You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cheltenham 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Crap at lists & YBIG KK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HateHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 12:09pm
Nice to get a little bit of extra info from the Mullins stable, its clear from reading that there are some he fancies,some he doesnt know what to do with(Faugheen!!,Vroum Vroum Mag) and some that just arent fit(Shanesill)...
I have the Fly backed antepost at 12,s and 10,s...Faugheen is evs fav he is a machine BUT..unless its a huge bet(and he wins) wont be getting rich off him.He is very short when considering how long the rest are..The new one at 3,s just couldnt have it(too many mistakes,inexperienced jock), Jezki at 13/2 is a possible but just cant beat The Fly(at home anyway), Mullins has stated his awe for The Fly and the horse still has the ability...At 7,s thats the one Im sticking with and anything outside the top 4 looks highly unlikely..Any thoughts lads?
Just trying to get the buzz goingThumbs Up
Polska Bialo Czerwoni
MaradonaSeven View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaradonaSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 2:21pm
Couldnt agree more regarding TNO, but struggle to see past Faugheen. Reckon there isn't a hope of the Fly getting near him and when Ruby decides to get off HF, that will say it all. While I'm fairly sure he will win, I also cant say I would be willing to plough into Faugheen, unless he is a better price on the day or there are some bookmakers specials. Will probably end up putting him in a double/treble with Annie Power and UDS.

Really looking forward to seeing what Douvan is made of also but not sure I could back either at that price. Although word coming from the mullins camp is very, very positive!
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 2:36pm
Faugheen/Un De Sceaux will be the antepost double of the festival.

Annie Power having a go at the Mares Hurdle this year so should be interesting to see how she gets on replacing Quevega. Was my hot tip of the festival last year but in all honesty struggled going up the hill. Hasn't run since May since winning at Punchestown so is a bit of an unknown quantity this year.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaradonaSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Faugheen/Un De Sceaux will be the antepost double of the festival.

Annie Power having a go at the Mares Hurdle this year so should be interesting to see how she gets on replacing Quevega. Was my hot tip of the festival last year but in all honesty struggled going up the hill. Hasn't run since May since winning at Punchestown so is a bit of an unknown quantity this year.

Ya, you would be worried about Mullins record in chases over in England, but you'd still expect that once he stands up there'll be noone to beat him.

If AP had been fit all season, there's no doubt but she would be going for the World hurdle. I think to say she struggled going up the hill is a little harsh, she just came up against a serious horse. Although the form hasnt worked out too strongly from it with AFC and more of that being less than impressive this year. The mare's should be a penalty kick for her though, although I think in her absence Mullins would still have a great chance at it with Glen's Melody. Jesus Mullins could have some sweep at it on Monday, especially if Don Poli was to go for the 4 miler, although that is fairly unlikely now.
Trigboy8 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 3:10pm
Does anyone know if the willie Mullins horse up for review is going in the champion bumper, he was very impressive in leopardstown at Christmas and he reminded me of champagne fever winning his bumper race in fairyhouse, will actually be at cheltenham myself for the Tuesday and Wednesday. Anyone thinking of going I would recommend the Tuesday as that is the best day of the festival!

Edited by Trigboy8 - 20 Feb 2015 at 3:11pm
kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 3:45pm
When are the final declarations?
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by kingofkings kingofkings wrote:

When are the final declarations?
Could be as late as the Monday morning of Cheltenham week, even the morning of a race

Edited by ShamtheRam - 20 Feb 2015 at 4:08pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
HateHenry View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Crap at lists & YBIG KK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HateHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Trigboy8 Trigboy8 wrote:

Does anyone know if the willie Mullins horse up for review is going in the champion bumper, he was very impressive in leopardstown at Christmas and he reminded me of champagne fever winning his bumper race in fairyhouse, will actually be at cheltenham myself for the Tuesday and Wednesday. Anyone thinking of going I would recommend the Tuesday as that is the best day of the festival!
still in it but he has half dozen in it all vying for fav , I still think stone hard is a great price for such a tough betting race
Polska Bialo Czerwoni
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 9:20pm
My cousin James Collins could be riding over there this year so I may end up going over for the first time!

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaradonaSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

My cousin James Collins could be riding over there this year so I may end up going over for the first time!

Jesus yere a great family for the riding....
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by MaradonaSeven MaradonaSeven wrote:

LOLLOLLOL
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 9:55pm
Does anyone listen to the final furlong podcast. It's uploaded every Friday. A few friends of mine have been listening to it . It's excellent. AT the races have sponsored it now. This week they discuss the Ryanair and the Gold Cup.
Https://m.soundcloud.com/emmet-Kennedy

Kevin Blake, Noel Feehily ,Robbie mcnamara are on it

Just google final furlong podcast.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaradonaSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by athlonecelt athlonecelt wrote:

Does anyone listen to the final furlong podcast. It's uploaded every Friday. A few friends of mine have been listening to it . It's excellent. AT the races have sponsored it now. This week they discuss the Ryanair and the Gold Cup.
Https://m.soundcloud.com/emmet-Kennedy

Kevin Blake, Noel Feehily ,Robbie mcnamara are on it

Just google final furlong podcast.

Ya its good alright, and fairly funny! I like the Racing Postcast aswel. Pricewise does be on that and they focus on whatever Cheltenham race hes been looking at that week. 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by MaradonaSeven MaradonaSeven wrote:

Edited by Green Devil - 20 Feb 2015 at 10:36pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 11:45pm
done before i know....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8mU68to39g

Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 12:09am
is there anything to be said for a YBIG piss up in the Guinness Tent one of the days

ill start the list

Daboi + 6
Trigboy8 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 12:31am
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

is there anything to be said for a YBIG piss up in the Guinness Tent one of the days

ill start the list

Daboi + 6
will be there Tuesday and Wednesday!

Edited by Trigboy8 - 21 Feb 2015 at 12:31am
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaradonaSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 12:44am
Originally posted by Trigboy8 Trigboy8 wrote:

Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

ill start the list

Daboi + 6
will be there Tuesday and Wednesday!

Tuesday and Wed  too please god
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic