You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cheltenham 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Conor Messi Conor Messi wrote:

Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

Never ever stay in bristol for cheltenham. It's f**kin dyre during the week

Jaysus I hope it's a bit better at the weekends, heading there for a stag shortly.

Great spot for a stag Clap
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2015 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Jaysus I hope it's a bit better at the weekends, heading there for a stag shortly.

Busy on a Saturday night. Fridays not great and Sundays brutal. Tuesday -Thursday nearly everywhere was closed.

IMO a shocking spot . I won't be returning
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2015 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by londonirish londonirish wrote:

Only if you haven't a scoobie where to go. It's a great student town midweek if you do a bit of research...

Fantastic cider pubs too in the cliffton area of the city...

Anyway back on topic, after being well up going into Friday, i'm cleaned out after cheltenham and officially never betting on it again. Mugs game.

I stayed in Cliften. Not great. 1 wetherspoons that was average. Cheap as chips. Cider on tap was called thatchers. Absoloute piss altogether. Cudnt get into any student bars midweek. Ya need a student card and our suits prob didn't help either
HateHenry View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Crap at lists & YBIG KK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HateHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 12:07am
Engerland pubs in generalThumbs Down
Polska Bialo Czerwoni
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 12:22am

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Busy on a Saturday night. Fridays not great and Sundays brutal. Tuesday -Thursday nearly everywhere was closed.

IMO a shocking spot . I won't be returning

Must say Bristol is probably the nicest city Ive been in in the UK but you want to be staying in/or around Cheltenham raceweek to make the most of it - the buzz in the town is also going to make anywhere else feel dead. Other option is Birmingham which would be livelier but is a kip all the same
londonirish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 8:37am

Originally posted by londonirish londonirish wrote:

Only if you haven't a scoobie where to go. It's a great student town midweek if you do a bit of research...

Fantastic cider pubs too in the cliffton area of the city...

Anyway back on topic, after being well up going into Friday, i'm cleaned out after cheltenham and officially never betting on it again. Mugs game.

I stayed in Cliften. Not great. 1 wetherspoons that was average. Cheap as chips. Cider on tap was called thatchers. Absoloute piss altogether. Cudnt get into any student bars midweek. Ya need a student card and our suits prob didn't help either

Here lies the problem.

If you are there again, try out a few of the many cider houses such as :

http://thecoronationtap.com/index.php

Or head down to the waterfront and there's loads of pub boats that are good all week round.

daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 7:02pm
was down at the waterfront on tuesday and wednesday night. all closed.. got a late drink in a place called V Shed..   that place wasnt too far from pembroke road where we stayed..

noted for the next time
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic