You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cillian Sheridan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 42>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

Used too Work with a nurse from cavan that is friendly with him...said the problem with cillian is that he just doesn't really care that much. Too fond of the pints and the craic, can't blame him I suppose to him its just a job.

Throw up a pic of this Nurse in uniform and we'll decide ....

Ha, lovely girl but not lovely looking
Sponsored Links

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 1:30pm

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Used too Work with a nurse from cavan that is friendly with him...said the problem with cillian is that he just doesn't really care that much. Too fond of the pints and the craic, can't blame him I suppose to him its just a job.

I'd say this wouldn't go down well with Keane or O'Neill. I'd say both would consider his career path to be a bit of a cop out. That said, there's no doubt that he's been applying himself more in the last couple of years, and his record has constantly improved

Yeah be hard to argue with calling his career a cop out. It's just one of the flaws of the modern game. 25 years ago he would have being forced to put the back in but now the money even journey men get it's too easy to go through the motions especially if you already have real talent.
For its worth I'd call him up for the upcoming friendlies. It might put a rocket underneath him, get him a more lucrative club contract somewhere, or it might do f**k all. The bottom line is we don't have enough talent to just do nothing but I reckon he could just be another white hope.

That may have been the case earlier in his career but he's changed tack in recent years. He's been using a sports psychologist, puts a lot of his improvement down to that and wishes he'd done it earlier in his career. He should be in the squad on merit given how short we are up front.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/paul-rouse/cillian-sheridan-walking-away-from-excuses-and-scoring-lots-of-goals-386625.html
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 4:52pm
I remember him posting a picture of himself on social media with a bottle of wine during an international break and said something along the lines of "The upside of not being selected in a 64 man squad!"
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 4:54pm
yesterday's volley was a thing of beauty,  left  the goalie stranded 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

I remember him posting a picture of himself on social media with a bottle of wine during an international break and said something along the lines of "The upside of not being selected in a 64 man squad!"

What a ****! His sense of humour is getting out of hand!
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 2:16am
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

I'd say this wouldn't go down well with Keane or O'Neill. I'd say both would consider his career path to be a bit of a cop out. That said, there's no doubt that he's been applying himself more in the last couple of years, and his record has constantly improved

Which is whats wrong with Irish football. Because he shown initiative to look beyond the UK and expand his football. Actually going to leagues where he could win a title or a league cup and also compete regularly in the Europa league and Champions League.

I just dont understand the be all and end all of England, aside from wages and language barriers.

Id have done the same as him, id rather be in Cyprus or Bulgaria putting a shift in competing for titles/Europe than in the doldrums of the English league 1/2 living in sh*tholes like Luton, S****horpe or Grimsby etc..

Its always been the case too with the likes of Dominic Foley being ignored while playing some regular ball in the top flights in Portugal and Belgium, also playing in Europe for the guts of 10 years..
1874eire View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1874eire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 9:56pm
Same with Phil Babb, Ian Harte and Steve Finnan. All three of them were squad/team regulars until they went abroad and found themselves ditched in favour of championship players.
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 10:07am
And you'd imagine there would be enough volunteers to travel around Europe to check on the progress of our players, and head on a bit of a junket. 

Sheridan is on form as of late and I'd much rather see him in the team than Murphy.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 8:20am
Originally posted by 1874eire 1874eire wrote:

Same with Phil Babb, Ian Harte and Steve Finnan. All three of them were squad/team regulars until they went abroad and found themselves ditched in favour of championship players.
To be fair - Phil Babb got called back into the team by McCarthy after some good performances for Sporting Lisbon. He scored an og away to Russia in his return game and I think that was the last game he played.
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
Gallowgate 67 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gallowgate 67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 1:25pm
I met Cillian a few times in his younger days with celtic ...Real pleasant chap with a very easy going personality.

At 6-5 he is an imposing figure but has good skill on the floor ...I thought he would really go places I remember him and two more Irish boys called Paul Cahillane and graham Carey  tearing up Scottish football and even standing out in european youth tounaments ..

Cahillane esp was a great talent.
The Whisperer View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Whisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 2:43pm
How is this man not in the squad. 

The myth about him playing in weaker leagues is nonsense. Kevin Doyle currently playing in MLS, Im sure the polish league is every bit as good as the mls. No offence to seanie maguire and the LOI but if maguire is in the next squad ahead of sheridan it is an absolute farce. 

The man is in form in a competitive league, MON open your eyes.
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 5:51pm
Sheridan deserves a shot.

