Subject: Cup Semi Finals
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 10:09am
Draw Monday, presumably on C-MNS.

Teams are:

Rovers
Pats
Harps/Avondale
Derry/Drogs

Interesting to see if Pats can break their gypsy curse on the thing and Rovers are well overdue win number 25. Derry and Drogs have more recent experince winning it, but hard to see them as favourites.

My head says home to Harps please, but it would be nice to stuff Pats in the Semi. The final will be a friendlier affair if one of the rural clubs is in it rather than the lesser Dublin Derby.

-------------
He is Karl Pilkington in the LOI section and Karl Marx outwith it

Replies:
Posted By: saintjoey
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 10:36am
I want rovers in the semi final! If not then away to harps!

Pats-rovers harps- Derry should bring 2 bumper crowds

Posted By: The Saint
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

I want rovers in the semi final! If not then away to harps!

Pats-rovers harps- Derry should bring 2 bumper crowds

Clap
What date these penciled in for?

-------------
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus

Posted By: thenewguyis back
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 12:16pm
first weekend of next month

Posted By: EastStandMan
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 1:16pm
Anyone anywhere - bring em on . 

-------------
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 1:17pm

Bring Rovers to Avondale ParkLOL

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 1:22pm
Seriously ,,,after we dismissed Dundalk does anyone think we wont win the Cup now ???. We are unstoppable . 

-------------

Posted By: scottyccfc
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 1:29pm

What are the odds Rovers do a Derry and play a weakened team against Dundalk ? FFS

-------------
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...

Posted By: LesVerts
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

What are the odds Rovers do a Derry and play a weakened team against Dundalk ? FFS

Not likely since were still in contention for third.

-------------
SRFC 17/24

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 1:38pm
Never thought of that and ya could be right - Nutsy will do whats best for Rovers . Cork will feel hard done by if we play a second string or there abouts . Up in the air and wait and see . Lad I know brought me up a ring of Corks finest this morning ,,,,salivating here with the smell from under the grill . 

-------------

Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 1:44pm

None whatsoever.

-------------

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 2:28pm

doubt it but guess it depends on when the league game is re-arranged for

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 5:45pm
Anyone at home. Rovers in the semi rather than the final imo

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Posted By: Stillhuntinghenry
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 10:04pm
What's the craic with the draw for this ?

-------------
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

What's the craic with the draw for this ?

Apparently on Monday

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 7:42am
It's like the stonecutters, it's A secret

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 11:11am
In another 'you couldn't make it up' moment from the FAI, the draw and press is in Cork at a car shop and on Soccer Republic. Every club has to send one official and the manager.

So assuming Harps win, Derry, Harps, Rovers and Pats have to overnight two people minimum down in Cork for the draw at their own expense.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 11:35am
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

In another 'you couldn't make it up' moment from the FAI, the draw and press is in Cork at a car shop and on Soccer Republic. Every club has to send one official and the manager.

So assuming Harps win, Derry, Harps, Rovers and Pats have to overnight two people minimum down in Cork for the draw at their own expense.

Most clubs would have someone present at these draws anyways? I know we usually would!

I'd suggest whoever travels down from our club will drive home after the draw! Afaik soccer republic is not live these days either?

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 11:46am
Its my understanding that the draw is live at c10pm, so realistically its an overnight.

My point is that dragging 4 groups of officials across the country to please a rural car salesman is a bit much - is there no dealership in Athlone?

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 2:12pm
I hear the draw is now Tuesday.

-------------

Posted By: smart man
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 2:36pm
What's this about a gypsy curse on St Pats. I thought Mayo were the only team with a curse on them?

-------------
alive and kicking

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 2:37pm
Now now CB....

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Now now CB....if it kicks off in this thread, I'll be looking in your direction
don't look at what you can't have, big boy

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Now now CB....if it kicks off in this thread, I'll be looking in your direction
don't look at what you can't have, big boy
LOLI own you all

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 2:45pm
Pats v Rovers final please

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: Funsize Crouchy
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 2:45pm

Pats Facebook page says draw is Monday at 5pm

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Funsize Crouchy Funsize Crouchy wrote:

sssssssssssshhhh

Leave him go with itLOL

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 2:53pm

Do I have to explain what the word 'now' means?

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 3:23pm

Do I have to explain what the word 'now' means?

Your OP was over an hour ago. The status on the pats Facebook was 50 mins ago.

now

Translate Button

[nou]

adverb

at the present time or moment:

You are now using a dictionary.

