You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Coventry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 22>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2021 at 2:55pm
Live on BT Sport 1 HD.
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 5:08pm
Seen his cameo today for West Ham. Was very impressive ability to pick out a pass second to none. Was quality opposition today and West Ham played all their bright lights in midfield yet he saw 25 mins. A lot of minutes there for him in the Cups/Europa this season and with Noble pushing on there’s surely some of Nobles minutes for him to rob too. 

Himself Kilkenny Noss Johansson etc hopefully we see midfielders really kick on. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 1:30pm
On the bench for the Newcastle game as expected. Would be great to see him get some game time this season. Needs to be getting senior football at this stage of his career now.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

On the bench for the Newcastle game as expected. Would be great to see him get some game time this season. Needs to be getting senior football at this stage of his career now.

If he comes off.the bench today that would be fantastic. He's had a great preseason. Randolph, Odubeko and okoflex don't make the squad but that's probably not a surprise.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 1:38pm
By my reckoning, this is the 11th time he'll have made the bench for a PL game without getting on. I wonder what the record is?
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 1:50pm
I wouldn’t be panicking if he didn’t get off the bench today. Cup games and Europa League games I expect will be there for him this side of Christmas and thats a decent share of games. If he can get off the bench today of course that’s a bonus. 

West Ham ain’t teeming with depth in midfield so an injury or two brings him in also. Noble is about 55 too he can’t go on forever so if Coventry impresses the hope is there’s a gap for him to start taking Nobles minutes as the season goes on. I’m hopeful for him. 

From speaking to a West Ham fan the consensus is that although similar to Cullen Coventry has far more potential then he does. If that proves to be correct we would take that. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

By my reckoning, this is the 11th time he'll have made the bench for a PL game without getting on. I wonder what the record is?

No idea of the record but Will Ferry was on the bench for Southampton 16 times last year without getting onand 4 times the season prior.

Edited by Bandwagon - 15 Aug 2021 at 2:36pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

No idea of the record but Will Ferry was on the bench for Southampton 16 times last year without getting onand 4 times the season prior.

Bryan Ferry has a better chance of getting game time for Southampton.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 3:01pm
Maybe he'll cross the Mersey and play for Tranmere. Trevor Carson, a NI international keeper and nephew of the late comedian Frank Carson, spent an entire season about ten years ago on the bench for Sunderland as back-up for Craig Gordon. Conor Coventry will get his chance this season, I believe. Noble is done and Rice will fill his boots and go to Chelsea or Man Utd when the time comes. Moyes would have sent Coventry out on loan if he didn't intend to play him.
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Maybe he'll cross the Mersey and play for Tranmere. Trevor Carson, a NI international keeper and nephew of the late comedian Frank Carson, spent an entire season about ten years ago on the bench for Sunderland as back-up for Craig Gordon. Conor Coventry will get his chance this season, I believe. Noble is done and Rice will fill his boots and go to Chelsea or Man Utd when the time comes. Moyes would have sent Coventry out on loan if he didn't intend to play him.

That was an urban myth about Trevor Carson and Frank being related
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

I think it depends on the transfer window. Alex Kral has been discussed as a potential arrival. Also, Moyes plays a fairly unorthodox system in many ways, with no natural centre forward, and often a natural AM in the CM role, partnering Soucek, and with Rice behind.

At the moment WH are pretty threadbare and as a result youth is getting a chance to be involved. But that will only remain the case if the window doesnt have any further arrivals.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 7:17pm
interesting clip concerning both Jack Taylor and Coventry but have filed it under the Coventry thread as it’s more eyecatching. Taylor it’s a case hamstring issue is coming good vibe I got is this weekend too soon but will definitely be back by next weekend! 

Coventry the significant one 45 seconds in Ferguson mentions a CM that was due in on loan but is now likely staying with the 1st team! Coventry was linked heavily it sounds like it was him he was talking about. 

Edited by kevin100 - 20 Aug 2021 at 7:17pm
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 8:33pm
Interesting. But didnt they hold onto him last season for the first team too? 
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

interesting clip concerning both Jack Taylor and Coventry but have filed it under the Coventry thread as it’s more eyecatching. Taylor it’s a case hamstring issue is coming good vibe I got is this weekend too soon but will definitely be back by next weekend! 

Coventry the significant one 45 seconds in Ferguson mentions a CM that was due in on loan but is now likely staying with the 1st team! Coventry was linked heavily it sounds like it was him he was talking about. 

Taylors third hamstring in a short space of time.  Hoping there isn't an ongoing weakness there. 

Coventry was publicly linked about ten days ago. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2021 at 10:40pm
4-1 up tonight against 10 men and still it was Noble rather than Coventry that got the token five minutes at the end. Looks like another season of benchwarming ahead for him if there is no loan move in the next week or so.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2021 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

4-1 up tonight against 10 men and still it was Noble rather than Coventry that got the token five minutes at the end. Looks like another season of benchwarming ahead for him if there is no loan move in the next week or so.

I suspect that west ham will look to pull out the stops for Lingard before the window closes which will take another place opportunity from Coventry.

Even if that doesn't happen, Coventry will get a cameo in Cup games this season at best and as a result will have wasted another year. He really needs to be playing football this season.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I suspect that west ham will look to pull out the stops for Lingard before the window closes which will take another place opportunity from Coventry.

Even if that doesn't happen, Coventry will get a cameo in Cup games this season at best and as a result will have wasted another year. He really needs to be playing football this season.

Completely different type of players in different positions, Coventry is in competition with Soucek, Rice and Noble for the holding positions. Noble is retiring the end of this season and I feel Coventry is going to tested as his replacement over the course of the season.

From our point of view we could do with him playing games but this is make or break season for him to try edge his way into the senior team at West Ham. They've a sh*t tonne more games with the Europa League this season, so I reckon he will get his chance.

Worst come to worst he ends up leaving like Cullen did at 23/24.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 6:31am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Lawrenson was on OTB yesterday and mentioned that Moyes had told him that they had gotten Lingard at a good time because he had very little external distractions because of the lockdowns/restrictions that were in place at the time. He concentrated on football and his performances showed that.

As for Noble over Coventry, I think Noble will be getting a lot of token appearances because it's his final year. At the end of the day, some of our players need to wake up and realise they need regular football, not matter the level.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 22>
  Share Topic