Not taking Doyle to the Euros but using him in friendlies makes no sense.
johnnybegood1 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnybegood1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 10:13pm
Agree with you. Polish league is everybit as good as MLS.
Tommy47 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 1:42pm
hi there.

here is the latest interview with Cillian done by Przeglad Sportowy (a leading football newspaper in Poland) original text  in polish here THE LINK  http://www.przegladsowy.pl/magazyn-przegladu-sowego,cillian-sheridan-jagiellonia-bialystok-bedzie-mistrzem-polski,artykul,776779,1,13283.html

SHERIDAN: (QUOTE) Polish ekstralasa has a higher level of play than Scottish Premier League.

Cillian Sheridan's new striker, Cirian Sheridan, talks about his unusual career in a long conversation. He admires that he did not start with football, which he had been training since the age of 14. Irishman talks about a quick chance in Celtic, Arthur Boruc, the Irish national team, his former clubs, Jaga's chances of being a champion and a disco polo over ... music from Bulgaria and Cyprus. Maciej Wąsowski: I heard that your first sport was not football at all. It is true? Cillian Sheridan: That's right. I started with gaelic football. In Ireland, this is a national sport. Outside of my country, this is a completely unknown discipline. This is a game in which you can use both hands and legs. You can run with the ball in your hands, you can kick it. There are two goals. Depending on which you hit, you earn more points. Briefly. The rules of this sport are more complicated. It can be said that this is a combination of football and rugby. Do you have a professional "gaelic football" league in Ireland? It's hard to call it a real league. It's more amateur sport but very popular, universal and mass. Where I grew up (in Cavan County, NJ), when you're a kid, you play with peers in "peil ghaelach" (so called Irish sports). You can say that I was raised on this game.

Apparently you started playing football until you were 14 years old. It's not too late for a professional footballer? Not in normal football (Sheridan uses the word soccer - we also played). It was not as organized as gaelic football but often, for example, when I went to a mate, we played football. Seriously I started training at the age of 14 after moving to Dublin. We trained on Wednesdays, we played games on weekends. Later, he still had a training session on Saturday. At that time regular matches took place on Sunday. Was your first club - Belvedere FC? Previously, there was a Bailieboro team from the Sunday League. When I played in it, I appeared on tests for youth U-15 Ireland. I did not get. I was then reminded that when I play regularly in the Dublin school district, that might change and that is why I decided to play Belvedere because they played in this competition. Talent hunters from England or Scotland come to these Irish youth teams and search for the most interesting young players. I treated it as a chance. But did you come to Belvedere to represent U-17 in Ireland? So from amateur club to caddy? With the fact that we played in the junior league at Belvedere. It could be said that it was an academy like those in Europe. None of the coaches paid for their work, and the club did not have a senior team. Then I got a call as one of three players who still played in Ireland. The other representatives have already played in youth teams in England and Scotland. After this call several clubs called me. I started to run tests. I was in three or four places. Everywhere I was thanked, apart from ... Celtic Glasgow, where I was offered a junior contract.

And after a year playing juniors you started training with the first team? Somehow it worked out. Flash speed It was in 2007. Then the Celtic players were Poles Maciej Żurawski and Artur Boruc. Have you had a chance to meet them in the locker room? As a junior I often met first team players in a training center, including theirs. As we passed, I did not try to talk to them. I just thought "wow they are!". Both were the leading players in The Bhoys? They were great. The Celtic hit the season (2005/06 ed.), Where Żurawski scored a lot of goals (exactly 16 - ed.). It was then he got the nickname "Magic". Much talked about. When I got to the first team, it changed the club. So we did not train too much together. About Arthur I do not think I need to remind you. He was a star not only of the club, but of the whole league. "Holie Golie" had incredible performances, especially in the Champions League. Several times we played together. Cetlic was then Gordon Strachan. How much do you owe him? It was the guy who put me on. He gave me a debut on the first band. Strachan is a professional. He has a great reputation in the Isles. For me, it's one of the best managers I've worked with. Can you compare him to Michael Probierz? Very similarly they behave in training. Similar expressions, exercises and intensity of classes. More say for now, I can not because even though the coach talks a lot with me in English, most of the commands are handed over to the whole team in Polish. Just after three matches in the first Celtic squad you played in the Champions League against Manchester United (0: 3). Not much of this I remember, because I was this show a little ... surprised. I came in at the end of the meeting. 10 or 12 minutes. I remember when I stood on the sideline, I just realized how big the stadium is Old Trafford. Several times I tried to attack on pressing Rooney or Tevez. So much for my head. Why did not you stay longer in Glasgow? After performances in the Champions League, could you expect him to play more often? At the club decided that I have to catch the experience. I was under 20 years old. In winter I went to loan to Motherwell. Until the end of the season there I played, and just after these matches Strachan decided to leave the club. It was a problem for me. He valued me as a player, he gave me a chance. Later in Glasgow no one trusted me so. Besides, I myself knew that I was still young and I am missing a lot of players fighting for my place in the squad. I was short of fire. These performances in the Champions League, the matches in the first team Celtic, it somehow too soon came. In all, you were rented three times. Motherwell, Plymouth, St. Johnstone. Why has not anywhere been able to warm up for more than half a year? So many loans it could have been a mistake? Such was my contract. On the other hand I could stay in Celtic, but without the guarantee of regular play. It was easy - place in a wide frame I would probably have, cool conditions for training, good salary. I knew I would play mostly in the reserves. I considered it a waste of time. I would not develop.

