You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cup Semi Finals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 28293031>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 5:19pm
Christ talk about going round in circles...
Sponsored Links

Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 5:22pm
They are not responsible for guys throwing stones outside, the stewards in the car park are there to ensure the safety of paying patrons. There job is to get sham fans to their buses and that's what they were trying to do.

You say they stood with their hands in their pockets but what did you expect them to do? Chase these lads and beat them ?

Has to be remembered that these stewards are only ordinary lads with ordinary day jobs, they are not rent a mob and they aren't special forces.
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
LesVerts View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LesVerts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

They are not responsible for guys throwing stones outside, the stewards in the car park are there to ensure the safety of paying patrons. There job is to get sham fans to their buses and that's what they were trying to do.

You say they stood with their hands in their pockets but what did you expect them to do? Chase these lads and beat them ?

Has to be remembered that these stewards are only ordinary lads with ordinary day jobs, they are not rent a mob and they aren't special forces.

Maybe not the ones in orange jackets, they're sound lads wishing us all a safe journey on the way out. The big lads at the away section though... not too sure.
garytwigg21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garytwigg21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 6:36pm

I strongly beg to differ on that.

I would be more worried if I was Derry fan about these "employees" then a bunch of youngfellas throwing stones. But hey ho, if they won't to act like that, so be it. It will result in what happened after the match again when a big away crowd are visiting.

So they get paid ?
This time next year........
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 8:02pm
You lay a few out Gary? You Rovers top boy or is Gerk still the man around those parts?LOL

Anyway, what's the craic with the Derry Stewards in the away section? spill the dirt
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

You lay a few out Gary? You Rovers top boy or is Gerk still the man around those parts?LOL

Anyway, what's the craic with the Derry Stewards in the away section? spill the dirt

They simply formed a line to seperate the 2 sets of fans.we had extra security on given sham fans reputation and the attendance.

These guys wallowing in its sham, loving being the victims
starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2014 at 8:52am

So then if they won't clear the area outside surely you understand why Rovers fans would take things into their own hands. This is the exact problem in Derry, nobody takes any responsibility for what happens outside. Its Derrys responsibility to ensure proper security for away fans in the ground and the direct vicinity.

Your chairman even spoke of our exemplary behaviour so don't try and send the blame onto us here...
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2014 at 9:18am
Ive said all I'm going to say on this, if you think twiggy and his pals are 100% innocent in this then fair enough. To me "clear the area " = go outside for a scrap .
Yous play the victim well I'll give yous that
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2014 at 9:25am

Ive said all I'm going to say on this, if you think twiggy and his pals are 100% innocent in this then fair enough. To me "clear the area " = go outside for a scrap .

I know from previous instances and you know full that these fellas are outside waiting to have a pop at any Dublin side it seems, especially Rovers. We've had enough broken windows to know what is coming around the corner, ffs going from lads in the carpark the stuff was already coming over the wall at them and they hadn't even left, cars had also been slashed by this stage as gspain said earlier. What do you advise so, just hop on buses and run the gauntlet?

Your chairman doesn't know what hes talking about now?

Hilarious coming from Derry LOL
LesVerts View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LesVerts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2014 at 9:32am
Originally posted by starryplough starryplough wrote:

I know from previous instances and you know full that these fellas are outside waiting to have a pop at any Dublin side it seems, especially Rovers. We've had enough broken windows to know what is coming around the corner, ffs going from lads in the carpark the stuff was already coming over the wall at them and they hadn't even left, cars had also been slashed by this stage as gspain said earlier. What do you advise so, just hop on buses and run the gauntlet?

Your chairman doesn't know what hes talking about now?

Hilarious coming from Derry LOL

Stones were hitting us as we walked to the buses , thats why they went out , they didnt just go to see if anyone was there. Anyway the bus I was on didnt get hit, dont think any other fans bus did either so them going out and chasing them off saved us a cold trip home.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2014 at 9:57am
Our chairman is a moron - same guy who said "sure they stoned our buses on Sunday " (which has been disputed on here) and also give us the cracker "the ruc control outside the ground" - so excuse me whilst I say he's a bullsh*t merchant

All I'm saying is 95% of your fans are innocent in this and I am disgusted that peoples cars/buses were damaged and that people had stones thrown at them...but there are a small element of your fans who would have relished this and went out of the ground for a scrap. They started fighting with stewards who were rightly trying to keep them in

If you are telling me that 100% of your fans were on best behaviour then we'll have to agree to disagree.

4 days later and we are still picking at this
dudnalkfc10 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I love Drogheda hi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudnalkfc10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 12:50pm

Originally posted by roamin_bullocks roamin_bullocks wrote:

When you send up yobs that look like extras outa LOVE/HATE whose opening chant was 'wats it like to have a queen' ur kinda askin for trouble...it was clear INSIDE the ground the stewards were havin bother with some of the visitors....probably lucky the local constabuarly dont police matches, the old RUC wud have had a good night out...

What does an extra out of love hate generally look like? Poor old Derry offended by chants now, more than able to give their own last Sunday with the "free state bastards" chant, and the hassle the stewards/gards had with them but that didn't mean Rovers fans a) got offended or b) called for the local scrotes to gather outside the stadium and attack your fans and team bus

They were singing that to the Gardai not Rovers fans

Same way Rovers fans were singing it to the Gardai and not Dundalk fans!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by dudnalkfc10 dudnalkfc10 wrote:

When you send up yobs that look like extras outa LOVE/HATE whose opening chant was 'wats it like to have a queen' ur kinda askin for trouble...it was clear INSIDE the ground the stewards were havin bother with some of the visitors....probably lucky the local constabuarly dont police matches, the old RUC wud have had a good night out...

What does an extra out of love hate generally look like? Poor old Derry offended by chants now, more than able to give their own last Sunday with the "free state bastards" chant, and the hassle the stewards/gards had with them but that didn't mean Rovers fans a) got offended or b) called for the local scrotes to gather outside the stadium and attack your fans and team bus

You are actually beyond help
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I love Drogheda hi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudnalkfc10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 1:17pm

Fancy a pint tonight on Kennedys before the game?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 1:23pm

Why so you can get served is it? As I've said already a 705 ko, for a meaningless game for ourselves on a Monday in your kip, I'll be barstooling it
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I love Drogheda hi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudnalkfc10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 1:45pm

Why so you can get served is it? As I've said already a 705 ko, for a meaningless game for ourselves on a Monday in your kip, I'll be barstooling it

What? I only said Kennedys because your lot cant get into the bar in Oriel but Kennedys do let the sensible ones in
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 1:50pm
Are we sure starryplough is actually not rtid Confused
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 2:22pm

This post has been noted
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 28293031>
  Share Topic