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 3:49pm
Ok, you hang by the wireless Monday at 5 and let us know how you get on.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 11:26am
Originally posted by smart man smart man wrote:

What's this about a gypsy curse on St Pats. I thought Mayo were the only team with a curse on them?
haven't won it since 61 and lost 7 finals since, 3 in extra time, and have been winning several going into injury time. In the last match at old lansdowne we led three times and lost 4-3

-------------

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 12:05pm

In fairness you do hear a hell of a lot of bollocks in that empty shell of a thing you call a head, but it is probably just the little pea trying to roll back into Mickey Mouse's eye's

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: The Saint
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

haven't won it since 61 and lost 7 finals since, 3 in extra time, and have been winning several going into injury time. In the last match at old lansdowne we led three times and lost 4-3

should have won last one in new lansdowne, went ahead there too.
Last 2 defeats to Derry

-------------
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus

Posted By: Madferret
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 5:10pm
Maybe Pats lost seven finals coz on the day they were shít?? I mean, call me daft for not believing in this Gypsy Meg ate my hamster curse and all, but it could just be the simple explanation No?

A Rovers v Pats final would probably draw more of the neutral in Dublin interest and arguably Pats are a better quality side to watch at an aggregate level, despite Derry having some great individual talent like McEleney, McNamee and McBride. 
But I think Rovers v Derry would draw a far larger attendance and better atmosphere. Would easy top 20k, perhaps 25k once the FAI get their pricing right. €5 for kids & OAPs and fill the place up.

Apologies to Harps fans, don't see them beating any of the other 3 teams.

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Madferret Madferret wrote:

Maybe Pats lost seven finals coz on the day they were shít?? I mean, call me daft for not believing in this Gypsy Meg ate my hamster curse and all, but it could just be the simple explanation No?

A Rovers v Pats final would probably draw more of the neutral in Dublin interest and arguably Pats are a better quality side to watch at an aggregate level, despite Derry having some great individual talent like McEleney, McNamee and McBride. 
But I think Rovers v Derry would draw a far larger attendance and better atmosphere. Would easy top 20k, perhaps 25k once the FAI get their pricing right. €5 for kids & OAPs and fill the place up.

In fairness to the FAI the prices for the cup final in the new LR have been excellent

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 6:54pm

FAI Ford Cup semi-final draw will be next Monday, September 22, at 5pm in FAI HQ. Semi-finals will take place on Sunday, October 5.

He'll be alright I reckon

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 7:02pm

Bump

Maybe the fai have not recieved the e-mail from you yet

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 7:41pm

we drew the first game in 96 in injury time through sheer brilliance from tony Sheridan. We also missed a peno at 1-0 up in the replay deep into the second half only for Shels to break and score ten seconds later. We ve had some rotten luck over the years

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 7:47pm
That's Tuesday the 23rd for himself with the semi-finals next March Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 7:51pm

we drew the first game in 96 in injury time through sheer brilliance from tony Sheridan. We also missed a peno at 1-0 up in the replay deep into the second half only for Shels to break and score ten seconds later. We ve had some rotten luck over the years

Ok, you had a bit of bad luck alright I grant ya. But to ascribe it's reason to some oul hag Witchdoctor's curse from the cartoon page in The Sunday World is stretching things.

You could say many teams are "unlucky" in Cup Finals btw (us against Sligo on Penos, Drogheda losing to last minute winner, etc) "unluckiness" in cup finals just tends to be the nature of the beast.

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Bump

Maybe the fai have not recieved the e-mail from you yet
LOLLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 8:17pm

Ok, you had a bit of bad luck alright I grant ya. But to ascribe it's reason to some oul hag Witchdoctor's curse from the cartoon page in The Sunday World is stretching things.

You could say many teams are "unlucky" in Cup Finals btw (us against Sligo on Penos, Drogheda losing to last minute winner, etc) "unluckiness" in cup finals just tends to be the nature of the beast.

There's bad luck and there's pats! 7 cup final defeats is more than bad luck!

This is our year anyways.........

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 8:19pm
I've had this awful feeling/premonition whatever Pats beat Rovers in the Cup Final this year. Has appeared in several nightmares to me now, Fahey with the winner Cry

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 8:34pm

It would very much appear, that you did indeed make it up!

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

It would very much appear, that you did indeed make it up!
LOL
Wait for the back trackingLOL

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 10:33pm

Tom, do you believe in curses?