In the end, however, you decided on an unusual step, from the point of view of the player in the Islands. Where did the idea of ​​transferring to Bulgarian CSKA Sofia? When I first got a call saying that I had a proposal from CSKA, I thought, "What? Bulgaria? There is no chance he will pass. " However, later, I began to wonder if I could actually choose to play Celtic, another loan or try something completely different. I treated this as a challenge, a new experience. I checked that CSKA Sofia is a leading Bulgarian team and I decided to try it. I risked. Staying in Bulgaria was a difficult time for you? As long as we played for the first 2-3 months in the Europa League it was even OK. Problems started later. First, change coaches. The one who pulled me off was released. There appeared the second, then the third. I was there with myself. I felt a little deserted. Suddenly I stopped playing. New coaches have stopped me. In retrospect, I think I could have done better there. Allegedly one of the reasons why you left CSKA was the music played in the locker room ... Chalga! Oh, it was not good music! I tried not to listen to her, but it did not work, because the local players often let her go. Now even when we talk, I do not recall the melody, but I know one thing ... I hated her. I had similar allergies later in Cyprus. Greek music is also tiring. How do you find yourself in Jagiellonian with disco polo? Do you know that in our country Bialystok is known as the capital of this genre of music? I know. I've heard a few songs. This is something better than the Bulgarian and Greek rhythms. Music probably is important in your life, if you pay attention to it. Do you have any special tastes? Honestly, I listen to everything. For me the message is important. Maybe also because I do not like too much foreign music, because it is difficult to understand and remember the content of a piece. Later, again, a loan was made, this time with CSKA to Scottish. Johnstone. I have had a contract year ahead of me. I was not happy with myself. I wanted to show in Bulgaria that I really am a good athlete. I was not real me. I decided to rebuild in St. Louis. Johnstone and I will return to Sofia again. So I did. However, during the summer preparations for CSKA, financial and organizational problems began. There was a problem with regular payouts. So we agreed to terminate the contract, then returned to Scotland. I got to Kilmarnock and it turned out to be a very good move, at least initially. Later, trouble started again. The injury and the lack of performances began. How did you suddenly come to Cyprus? ... Cyprus to APOEL Nicosia? Paulo Sergio coached me. He knew me from the matches I played against his Hearts in the Scottish Premier League. He phoned and asked if I would be interested in the transfer at all. I did not even think much. APOEL was already known in Europe, because he was shown earlier in the Champions League.

