Empadu (who is eligible for us and whose Da played for Belvo and our U21s Unhappy).

The only one of them Coleman has completely nailed down as Welsh is Wilson.He brought him on in the 87th minute of a competitive match against Belgium,still his only cap 4 years later. Woodburn has only played friendlies and Empadu only at underage level.

Woodburn is an interesting case, just the one Welsh grandparent and has shown signs he could be good enough for England but seems to have no interest in switching.Rice has three Irish grandparents like a certain jack the lad but lets expect more from him. MON isn't the type of manager to put him in a competitive squad for a gimmicky late substitution.

Edited by TonyNotJack - 21 Aug 2017 at 9:39pm
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Exactly.  

Wales call up those young guys because they literally do not have enough players playing at a decent level to make up a balanced 23 man squad. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 9:48pm
Why are people manufacturing reasons to worry? There's been no indication from anyone that Rice isn't committed to us/is about to be approached by England. Certain posters need to calm down.

Edited by The O'Shea - 21 Aug 2017 at 9:48pm
We're decent enough..
AVFCAnne View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AVFCAnne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Money grabbing?

Tbh I was more embarrassed by our reaction when he choose England. It should've been forgotten about once he decided plus it was hugely hypocritical of us to cry wolf over that and at the same time complain abut the Jocks being nasty to McGeady and McCarthy. 

Yes. His change of heart was financially motivated.

Perhaps we're not in a position to complain but a gobsh*te's a gobsh*te and the way he's going he'll be no loss to us and of no interest to England at senior level.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 11:06pm

Money grabbing?

Not to mention the amount of sh*te a player is getting who has now actually declared for us!
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 11:11pm

Money grabbing?

Yes. His change of heart was financially motivated.

Perhaps we're not in a position to complain but a gobsh*te's a gobsh*te and the way he's going he'll be no loss to us and of no interest to England at senior level.

I know nothing about him but there may have been other factors for him choosing England given the fact he's from there, spent his life there, and makes his living there etc etc. I doubt it was completely financial reasons. 

There's no perhaps about it in fairness, we really are in no position to complain given how we've benefitted in the past from players who represented other international teams such as that pub team up the road at underage level before actually playing for their country's senior team. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 7:36pm
Playing midfield against Cheltenham on Sky Sports
The only way is up
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 10:37pm
Got the full 90. Bilic rates him.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

greenmachine68 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenmachine68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Got the full 90. Bilic rates him.

Hopefully Bilic will be around a while to give home a regular run.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 306>
  Share Topic