Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Charlie Hurley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 12:24pm
The FAI have fantastic items out in Abbottstown and it is a shame that they are not on general display even on their website.Unless you get invited in you cannot see them.While i have to give them huge  credit for honouring the ex players and the alcoves themselves are fantastic and brilliantly designed and maintained it would be nice if everyone could see them on the FAI website even.
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Sponsored Links

donegal dave View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donegal dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Dunphy not very complimentary of him in his book. 

Charlie Hurley or Con Martin ?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 12:30pm
Charlie Hurley. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donegal dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 12:32pm

Charlie Hurley. 

Dunphys a bollix. Embarrassed
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 12:41pm

Dunphy not very complimentary of him in his book. 

Yeh, there was no need for that hatchet job.

If Charlie was from Drumcondra, well sin sceal eile......
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 12:46pm
Who is he?
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by donegal dave donegal dave wrote:

Charlie Hurley. 

Dunphys a bollix. Embarrassed
This.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

The FAI have fantastic items out in Abbottstown and it is a shame that they are not on general display even on their website.Unless you get invited in you cannot see them.While i have to give them huge  credit for honouring the ex players and the alcoves themselves are fantastic and brilliantly designed and maintained it would be nice if everyone could see them on the FAI website even.
do you? I've been out there and just walked in and looked around. nobody said anything to me.
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 12:43am

I believe there a great tribute to Charlie at FAI HQ any links fellas ?

Irelandshirts beat me to it LOL

Edited by Green Devil - 16 Jan 2014 at 12:46am
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 1:17am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

do you? I've been out there and just walked in and looked around. nobody said anything to me.

FAI security doing a stand up jobLOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 7:05am

of course you can walk into the main reception area where they have 2 alcoves and a display area but the vast majority of the items are housed thruout the building and you need to be buzzed in again you can't just stroll around the offices.

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donegal dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Any SAFC related stuff or caps of Charlies on show ?

Thanks
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 9:37am

Thanks

I think they have Ireland shirts and caps and possibly some medals but I don't think any SAFC bits on display im afraid

tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 10:17am

of course you can walk into the main reception area where they have 2 alcoves and a display area but the vast majority of the items are housed thruout the building and you need to be buzzed in again you can't just stroll around the offices.
oh right, I didn't know they had other iterms around the building
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donegal dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 10:31am

Thanks

I think they have Ireland shirts and caps and possibly some medals but I don't think any SAFC bits on display im afraid

Thanks bud.
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 7:55pm
Charlie played for Millwall first. His family moved from Cork when he was 7. Was nicked named King Charlie at Rolka Park [old Sunderland ground] Was also named Sunderland played of the century. Great man had a chat with him in Galway when Roy Keane brought over Sunderland to play Galway. Lets not forget his fellow Cork man Noel Cantwell another great player.
alive and kicking
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 9:20am
Originally posted by smart man smart man wrote:

Charlie played for Millwall first. His family moved from Cork when he was 7. Was nicked named King Charlie at Roker Park [old Sunderland ground] Was also named Sunderland player of the century. Great man had a chat with him in Galway when Roy Keane brought over Sunderland to play Galway. Lets not forget his fellow Cork man Noel Cantwell another great player.

Good post bud the old training ground in the days before the Academy of Light was called the Charlie Hurley Training ground and theres a bar named after him at the SOL.
His song " Whos the greatest centre half the world has ever seen Charlie Hurley is his name " is still sung at matches by Sunderland supporters. Cool
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donegal dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Originally posted by smart man smart man wrote:

Charlie played for Millwall first. His family moved from Cork when he was 7. Was nicked named King Charlie at Roker Park [old Sunderland ground] Was also named Sunderland player of the century. Great man had a chat with him in Galway when Roy Keane brought over Sunderland to play Galway. Lets not forget his fellow Cork man Noel Cantwell another great player.

Good post bud the old training ground in the days before the Academy of Light was called the Charlie Hurley Training ground and theres a bar named after him at the SOL.
His song " Whos the greatest centre half the world has ever seen Charlie Hurley is his name " is still sung at matches by Sunderland supporters. Cool

I know a Sunderland supporting student at Sunderland University from Cork whos old man began supporting SAFC because Charlie Hurley was playing for the club at the time. Cool
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic