Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chris Hughton

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 12:11am
FAI are pleased to announce Arry Redknapp as our new manager

Imagine the players he would bring in.  Some Croatian lad with an Irish granny.

Nick O'Kranjcar
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 12:35am
Former Swansea City manager Steve Cooper is a leading candidate to become Nottingham Forest's new boss after the Championship club sacked Chris Hughton. (Guardian)

He'd be a better option! 
Idah Dream!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 11:36am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Here here
The ybig echo chamber LOL keep it up lads, you’re doing great. Clap

Maybe we could just create a new topic called the 'Kenny out echo chamber' where the loud minority of posters like B6 6HE can copy and paste the same garbage piffle they've been posting for months into and the rest of us can just ignore it.
The same lads have spammed this forum so much they reckon they represent 50% of the fans, despite the 2 largest fans forums holding polls and both were 80-20 splits LOL

It's is really interesting the split , now i don't think it would change to where 51% would want Kenny replaced even if we lost the next 4 games .

Modern football is what the fans want no matter what the results it seems .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Boondock View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boondock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 1:18pm
Lennon had great results in a one team league, but any year Rangers were about it all went a bit wrong
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Boondock Boondock wrote:

Lennon had great results in a one team league, but any year Rangers were about it all went a bit wrong

Lennon won 2 titles and Gerrard won 1.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 2:50pm
Hughton wouldn't be a bad manager. The problem with Hughton is he is more of the same. 

If you want to go off to Copenhagen and watch Ireland play lets kick the ball away from our half all game then that's great, Ive had it with that sh*te. Trap, O'Neill and McCarthy 2 - that football disgusts me. It's outdated and sh*te, and guess what it hasn't worked the past 4 years either. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Former Swansea City manager Steve Cooper is a leading candidate to become Nottingham Forest's new boss after the Championship club sacked Chris Hughton. (Guardian)

He'd be a better option! 

Steve Cooper's biggest problem is that he looks like a fella that has been on the devil's lettuce for the last week. I'd be very surprised if he would take the Forrest job, let alone us.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

He'd be a better option! 

Steve Cooper's biggest problem is that he looks like a fella that has been on the devil's lettuce for the last week. I'd be very surprised if he would take the Forrest job, let alone us.

Smile Indeed, himself and Gareth Ainsworth would make a fine pair. Tony's interviews post game would be good craic though - "Well man, I really thought we showed something real out there".  I also don't think he'd be interested, but he seems like he knows what he's at. He'd be mad to take the Forst job under the current ownership.
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 7:04pm

Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

<span -reactid=".1tmfrtcim94.0.0.0.1.$paragraph-11.0" style="-sizing: inherit; color: rgb18, 18, 18; font-family: ReithSans, Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">Former Swansea City manager Steve Cooper is a leading candidate to become </span><span -reactid=".1tmfrtcim94.0.0.0.1.$paragraph-11.$bold-1" style="font-weight: bolder; -sizing: inherit; color: rgb18, 18, 18; font-family: ReithSans, Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">Nottingham Forest's</span><span -reactid=".1tmfrtcim94.0.0.0.1.$paragraph-11.2" style="-sizing: inherit; color: rgb18, 18, 18; font-family: ReithSans, Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"> new boss after the Championship club sacked Chris Hughton. </span>[URL=https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/sep/16/nottingham-forest-sack-chris-hughton]<span -reactid=".1tmfrtcim94.0.0.0.1.$paragraph-11.$-4.0" style="-sizing: inherit;](Guardian)</span>[/URL]

He'd be a better option! 

Smile Indeed, himself and Gareth Ainsworth would make a fine pair. Tony's interviews post game would be good craic though - "Well man, I really thought we showed something real out there".  I also don't think he'd be interested, but he seems like he knows what he's at. He'd be mad to take the Forst job under the current ownership.

Has said he wants to remain in club football rather than go back to international football.

With the pool of players we've got available nobody will really want to touch us unless we offer a really good wage. You've senior players the wrong side of 30, nobody really between the ages of 28 and 23, and a group of kids still trying to find their feet at club level.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Celtic were in the top division by themselves in a position to ensure Rangers could never touch them again.

Lennon presided over a period in which Rangers made up enough ground, just a short few years since they were in the bottom division - to overtake Celtic who had the biggest advantages possible in football, for years.

Controversy seems to follow him around like a bad smell and plenty of it is his own doing.

Lennons time at Celtic should be seen as one of the biggest managerial embarrassments of the modern footballing era. I'd sooner have Roddy Collins in the Ireland job.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 7:29pm
Don’t get why Lennon is continually mentioned a potential manager of Ireland 
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Celtic were in the top division by themselves in a position to ensure Rangers could never touch them again.

Lennon presided over a period in which Rangers made up enough ground, just a short few years since they were in the bottom division - to overtake Celtic who had the biggest advantages possible in football, for years.

Controversy seems to follow him around like a bad smell and plenty of it is his own doing.

Lennons time at Celtic should be seen as one of the biggest managerial embarrassments of the modern footballing era. I'd sooner have Roddy Collins in the Ireland job.

I’d agree. Lennon is an awful manager . Took over Rodgers team which were superb and turned them into over weight alsorans in impressive time
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 8:43am

Could you exaggerate that any more?

Rangers threw the kitchen sink at stopping Celtic winning, and it worked, it also must be acknowledged that Gerrard turned Rangers into a very good side. They did well domestically and in Europe too.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

I’d agree. Lennon is an awful manager . Took over Rodgers team which were superb and turned them into over weight alsorans in impressive time

He won the treble, and he won the league 2 out of 3 times. 

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 12:27pm

Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

He won the treble, and he won the league 2 out of 3 times. 

The team went into decline as soon as he took over . He won a treble that was handed to him by Rodgers . Won the league the following season because rangers collapsed in January 

Edited by Pauldaly1984 - 18 Sep 2021 at 12:28pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 12:32pm
But he still won the league! and Celtic replaced their manager and it's most likely Rangers win the league again.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 4:09pm
Forest doing well now freed from the shackles of such regressive football
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 11:19pm
Nottingham Forest just 4 points off the playoff positions since getting rid of Hughton.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>
  Share Topic