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 5:04pm

Draw for the Semis

Finn Harps V Derry
Shams V Saints

Posted By: The U
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 5:06pm
FAI FORD CUP semi-final draw:
Shamrock Rovers v Derry City
 St. Patrick’s Athletic v Finn Harps
 (Ties to be played Sunday, October 5th)

Posted By: KevinM
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by The U The U wrote:

FAI FORD CUP semi-final draw:
Shamrock Rovers v Derry City
 St. Patrick’s Athletic v Finn Harps
 (Ties to be played Sunday, October 5th)
This confirmed draw?

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 5:12pm
Rovers are tweeting that. FAI streaming site had it as i put it up.

Bastid !!

-------------

We play shams. Pats v sheep worriers

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 5:13pm
Pats have tweeted same as Rovers now.

I'll take that as confirmation.

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 5:18pm
Best draw for Pats, should be in final, but then again said that when we drew Shels a few years ago

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 5:19pm
Derry v Pats final, think Pats will finally get it right

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 5:43pm
Any Harps fans on here? What would you expect to bring to this, would love a packed out Richmond 

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by KevinM KevinM wrote:

Any Harps fans on here? What would you expect to bring to this, would love a packed out Richmond 

The bronze and ringerbell like sheep

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 5:49pm
Happy with teb draw but would have preferred rovers at home. Don't think I could take losing to them in the final

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 6:03pm
Happy enough . Will be a hard fought game with Derry giving everything ,,,,,then we"ll batter em .Living for this . W A R . 

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 6:05pm
Load of Shyte posts deleted lads. This thread is not going the way the others did.

Posted By: starryplough
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 6:05pm
Jaysus, everytime I go to post on here, the post disappears LOL

-------------
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by starryplough starryplough wrote:

yours and others SP. sick of every thread turning into the same crap.

I feel your pain though, used to curse RM for deleting posts I was replying too

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 6:09pm
I think the two games are usually on around 2 and 4pm on the Sunday. Would have to assume our game will be on at 4pm so.

It wouldn't surprise me if Derry played for the replay, so I'd expect a battle ahead. Confident enough Nutsy will be shrewd enough though to get the job done though.

I think Harps relied on getting a home draw here to have any hope so you can't look past Pats in the other semi

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 6:09pm

Load of Shyte posts deleted lads. This thread is not going the way the others did.

Was just gonna give ya  Clap when I realised one of mine was axed Embarrassed . 

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 6:10pm
Sham, no longer the people's mod

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 6:10pm
Thumbs UpLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 6:11pm

yours and others SP. sick of every thread turning into the same crap.

I feel your pain though, used to curse RM for deleting posts I was replying too

LOL no bother, was probably for the best

-------------

I think the two games are usually on around 2 and 4pm on the Sunday. Would have to assume our game will be on at 4pm so.

It wouldn't surprise me if Derry played for the replay, so I'd expect a battle ahead. Confident enough Nutsy will be shrewd enough though to get the job done though.

I think Harps relied on getting a home draw here to have any hope so you can't look past Pats in the other semi

Pats twitter said our game is 1.45, presume other will be around 4 mark

Chaps what date is the cup final ?

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 6:12pm

November 2

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 6:14pm

Not sure what we will bring tbh don't think il be down keeping funds for the trip to Germany the following week. Bronze will attend as he lives in Dublin

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 6:14pm

pm BSM with any complaints

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 6:24pm

November 2
Thks Kev Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 6:34pm

pm BSM with any complaints

Still love the Sham

-------------

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 6:46pm

Haha!Only seeing this now as I was out on my farm....I really don't have a notion to be honest. We haven't really had a game of this magnitude in this time so it's hard to tell. Donegal people love a good bandwagon though! How many would it take to fill out the shed? Disappointed as I heard it was the muckers at home 1st but as Ringerbell said it's handy for me as I live in Dublin. Better than Shams away as well atmoshere wise as Richmond Park is a great stadium. Where would be best for away fans to drink before hand? Have only been in Taveys before game but it doesn't strike me as a place a rake of Harps fans could rock up to!!

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 6:47pm
If Pats beat Harps Rovers are in Europe

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 6:48pm
Finner and Deano sorted Derry out last Aug in the league . I know the Cup is different but that night will be on their minds I bet . Got to keep lads fresh and fit . Bozos then Pats then rest till the Semi . Full house with Derry bringing 2.5 k ?? . Nerves a tad tingly even now - what a fortnight ahead of us . 

