You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Declan Rice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 294295296297298 306>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Declan is a w**ker he wears the w**kers hat

He had three caps for Ireland, he didn’t fancy that

Instead he plays for England, but said up the RA

f**k you Declan, we didn’t need you anyway

Instead he plays for England, to betray his Da, 

f**k you Declan, we know you love the RA. 

Instead he plays for England, so he betrayed his Da, 

F**k you Declan Rice, we know you love the RA. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Sponsored Links

gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

The question of National identity is all well and good ......but in regards footballers when you throw in ambition and for want of a better word greed, it's a whole other ball game .....the comparison to an 'ordinary' person with an Irish granny is quite far way removed

The fact of the matter is if Will Keane for example had carved out a career at Man Utd he would not now be coming cap in hand to little ol Ireland .....and we're going to see more of it, the like of Grealish/Rice and those coming the opposite way because they weren't quite as good as hoped

But he his an ordinary person with an Irish parent, he just happens to be good(no laughing) at football. You are correct that greed is a factor, but that isn't the player's fault. You can't blame the failings of modern football on Will Keane. He may not have played for us if he was starting for Manchester United, but he isn't. Keane, Grealish, Rice and all the others, past, present and future, are all Irish and were all eligible to be picked. Once eligibility has been established, ability should be the only criterion for being picked.

I would also question the use of the word 'ambition', especially  in this particular instance. I can't imagine a few caps for a poor Irish team is suddenly going to catapult him back into the radar of EPL managers. The simple reality is he wants to play for the land of his dad. Now,  may well be that he leaned more to his English identity, which  still smacks of thought-crime, but also,  as you have said yourself, the zeitgeist of greed means it is difficult to ascertain if these possible  leanings were motivated by English pride or financial gain. T

The use of the word ambition was more aimed at the likes of Grealish and Rice......as for your last point, do you not have a problem with that at all? I'm sure I'm not alone in getting sick of it......something has got to change in the rules
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 8:50pm
Everybody stop being so Ricist please.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 8:55pm

The question of National identity is all well and good ......but in regards footballers when you throw in ambition and for want of a better word greed, it's a whole other ball game .....the comparison to an 'ordinary' person with an Irish granny is quite far way removed

The fact of the matter is if Will Keane for example had carved out a career at Man Utd he would not now be coming cap in hand to little ol Ireland .....and we're going to see more of it, the like of Grealish/Rice and those coming the opposite way because they weren't quite as good as hoped

But he his an ordinary person with an Irish parent, he just happens to be good(no laughing) at football. You are correct that greed is a factor, but that isn't the player's fault. You can't blame the failings of modern football on Will Keane. He may not have played for us if he was starting for Manchester United, but he isn't. Keane, Grealish, Rice and all the others, past, present and future, are all Irish and were all eligible to be picked. Once eligibility has been established, ability should be the only criterion for being picked.

I would also question the use of the word 'ambition', especially  in this particular instance. I can't imagine a few caps for a poor Irish team is suddenly going to catapult him back into the radar of EPL managers. The simple reality is he wants to play for the land of his dad. Now,  may well be that he leaned more to his English identity, which  still smacks of thought-crime, but also,  as you have said yourself, the zeitgeist of greed means it is difficult to ascertain if these possible  leanings were motivated by English pride or financial gain. T

The use of the word ambition was more aimed at the likes of Grealish and Rice......as for your last point, do you not have a problem with that at all? I'm sure I'm not alone in getting sick of it......something has got to change in the rules
Sick of what? Someone with Irish nationality wanting to play for Ireland? I find it odd that people have a problem with that.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 9:04pm

Sick of what? Someone with Irish nationality wanting to play for Ireland? I find it odd that people have a problem with that.

Ok I give up you win!

sick of players changing their mind because they're not quite good enough....he had Irish Nationality when his brother was playing underage for us (see stepping stone) ....he was not interested ......that's what people have a problem with
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 9:12pm

Ok I give up you win!

sick of players changing their mind because they're not quite good enough....he had Irish Nationality when his brother was playing underage for us (see stepping stone) ....he was not interested ......that's what people have a problem with
So you would prefer if he didn't declare, he shouldn't be allowed represent the country that provided half the genitalia that made him because it annoys you? I don't understand why it annoys people so much, but I have a suspicion that it is because it is England. People will protest that they would be the same if it was any country, but I don't think so. I think the 'exotic' novelty factor would also play a
part.
Anyway, were they to change the rules to only being eligible for the nation you were born in, it would be much more unfair all round.

Be thankful if this is the sort of thing you are really sick of, things aren't going too bad for ya!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 9:26pm

Ok I give up you win!

So you would prefer if he didn't declare, he shouldn't be allowed represent the country that provided half the genitalia that made him because it annoys you? I don't understand why it annoys people so much, but I have a suspicion that it is because it is England. People will protest that they would be the same if it was any country, but I don't think so. I think the 'exotic' novelty factor would also play a
part.
Anyway, were they to change the rules to only being eligible for the nation you were born in, it would be much more unfair all round.

Be thankful if this is the sort of thing you are really sick of, things aren't going too bad for ya!

There has to be a cut off point ....21 yrs of age seems fair enough, Will Keane is a 26 yr old man who's suddenly found his Irishness, down the bottom of the Championship apparently

I'm not questioning his identity as a person don't know the fella or anyone else......in regards football which is what we're concerned with, I am
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 10:19pm
Bad form from the gutter media. 

Rice's comments were never official, they were purely provisional. (Like his commitment to Ireland.)

Edited by Terzino - 21 Mar 2019 at 10:20pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 10:36pm
Gentlemen, I am Declan's Uncle Ben.  I am here to put the record straight and assure you there isn't a grain of truth to the Rice story.  It's just the Irish press stirring the pot to make life uncomfortable for him with England.  He had steam coming out of his ears over this and things threatened to boil over into a defamation case. Rice is definitely proud to be in white. He always wanted to be a number 6. Nothing is going to take-away that from him.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 11:42pm
You surrendered
You surrendered
YOU SURRENDERED TO THE IRA
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 12:07am
We know you lie through your teeth Declan Rice,
We know you lie through your teeth all day, 
We know you lie through your teeth declan rice, 
But you love the IRA.
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 12:24am
Na na na na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na
Ra head Ri-ce wants to f**k the queen
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 12:45am
Decco Rice is a very confused man 
can't decide if he loves the Queen or his Irish nan
he said up the Ra but he was only a kid
but that after all wasn't the worst thing he did
said he played underage for the Irish team
three full caps forgotten in the haze of a Bobby Moore dream

Edited by TonyNotJack - 22 Mar 2019 at 12:47am
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 1:51am
who was the player who scored against Liverpool and the rabid fans dug through 6 years of social media posts?

This was probably the work of some Irish Liverpool fan sat in his mum's spare room

good on Southgate for shrugging it off. Who honestly gives a f**k now
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 2:12am
Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

who was the player who scored against Liverpool and the rabid fans dug through 6 years of social media posts?

This was probably the work of some Irish Liverpool fan sat in his mum's spare room

That just confirms Southgate is a member of the RA. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 5:12am
Imagine he was booed by his own fans on his home debut, now that would be amazing.

His blatant disregard for the 3 caps he took away from our other players has changed my opinion of him completely. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 6:56am
Will he start tonight?

I would think it’s between him and Dier to play alongside Hendo.
I doubt the fans will boo him. He’s West Ham innit.

Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 7:35am
Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

Seeing as though England fans constantly sing about their dislike of the IRA, I'm sure they will give a f**k.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 294295296297298 306>
  Share Topic