Time spent in Nicosia was the best in your career? Given the achievements, sure yes. I was more shaped as a footballer and more aware as a man. I was also completely different in playing the APOEL Champions League. For the Celtic, it was not something special because Parkhead played in the Champions League every season. In Nicosia, they were promoted to the group stage, but it was always treated as something unusual. With APOEL, it was harder to win a place in LM, which made it even more appreciated. I felt great satisfaction and I had the feeling that I care a lot. I was one of the top players, I played regularly. In such a situation, the success is completely different than when you are coming from the junior's bench, as in the Celtic. After two seasons and two championships you went to your local rival, Nicosia. The fans were not angry? My contract has expired. APOEL CEOs told me they did not want to sign a new one. I was a freelancer. This situation lasted a few weeks. During their call several times, Omonia manager Kostas Kaiafas called me. Besides, I did not have many other offers and so I decided. I was already known in Cyprus. Omonia was the most specific. The fans obviously did not jump for joy, but that was another situation for me, because at APOEL I was thankful they said they did not want me. I had a pure head. The time spent in Omonia was also good, because I shot a lot (27 goals in 63 matches). This winter your transfer to Jagiellonia has been long. Jaga made offers and Omonia rejected them. Did you know that? I knew what was going on. First time I was in this situation. Every day, other information appeared. My agent spoke and kept saying he was close. It was for a month and the transfer did not occur. Finally, someone in Omonia changed his mind. I just learned that everything is settled, I packed up and was on my way to Poland. That in the colors of Omonia you played against the Jagiellonian in the European League qualifiers (Sheridan scored the only goal in the 2004 edition) was it important that you decided on this transfer? Not completely. One of the things that helped me in making the decision was the stadium. He made a really big impression on me. Of course, I also spoke to Ivan Runje (former Omonia player, who played in Yarm since July 1, 2015). He told me how everything in the club functions. Moving to Jagiellonia I knew it was a good move. Everything is arranged just as I expected. There are no surprises. Three goals and two assists in five matches for Jagiellonia. Have you ever performed so well in a new club? So good i guess never. It was also good in Kilmarnock (4 goals in three matches - ed.), But it was not over. Maybe now it comes from the fact that I came during the season. I have been playing in Cyprus all the time. I feel and feel good physically. It is self-confidence, and for a footballer it is very important. I play on my favorite position of the striker. I'm the most advanced player I like. In Omonia I was also exposed as a wolf, but I prefer to be a typical "nine". Feels really comfortable. This is not just because I shoot goals. In the first three meetings I did not score, but I heard that I played well. I knew the goal was a matter of time and once I hit it, it would go away. You won the championship with APOEL and Celtic. Do you think that in Jagiellonia there is now also a team that can reach the title? If we are at the top of the table at this stage of the game, then I do not see any reason why it would otherwise be at the end of the season. 28 queues have been played, so there are nine matches left. If we play so far, then we are able to win the whole game. Of course, all four of the first teams (next to Jagiellonia, Legia, Lechia and Lech) are close to each other in the table, but I believe we will be the best. How do you assess the league level against the Scottish or Cypriot league? I would say it is slightly higher than the Scottish Premier League level. Cyprus is completely different. There is a lot of peace. The league is much more intense - such a hard, physical game. For example, in my first two matches in Poland I was not able to run for more than 70 minutes. Just legs suddenly refused to obey me. I did not understand that at first, because in Cyprus I belonged to the runners who ran the whole meeting. In Poland, the fight against ball defenders is more felt, and it probably means that you have to give more physical and strength to yourself.

Time spent in Nicosia was the best in your career? Given the achievements, sure yes. I was more shaped as a footballer and more aware as a man. I was also completely different in playing the APOEL Champions League. For the Celtic, it was not something special because Parkhead played in the Champions League every season. In Nicosia, they were promoted to the group stage, but it was always treated as something unusual. With APOEL, it was harder to win a place in LM, which made it even more appreciated. I felt great satisfaction and I had the feeling that I care a lot. I was one of the top players, I played regularly. In such a situation, the success is completely different than when you are coming from the junior's bench, as in the Celtic. After two seasons and two championships you went to your local rival, Nicosia. The fans were not angry? My contract has expired. APOEL CEOs told me they did not want to sign a new one. I was a freelancer. This situation lasted a few weeks. During their call several times, Omonia manager Kostas Kaiafas called me. Besides, I did not have many other offers and so I decided. I was already known in Cyprus. Omonia was the most specific. The fans obviously did not jump for joy, but that was another situation for me, because at APOEL I was thankful they said they did not want me. I had a pure head. The time spent in Omonia was also good, because I shot a lot (27 goals in 63 matches). This winter your transfer to Jagiellonia has been long. Jaga made offers and Omonia rejected them. Did you know that? I knew what was going on. First time I was in this situation. Every day, other information appeared. My agent spoke and kept saying he was close. It was for a month and the transfer did not occur. Finally, someone in Omonia changed his mind. I just learned that everything is settled, I packed up and was on my way to Poland. That in the colors of Omonia you played against the Jagiellonian in the European League qualifiers (Sheridan scored the only goal in the 2004 edition) was it important that you decided on this transfer? Not completely. One of the things that helped me in making the decision was the stadium. He made a really big impression on me. Of course, I also spoke to Ivan Runje (former Omonia player, who played in Yarm since July 1, 2015). He told me how everything in the club functions. Moving to Jagiellonia I knew it was a good move. Everything is arranged just as I expected. There are no surprises. Three goals and two assists in five matches for Jagiellonia. Have you ever performed so well in a new club? So good i guess never. It was also good in Kilmarnock (4 goals in three matches - ed.), But it was not over. Maybe now it comes from the fact that I came during the season. I have been playing in Cyprus all the time. I feel and feel good physically. It is self-confidence, and for a footballer it is very important. I play on my favorite position of the striker. I'm the most advanced player I like. In Omonia I was also exposed as a wolf, but I prefer to be a typical "nine". Feels really comfortable. This is not just because I shoot goals. In the first three meetings I did not score, but I heard that I played well. I knew the goal was a matter of time and once I hit it, it would go away. You won the championship with APOEL and Celtic. Do you think that in Jagiellonia there is now also a team that can reach the title? If we are at the top of the table at this stage of the game, then I do not see any reason why it would otherwise be at the end of the season. 28 queues have been played, so there are nine matches left. If we play so far, then we are able to win the whole game. Of course, all four of the first teams (next to Jagiellonia, Legia, Lechia and Lech) are close to each other in the table, but I believe we will be the best. How do you assess the league level against the Scottish or Cypriot league? I would say it is slightly higher than the Scottish Premier League level. Cyprus is completely different. There is a lot of peace. The league is much more intense - such a hard, physical game. For example, in my first two matches in Poland I was not able to run for more than 70 minutes. Just legs suddenly refused to obey me. I did not understand that at first, because in Cyprus I belonged to the runners who ran the whole meeting. In Poland, the fight against ball defenders is more felt, and it probably means that you have to give more physical and strength to yourself.

Dividing the points after the main season is weird for you? These are the rules, so now we do not do anything about it. But in my opinion it is a bit unfair. Since, as a club we have played well throughout the season and we have over ten teams in the top ten, we suddenly have only five points more. This can affect the championship. Even worse are the teams from the middle of the table, which will suddenly have a slight advantage over the drop zone. I do not understand it completely. This is a bit unfair. You have played three matches in Ireland for the time being. Get you more? Do you still think about the frame? For the last two or three years, I thought I could come in handy. It was written that I was in the circle of interest, but the appointment did not come. The British media after your visit to Jagiellonia quoted Ireland national team manager Martin O'Neill, who said he would fly to Poland to see you in action. Have you had any contact from the staff staff? No, no one spoke. And I doubt anyone would even speak, even if someone actually comes to the game. Of course I do not know the coach O'Neill, but I doubt I will get a call with the instructions "what do I have to do to play again". Of course, it is nice to hear such statements about yourself from the coach. I treat this as something positive, because during my performances in Cyprus I did not hear him mentioned in some speech. This is cool, but I come to this with great calm. How do you like it in Bialystok? Is it a good place to live? It is very nice, but definitely cooler than Cyprus. My girlfriend will come to me soon, so it will be even better. Seriously, the people here are very friendly here. Everyone is extremely helpful. At the club, it feels like everyone is close, like a family. Not only footballers, coaches, but also club staff. Feel that Bialystok Jagiellonia is very important for people. This can be seen not only during matches, but also in everyday life. Do you know any Polish words already? Barely a few. Mainly the ones that are supposed to help me on the pitch. I also have problems with the pronunciation of words, where side by side stand "s" and with "and" c "and" with ". For me, saying these words seems impossible. But I will work on it. Have you tried any Polish dishes yet? I had the opportunity to eat this potato dish ... How was she called ... "babka" Grandma! Very good, I recommend!

thanks for reading
hope you like it.

Also the article above forgets to mention it but Sheridan was chosen to top eleven in EKSTRAKLASA round 28. Picture below.

ENTER THE DRAGON

Edited by Tommy47 - 15 Apr 2017 at 3:47pm
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 4:23pm
Scored again on Saturday to give them a 1-0 win.

Thats 4 goals, 3 assists in 7 for Bialystok. Should have had another goal, but it was incorrectly credited as an OG.

Nothing to be sniffed at, its time for MON to call him.

Total season stats between Cyprus/Poland: Played 34, Scored 13, Assisted 11 ...with 7 more games to go.
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 5:10pm
The Polish league has finished. Sheridan's team finished top, 1 point ahead of Legia Warsaw. Don't know how many qualification games they have to play to get into the CL though
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 5:18pm
Hasn't finished. There's a split after 30 games. Top 8 / Bottom 8. They have 7 more games to play.
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by GUFC_Andy GUFC_Andy wrote:

The Polish league has finished. Sheridan's team finished top, 1 point ahead of Legia Warsaw. Don't know how many qualification games they have to play to get into the CL though

It hasnt finished, after everyones played each other twice (16 teams, so 30 games), the league is split into 2.

Top 8 teams, and 8 bottom teams.

Top 8 play each other again once. So 7 more games. Its points based and cumulative to your points tally from the first 30 games , no different than the regular season. Its just making it more competitive and having a 37 game season instead of 45.

8 bottom is the same deal.

Edited by valo88 - 24 Apr 2017 at 5:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 42>
  Share Topic