You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions League Final Bar v Man U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

No team in the world could have handled barca any better than united did last night, and for the record the united goal was a really good move

Real would have IMO. Plainly because Ferguson wouldn't go against United's ethos of passing flair football unlike Mourinho.
Sponsored Links

Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

No team in the world could have handled barca any better than united did last night, and for the record the united goal was a really good move

Real would have IMO. Plainly because Ferguson wouldn't go against United's ethos of passing flair football unlike Mourinho.

Confused

Did they not get a couple of goes at it in the semi

Confused
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 3:12pm

Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Confused

Did they not get a couple of goes at it in the semi

Confused

Exactly, Jose got lucky last season with Inter to knock them out, parking his bus, but also had world class central defenders in italy, not the case at real this season 
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 3:15pm
Barca absolutely spanked real 5 0 in the nou camp in the league and 2 0 in the first leg in madrid in the semi- but the liverpool fan reckons real would have given them a better game than united didThumbs Down
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Jaysus ger get over it get will Ye, Madrid only scored once in 3 hours against them in the semi, plus they spanked Madrid 5 0 not so long ago and look at the players Madrid have! No shame in being the second best team in Europe at the moment, imagine what would have happened if schalke met barca last night! No team in the world could have handled barca any better than united did last night, and for the record the united goal was a really good move

Confused

I was stating a fact highlighting Barca's brilliance

LOL

Can someone please tell me that Barlow really is just a wind-up and an immense made up profile just to make United fans look as retarded as they possibly can?  Please tell me he's not for real!  I'd applaud the genius if it was made up...

What an embarrassment!  You're telling Gerk to 'get over it'......LOL....the f**king irony!

If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 3:34pm

Barca absolutely spanked real 5 0 in the nou camp in the league and 2 0 in the first leg in madrid in the semi- but the liverpool fan reckons real would have given them a better game than united didThumbs Down

Leave out the 5-0. That was when they tried to play passing football.

Madrid beat them in the cup final. And drew with them twice.
Even the 2-0 loss they were looking like they were going to hold out until Messi scored in the 75th minute.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

We were in the pub last night and some Liverpool fan started singing. "We won it 5 times"

Next thing some lad hops up on the table and says...

"WE WON IT 3 TIMES, WE WON IT 3 TIMESSSS, WITHOUT KILLING ANYONE WE WON IT 3 TIMES!!!"

Crinnngeeee fest Embarrassed
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 4:27pm
Im glad fergie stuck to his guns and played the formation and players that have done so well this season

He could have packed the midfield and left rooney isolated up front in an effort to stifle barca

Instead he just went for it and tried to attack and press them

They are just too good though

Looks like it will be scholes last game- pity that such a great player goes out on such a disapointing night
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 4:28pm

We were in the pub last night and some Liverpool fan started singing. "We won it 5 times"

"WE WON IT 3 TIMES, WE WON IT 3 TIMESSSS, WITHOUT KILLING ANYONE WE WON IT 3 TIMES!!!"

At the time I found it quite funny!
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 4:36pm

DeadDeadDead Barstools being flaked all over the shop id say
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 4:42pm

I hope the bit you found funny was when when the gobsh*te got a slap in the face for singing it...

That's a 'chant' that's been going around a couple years.  It's embarrassing. 

If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
farfar View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farfar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 4:59pm

Arsenal and United managed a measly 3 shots on target over three games against Barca
still managed to beat them 2-1 all the sameThumbs Up
basically they have to miss a shed load of chances and then counter attack the sh*te out of them
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 7:05pm
What Barca have, you can not buy in the transfer market. That is years of investment (money and time) in the youth setup. They have been playing that way for years. I would bloody LOVE to see a Barca training session. But to be honest, I would bet that it's majority 5 a side games in tight space.

They are just awesome. And every kid in this country playing football should be taught how to play like this.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
yapster View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 7:10pm
Football as it should be played
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 7:10pm
Apparently abrahmovich thinks it can be replicated by getting guardiola in to manage chelsea- not a chance of easily replicating the way they play- it would take years to set up a youth system and culture and way of playing like they have - the real pioneer of the beautiful game at barca was cruyff- he initiated the way they play the game today- the chap is like a god in barcelona- and rightly so
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 7:16pm
You can't coach that to senior players. That kind of thing takes years.

In Ireland all the international youth teams have to play the exact same formation as the senior team... Which I think is ridiculous. Talk about limiting our potential
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 9:53am
If only Fletcher was fit.
Theres only one sport that matters..
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 12:57pm
Gerard pictured outon the piss holding up 5 fingers with his mates one of whom left twitter messages for owen saying we won it 5 times, cringe stuff, id say never winning the league kills Gerard, Rooney is 6 years younger than Gerard and he has 4 league medals
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
  Share Topic