You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions league 20/21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 60>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 9:21am
f**k it anyway, backed 2-9 score at ht last night @200/1, was nearly there!
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 9:42am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

If exploiting the organization is signing some of the best Players and managers in the world, turning City into a regular CL knockout side, four premier league titles and finished ahead of united 7 years in a row, redeveloping the east side of Manchester and building one of the worlds best Football academy’s, then I’m sure most fans would love that kind of exploitation 
Then they are ****s and can't argue when it is pointed out as that would be hypocrisy.
Personally, if I were a Manchester City fan I would be apoplectic that a local Manchester institution had become inextricably linked with a rogue state, but then I like to think I have some morals.

PM your point may hold for Man City but Sid has been making comments about RB Leipzig.  Now where is the moral difference between them and another multi national in north west England.   What is a false equivalence is his comparison to supporting your
Country when there was alleged malpractice going on and supporting a multi national company in northwest England when you are from Ireland.  

Hypocrite of the highest degree.   Sid was far better when his hyperbole was used to satirise on here.  Now that he is pontificating it’s crazy stuff.   
AKA pedantic kunt
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 10:36am

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Sid still an apologist for Liverpool football club and yet criticises other fans being apologists for their club.   

Liverpool and premier league clubs are all pretty disgusting and horrible. Liverpool are just less so than Man City or PSG.  You say you would give up on Liverpool if they were taken over by Saudi but I have my doubts as you would find a way of justifying your support for a club who are as bad as the vast majority of premier league clubs who in the main are pretty horrible.  What has happened at Arsenal is a classic case of
This and the same Spurs also.  

Mention of Russian far right narrative ffs.  Off your rocker when you go down that road. 
What you used was a Russian style far right narrative

The Russian style far right narrative is the deliberately dumb reductionist one which paints everything as the same, ie. "all politicians are liars, therefore they are all as bad as each other", ie. using that narrative you could make out that Eamon Ryan is bad as Stalin

This is done to shut down opposition to appalling things by saying that other things which are much, much less bad, or even not bad at all, are equally bad to those appalling things

It's designed to spread fog, confusion and lack of critical thinking

It's designed to spread mass cynicism and yet mass gullibility

Your narrative was basically Louise Mensch on Have I Got News For You when she tried to ridicule anti-capitalism protestors for drinking a cup of coffee, she made a fool of herself

One could easily make the argument that the ownership of football clubs was actually much more horrible when they paid their players a pittance and/or held onto them like pieces of meat which meant many of them fell on very hard times after football despite providing massive enjoyment to so many people

That's still not as bad as being a front for a despotic regime like some clubs are today

If you don't believe me that I wouldn't support Liverpool if they were taken over by a despotic regime that's your choice, believe what you want

It's not likely to happen though because most LFC supporters, unlike followers of some other clubs I could name, have pride in what the club is and won't allow it to be used as a front for human rights abusers

Your language about me being "an apologist" for LFC is bizarre

I support Liverpool and am not a spokesman for the owners, though objectively speaking it must be said they have done a pretty good job even if we all know they are in it to make a profit, but c'est la vie, English football has global caché in a globalised world, that's the world we live in, we don't live in 1959 or even 1989

And one thing they haven't done is engage in grotesque human rights abuse

If you believe your own narrative, stop following Ireland, stop posting here, because every person here who follows Ireland is in your book an "apologist" for the FAI

Killing 39 Italians wasn’t very thoughtful of their human rights, but maybe it’s only if this happened in the country the owners come from that you’d apparently have second thoughts supporting them 
Funny how I knew you'd bring that up

Desperation stakes for the despot defender

Liverpool supporters don't generally defend the thugs at Heysel

Unlike Manchester City supporters with their beloved despots, who generally do: "What's wrong with indentured slavery, what's wrong with it?!"

Manchester City employed a paedophile for many years by the way 

If you're going to defend the human rights abusing despots, seems a bit inconsistent you wouldn't defend the paedophile

Edited by sid waddell - 15 Aug 2020 at 10:38am
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 10:42am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

f**k it anyway, backed 2-9 score at ht last night @200/1, was nearly there!

Paddy Power had very generous odds on Barca 1+ goal, 3 + corners, and Bayern 1+ card each half.  I didn't go for it. Cry

I'm 99% certain they got 3+ corners each half.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 10:49am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Robertson?

That a joke?

Nope it’s a question. He hasn’t many flaws to his game. Is Davies better in every department?

Sorry, genuinely thought it was a joke! Robertson and Tierney are at a similar level. Davies miles ahead of both, he is very good defensively too and his pace has got Alaba and Boateng out of trouble on many occasions this season.

I'd have Robertson a good bit ahead of Tierney tbh.

Last night highlighted Barca's woeful business in the transfer market. None of their 3 most expensive players started, Griezmann coming off the bench, Dembele an unused sub, and Coutinho with 2 goals and an assist for Bayern.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 10:54am
The one leg play-offs have been great to watch.

