You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Croatia for a holiday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

pray for Mojo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mojo Risin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Croatia for a holiday
    Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 1:11am
Anyone been? Group of us just doin a sun holiday this summer. Croatia has been thrown about as an idea. I remember hearing a few years back that it was becoming the new Ibiza. Just wonderin if people would recommend it?
Ahh heya!
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 1:40am
Know a few that have been over there before and have all been positive with their reports. They are going back this year to split and hvar in July for the ultra Europe festival
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 1:48am
Went there on my holidays last summer with the missus. Flew into Dubrovnik and island hopped from there to Korcula, Hvar and then over to Makarska via Split. Makarska was a kip and i'd avoid it at all costs. Korcula was really quiet and nice for just relaxing all day down by the sea, but Hvar was the party island. Only this is, its expensive to eat and drink there. Dubrovnik was also quality and had a few good spots for partying. All in all Croatia Thumbs Up

El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 7:50am
Spent a month travelling around Craotia about 4 years ago.  Nice country, some really beautiful areas.  Dubrovnik is very good although pretty expensive.  Split is probably the best city.  My advise would be to stay away from Zagreb, absolute dump was supposed to spend 4 nights in it ended up leaving after the 2nd night.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 7:59am
Great spot ... well recommended .
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 8:03am
I travelled all over Croatia, even went to Medjugorje (our lady appeared there) for a look - beautiful scenery - clear water - not as cheap as you would imagine - you can take a day trip from split to Venice which is well worth it.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 8:38am
For a lads holiday I would recommend split. I've also heard great things about hvar which is about 30 mins on a ferry from split. Partied like crazy in split a few years back. Nightclubs/bars on stilts overlooking the beaches were open to 6 in the morning. Had great time with friends from Bosnia and Croatia. The Croatian women are gorgeous. a local lass who was going out with one of the lads was telling us that if ya watch them they are constantly checking the lads out to see if they are marriage material. Honestly she said they were brought up thinking they had to find and marry a rich fella.

Highly recommend it...

And if ye go then I recommend he head to the flintstones restaurant...its way up in the mountains in the middle of nowhere but its some experience. Google it
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 8:41am
Croatian women are the greatest in the world
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 9:42am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Know a few that have been over there before and have all been positive with their reports. They are going back this year to split and hvar in July for the ultra Europe festival

We're doing a bit of inter-railing in July and going to Croatia for that, only €50 for 2 day tickets and a mate was in Hvar last year and said it was unreal!
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 10:06am
Loved Croatia, went with my brother a few years ago and would of the most chilled out relaxing holidays I have ever been on and loved every bit of it. 

Except for the poor Ozzie guy who was suffering with depression and was abused by his father in the bush in Oz and was travelling around Europe to escape from. Decided to follow me and hang around with me for an afternoon and the only thing that got rid of him was the Armagh V Tyrone all Ireland Final.   Pat Spillane was right after all. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 10:07am
Love this part of the world. Hvar is the party island if you're looking for boozing - Dubrovnik too but a lot more expensive.

Have a look at Budva, Montenegro too - bout 90mns in a shuttle from Dubrovnik airport, much cheaper, great beach, great nightlife, and full of Easter European holiday makers (lots of yummy Polish/Russian ladies)
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 10:37am
We stayed on an island called Mljet for a couple of weeks . Went there cos we seen it on one of these top 5 islands to see list jobbies . It's near enough to Dubrovnik for flying in and out . Tiny place ye could cycle around in an hour or two . Ye would see the B&B/restaurant owner out fishing for your dinner during the day . Quality spot but probably not if your goin for a session .
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Andkend Andkend wrote:

I travelled all over Croatia, even went to Medjugorje (our lady appeared there) for a look - beautiful scenery - clear water - not as cheap as you would imagine - you can take a day trip from split to Venice which is well worth it.

If you can afford it, spend a night in Venice. I had great craic the one night I was there, although that was probably only cos I spent it in a hostel and ended up drinking with some hot Australian girls. Not that I have much against day trips, but the place isn't a theme park. Apparently the population drops over 50% at night.
Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Croatian women are the greatest in the world
Whatever you're into double B. 

Confused Wacko 
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 9:28pm
Would Split be the best place for a lads holiday in Croatia? 

Not going til' after Faro in September so want to find a place that won't be dead as its after peak season. Croatia is 1 of the possibilities
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Would Split be the best place for a lads holiday in Croatia? 

Not going til' after Faro in September so want to find a place that won't be dead as its after peak season. Croatia is 1 of the possibilities

Fly to split and get the ferry over to Hvar - the party Island. It's great craic.
Croatian women are unbelievable.

Edited by ZinedineKibane - 12 Apr 2015 at 9:46pm

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 1:25pm
Yeah would second Hvar for the lads holiday
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 5:28pm
Any good Irish bars? Do they serve chips? Can you watch Liverpool? Don't mind foreign birds, can ya pull a mot from Inchicore?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic