You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Darts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 149150151152153 155>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 11:40pm
Cheers for the messages. Will need luck this weekend.

Just arrived in Venray in the Netherlands

There is 2 dart boards in every pub.   And a q system to get a game πŸ˜‚
Stretchryan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 10:10am
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

Cheers for the messages. Will need luck this weekend.

Just arrived in Venray in the Netherlands

There is 2 dart boards in every pub.   And a q system to get a game πŸ˜‚

Best of luck
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 8:50pm
A very tough weekend in the netherlands

There are some unbelievable players on from NL on the BDO circuit

Saturday started well. Averged in the high 80s for my first round win against a Dutch opponant

Then met the board seed in the last 128. Went 1-0 up and missed double 12 to go 2-0. Ended up 3-1 behind and ralleyd to being it back to 3-3. Lost the decideding leg which was hard to stomach. Went out at last 128 stage 4-3

Main comp on the Sunday. Met another NL player in round 2. He was just bacl from the torromolenous open where he lsot the semi final. Missed 2 darts at double `18 to go 2-0 up and it went 1 all.   every leg went with throw and he won the decider with the throw. Another 4-3 defeat.

One of the guys who I bet at the scottish open got to the semi finals and another lad who i crushed in the isle of man got to the last 16. so its just about getting an easier draw in the upcoming comps. The main comp on the sunday was won by Kyle Mckinstery from Antrim

A very expenisve place Holland. Eindhoven Airport to the train station was 9 minutes in the taxi. it came to €32. f**king Insane. That bavaria piss is awful to, its all half pints with a f**kin 2 inch head on them. Awful stuff

Anyway , back on the nightshift here now for 2 more nights. Home to ireland for the wales game friday morning.   catch up with the family in meath on Saturday. Back to Luton 7am Sunday morning then up to Arena MK in Milton Keynes for the PDC challenge tour on Sunday after noon.

Then its another 4 nightshifts at work and Next friday evening im off to Dusseldorf. A quick mini bus over to Bochum for the 2017 BDO German Masters and German open on the Saturday and Sunday

Into the hectic Schedule now.   Next 6 weeks in a row

Edited by daboi89 - 21 Mar 2017 at 8:53pm
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 9:08pm
It's always good to read these things Daboi and I've been following you on twitter also. As a darts fan, it's fascinating to read about what it's really like on the circuit.

Just a quick question, if you're on the BDO circuit, is it ok to play in a PDC event?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 12:04am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

It's always good to read these things Daboi and I've been following you on twitter also. As a darts fan, it's fascinating to read about what it's really like on the circuit.

Just a quick question, if you're on the BDO circuit, is it ok to play in a PDC event?

I can play PDC challenge touras i am a member of the Professional Darts Players Association (PDPA) as i went to PDC Q School

If I played a Players Championship Event then it would eliminate me from the BDO tour.

So I wont be playing in the main PDC tour for a minimum of 2 years. One I am not good enough/ consistant enough at the moment

2 I want to do the complete tour this year, which will leave me set up for having a proper crack at it next year.

I have done

Romania
Scotland
Isle of Man
Netherlands

since January the 28th. The Czech open is first of the year and thats around October , So I missed almost 4 months of competitions and ranking points. The lads who played the BDO Masters and the world championships had up on 100 ranking points.

Its very similar to the PDC. The PDC give 2 year tour cards. And the BDO like to protect each other in the top 30 of the world rankings. Its basically why its always the same old school boys in all the comps. From what i have seen so far this year

Mark Mcgeeney is a decent bet for the World Championships in January 2018. I played him in the Isle of man, I threw against the throw in 1 leg. I hit 140 140 140. and didnt get back to the board to throw for the 81 as Mcgeeney checked out. He also won the Hal Open on Saturday in Venray
Duzza isnt playing that well at present
Kyle Mckinstery from the North is playing some of the best darts in the BDO at present IMO
Scottish lad Cameron Menzies is also playing some stuff at present
Martin Adams seens to start incredible well (10,11 darters, but fades away as the tournament progresses, maybe age/Treatment )

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 12:09am
Great stuff dude. Best of luck in your upcoming events.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 12:34am
Great to hear Daboi, and best of luck. Didn't know you were at that level.

Had I known you were going to Eindhoven, I'd have told you where to go to get the bus from the airport to the train station. It was cheap enough from what I recall and went direct.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 22 Mar 2017 at 12:35am
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 12:41am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Great to hear Daboi, and best of luck. Didn't know you were at that level.

Had I known you were going to Eindhoven, I'd have told you where to go to get the bus from the airport to the train station. It was cheap enough from what I recall and went direct.

it was lashing rain friday night and the traffic was insane.. no buses turned up for ages thats why i got a taxi

on the way home on sunday I got the intervity train from Venray to Blerick, then got on the Ice train to Schipol airport that stopped in Eindhiven. Then onto the 400 bus to the airport..

Everything arrived to the minute and it cost €14

the Hal masters and Open is in Venray again next year. So it was a bit of a learning curve this year.. Ryanair to Weeze in Germany for next time round . then its a 15 min taxi over the border to Venray
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 12:59am
Ah cool, makes sense. I couldn't remember the bus number off the top of my head but I took it on the way back from Belgrade last year... flew to Eindhoven then took the train to Schiphol and back to Dublin from there.

Weeze sounds like an option to Venray anyway, although you may well want to hire a car.
jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 12:16pm
Daboi89 into round three in Germany now
It's Jack Shat
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 1:16pm
Another win for Daboi
When is YBIG gonna get the finger out and sponsor The Bulldozer?