-------------

Posted By: dudnalkfc10
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 6:53pm

WRONG! Not If Derry win the cup

-------------
Dundalk FC Irelands Number 1

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 6:56pm
.....EDIT: Misread a post

-------------
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 6:58pm

not if we finish third and Derry win the cup

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by dudnalkfc10 dudnalkfc10 wrote:

WRONG! Not If Derry win the cup

Consistent

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by EastStandMan EastStandMan wrote:

Finner and Deano sorted Derry out last Aug in the league . I know the Cup is different but that night will be on their minds I bet . Got to keep lads fresh and fit . Bozos then Pats then rest till the Semi . Full house with Derry bringing 2.5 k ?? . Nerves a tad tingly even now - what a fortnight ahead of us . 

We played ye's off the park that night should have been 4 up at h/t. I'm happy enough with the draw, SDCC stadium pitch suits our style of play, our lads enjoy playing there, absolutely nothing to fear (bar twiggy and his pals)

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 7:18pm
Noddy and big ears RTID? Seriously?

Post deleted.

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 7:19pm
That is some shovel RTID

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 7:21pm

Post deleted.
Every single post needs to be explained to him and he goes mental when he misreads things. Its the politest I could be. 

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 7:26pm

Post deleted.
Every single post needs to be explained to him and he goes mental when he misreads things. Its the politest I could be. 
and I admire your efforts at being politer than normal, I truly do, but maybe next time just explain without the childish remarks at the end. We'll all get on so much better,just you wait and see.

Oh and no need for Dudnalkfc10 or CB to respond to this

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 7:28pm

Post deleted.

Whatever about him, you bullsh*t and backtrack all the time. He doesn't have a thread of his own on bullsh*t? As nuts as he went on the league cup thread, which is mildly understandable if he knows the people. You, yet again stated a fact and got it wrong. Just admit you are wrong once!

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 8:29pm
Happy enough with the draw but would prefer to play rovers now!

I believe we are the best team left and if it was 2 league games to win the league we would beat harps and rovers/Derry but it's not!

sh*tting myself tbh

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 8:51pm

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL ffs you just cant make this sh*t up, this fella is funnier than the road runner and the coyote  beep beep

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 10:54pm

I've had this awful feeling/premonition whatever Pats beat Rovers in the Cup Final this year. Has appeared in several nightmares to me now, Fahey with the winner Cry

Happy enough with a home SF, will be very tight tho.

The nightmare Final premonition lives on Shocked 

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 12:07am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Haha!Only seeing this now as I was out on my farm....I really don't have a notion to be honest. We haven't really had a game of this magnitude in this time so it's hard to tell. Donegal people love a good bandwagon though! How many would it take to fill out the shed? Disappointed as I heard it was the muckers at home 1st but as Ringerbell said it's handy for me as I live in Dublin. Better than Shams away as well atmoshere wise as Richmond Park is a great stadium. Where would be best for away fans to drink before hand? Have only been in Taveys before game but it doesn't strike me as a place a rake of Harps fans could rock up to!!

Coffeys across the road from taveys be more welcoming towards away fans! Afaik away fans always allowed in there although rovers may have ruined that after their last visit

Posted By: dudnalkfc10
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 12:32am

Coffeys across the road from taveys be more welcoming towards away fans! Afaik away fans always allowed in there although rovers may have ruined that after their last visit

Yeh thats the one we were in this season Coffeys

-------------
Dundalk FC Irelands Number 1

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by dudnalkfc10 dudnalkfc10 wrote:

Yeh thats the one we were in this season Coffeys
After seeing the video and recent reports of Shams fans behaviour I'm not surprised...I'd be confident we can act with a bit of decorumThumbs Up

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 5:15pm
Supposedly it's all ticket and we're getting a very meager allocation. This true? 

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 5:24pm

Supposedly it's all ticket and we're getting a very meager allocation. This true? 

All games are all ticket in Richmond. Allocation will probably be whatever you want. Do you reckon more than 200 will make he journey down?

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 6:00pm

All games are all ticket in Richmond. Allocation will probably be whatever you want. Do you reckon more than 200 will make he journey down?

300/400 at a guess. could be wildly potimistic or pessimistic with that!32 names down for a bus already and that was with no promotion so early signs are good...will know better after our match fri how ticket sales are going. Nearly be a full house you reckon?

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 6:27pm
We had three 52 seaters full already for this last night. I hazard a guess that we will bring 500 to this

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 6:38pm

Not a hope, if you want 1000 tickets you will get 1000 tickets!

As regards full house it's hard to say as were fully expected to win so the big day out support might wait till the final!

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 6:55pm

Ffs you will get how many you want, the shed, half the camac and stand tickets if you can sell them all

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 6:56pm

We had three 52 seaters full already for this last night. I hazard a guess that we will bring 500 to this

Delighted to hear it. Are you booked up yourself SHH?

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net