Edited by rossieman - 08 Apr 2017 at 1:17pm
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 1:24pm
The Bulldozer ripping it up
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 1:56pm
He's into round 6 now.

The Bulldozer
It's Jack Shat
irish boogie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish boogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 1:56pm
In to round 5 now , has to be someone who can sponsor him and not just for the craic some serious talent there and chance to get publicity tooπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Edited by irish boogie - 08 Apr 2017 at 1:56pm
Thank You Torun and Tyskie
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 4:32am
Good day yesterday

Finished 33rd out of 900

Lost to world number 9 darius labanauskas in the last 64. Picked up some prizemoney and 5 world championship ranking points.   Played incredible all day. The break of 1.5 hours from winning my board to playin the last 64 didn't help. Few beers after to drown the sorrows and the leftovers of Friday nights pizza was dinner.   Was asleep by 7.30pm.

5.30 here in germany.    Slept solid for 9 hours .   Will get up shortly and will be in the venue for 8.45ish. On at 10am this morning in the German Masters.   Had an all dutch and german board yesterday.   Don't know the draw for today either.

We shall find out in 3 hours
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 5:10pm
Bad day Sunday

Lost the 2nd round 4-3 to some young dutch kid. A 180 machine he was. I was 2-0 up aswell   

Anyway. 2 more nights at work then the train from Kings cross to brussels and onward to bruges friday afternoon.   Won't be easy. Every Tom dick and harry from England seem to be driving over.

Should start a blog at this stage   
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

Bad day Sunday

Lost the 2nd round 4-3 to some young dutch kid. A 180 machine he was. I was 2-0 up aswell   

Anyway. 2 more nights at work then the train from Kings cross to brussels and onward to bruges friday afternoon.   Won't be easy. Every Tom dick and harry from England seem to be driving over.

Should start a blog at this stage

Excellent ideaClap

daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 8:59pm
forgot to update this in a while

no word on the blog,   too busy with the travelling

anyway, Last weekend was Bruges. Was played in the Belfry tower so a fairly decent venue. Didnt play well atall. which was f**king horrid annoying after a good performance in Germany. lost on the bubble for ranking points both days. Missed several darts at doubles to win both games. lost them both 4-3

Bank holiday monday went down to south england for a major bank holiday open.. won my first 3 games. then got blitzed by richard north (PDC tour) 4-0 in the last 8. Prizemoney didnt even cover the cost of the f**kin train from waterloo to Basingstoke.

Didnt pick up a dart for the rest of the week

4 nightshifts later and it was an early trip to tallin in Estonia for the weekend just gone. Hit the bed when I arrived as I was f**ked. Up at 7 pm for a quick walk around the venue, back up to the room after grub and watched some snooker highlights. never threw a dart and said it would be what would be the following morning

Next morning for the 2017 Estonian Open. it started at the last 128 stage.. plenty of Byes for the locals (Dodgey enough draw ) Played well all morning and smashed my way through the field 4-0 4-0 4-0 to reach the last 16. I played an english geezer who was fairly handy.. I wired double tops for a 106 checkout when 1-0 down. went 2-0 and then drew one back.. Missed 3 darts at double 8 and ended up 3- 1 down.. brought it back to 3-2 and with him sitting on 40 in the next leg i went 60 60 and f**king wired tops again for a 160 check out . he took out his finish and it was a 4-2 defeat and a 9th place finish.. 6 ranking points and the cost of the outbound flight was gained back in prizemoney.

out on the town then to the main square.. into the irish bar on the square which is now been renamed mad murphys ( Was molly malones when we were there for the playoff) 3am finish there with some decent steak and Guinness to finish the night.

Estonian masters the next morning and i got f**kign shafted with the draw. I got Alexander Oreshkin who has played for Russia in the PDC world cup of darts several times   2015/2016 the latest so fairly recently.. Anyway i played some super stuff and must have averaged near 100 for the game.. i hit 4 180s over the 6 legs and he hit 5 or 6 140s in return so i was under pressure throughout, Doubles went out fairly quickly and i progressed with a 4-2 win.. smashed my way through the field 4-0 4-1 4-0 4-0 from then on and into the last 8

I was then up against the bollox who knocked me out of the german open in the last 64 . World Number 9 Darius Labnauskaus. Lost the first 2 legs and then broke back with an 11 darter. hit 140 to leave 40 after 12 in the 4th leg and the bollox took out 72 on double 8 with the last dart in hand. next leg i broke him back with a 180 140 145 and took out 36 on the 2nd go for another 11 darter. With the throw to bring it back to 3 all and i hit a 177 after 12 to again leave 40.. he checked out 84, again on double 8 with the last dart in his f**king hand.   was hard to take as it was defo another game in the high 90 averages for meself. the cost of the return flight plus some of the hotel money cost was gained back in prizemoney this time and 8 more ranking points. 14 in total for the weekend which im pleased about. moves me onto 24 and around 110 in the BDO Seasonal World Rankings. Hopefully some decent results over the next few weeks can see me into the top 100

Labnauskaus bet an Estonian in the semi final

Then he hosed up in the final 5-1 over an english geezer.. threw no darts in them 2 games like he threw against me. so i have no doubt if i had a shot of doubles against him id have beaten him and won the whole thing outright. part time darter and tunnel worker giving out as he was sat on a double 2 times in a 4-2 defeat to the world number 9 and im giving out like f**k

anyway , back from estonia today.   2 hour f**king delay in stanstad with the crowds at passport control.. in work now for 4 nightshifts then we go again this weekend in Esbjerg in Denmark.. Flights to Copenhagen friday then the Ice train across the country to Esjberg

Over and Out!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 149150151152153 155>
  Share Topic