I’m not a fan of the away goal rule so would like to see more of it.

I wonder will they keep it for the 2020/2021 champions league 1/4 and 1/2. It would make sense given the reduced season. 

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 11:01am

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

If exploiting the organization is signing some of the best Players and managers in the world, turning City into a regular CL knockout side, four premier league titles and finished ahead of united 7 years in a row, redeveloping the east side of Manchester and building one of the worlds best Football academy’s, then I’m sure most fans would love that kind of exploitation 
Then they are ****s and can't argue when it is pointed out as that would be hypocrisy.
Personally, if I were a Manchester City fan I would be apoplectic that a local Manchester institution had become inextricably linked with a rogue state, but then I like to think I have some morals.

PM your point may hold for Man City but Sid has been making comments about RB Leipzig.  Now where is the moral difference between them and another multi national in north west England.   What is a false equivalence is his comparison to supporting your
Country when there was alleged malpractice going on and supporting a multi national company in northwest England when you are from Ireland.  

Hypocrite of the highest degree.   Sid was far better when his hyperbole was used to satirise on here.  Now that he is pontificating it’s crazy stuff.   

Well, I suppose Lucozade Leipzig are just used purely as a front for a high caffeine, high sugar drink, which isn't quite as bad as being a front for despots

Sightly better to be merely plastic than pederastic and mental gymnastic 

Funny you mention "false equivalence" when your unironic use of it is unintentionally hilarious, a team which is set up purely as a marketing front for a caffeine drink is not equivalent to other football clubs in what it is

They're not even remotely equivalent to PSV Eindhoven which was set up as the team of workers from the Philips company which was set up in Eindhoven

Funny you mention my satire because you're doing a damn good job of showing why I wrote it in the first place, your "argument" is unironically trying to protect human rights abusers by using Russian style lowest common denominator trolling technique, it's like unintentional satire

Oooh, you said "pontificating" - another "shut down" word

Once you you use "pontificating" it's an admission you don't have any actual arguments

"Pontificating" comes from the same place as "snowflakes" and "virtue signallers" - basically "you;re saying awkward things that are making me uncomfortable - shut up"

Use of it is designed to destroy any dissent which voices uncomfortable truths - it's designed to protect the powerful who are committing grievous wrongs

You might actually address the points in my previous posts, thanks

The arguments used by the Man City defenders here are similar to those who defended the participation of apartheid South Africa in sport

Edited by sid waddell - 15 Aug 2020 at 11:02am
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 11:15am

Sid still an apologist for Liverpool football club and yet criticises other fans being apologists for their club.   

Liverpool and premier league clubs are all pretty disgusting and horrible. Liverpool are just less so than Man City or PSG.  You say you would give up on Liverpool if they were taken over by Saudi but I have my doubts as you would find a way of justifying your support for a club who are as bad as the vast majority of premier league clubs who in the main are pretty horrible.  What has happened at Arsenal is a classic case of

Mention of Russian far right narrative ffs.  Off your rocker when you go down that road. 

The Russian style far right narrative is the deliberately dumb reductionist one which paints everything as the same, ie. "all politicians are liars, therefore they are all as bad as each other", ie. using that narrative you could make out that Eamon Ryan is bad as Stalin

This is done to shut down opposition to appalling things by saying that other things which are much, much less bad, or even not bad at all, are equally bad to those appalling things

Your narrative was basically Louise Mensch on Have I Got News For You when she tried to ridicule anti-capitalism protestors for drinking a cup of coffee, she made a fool of herself

One could easily make the argument that the ownership of football clubs was actually much more horrible when they paid their players a pittance and/or held onto them like pieces of meat which meant many of them fell on very hard times after football despite providing massive enjoyment to so many people

That's still not as bad as being a front for a despotic regime like some clubs are today

If you don't believe me that I wouldn't support Liverpool if they were taken over by a despotic regime that's your choice, believe what you want

It's not likely to happen though because most LFC supporters, unlike followers of some other clubs I could name, have pride in what the club is and won't allow it to be used as a front for human rights abusers

I support Liverpool and am not a spokesman for the owners, though objectively speaking it must be said they have done a pretty good job even if we all know they are in it to make a profit, but c'est la vie, English football has global caché in a globalised world, that's the world we live in, we don't live in 1959 or even 1989

If you believe your own narrative, stop following Ireland, stop posting here, because every person here who follows Ireland is in your book an "apologist" for the FAI

Killing 39 Italians wasn’t very thoughtful of their human rights, but maybe it’s only if this happened in the country the owners come from that you’d apparently have second thoughts supporting them 

Unlike Manchester City supporters with their beloved despots, who generally do: "What's wrong with indentured slavery, what's wrong with it?!"

If you're going to defend the human rights abusing despots, seems a bit inconsistent you wouldn't defend the paedophile

In the hundreds and thousands of man city related tweets and podcasts that I’ve listened to over the years I’ve never once heard or read anything like that from a City fan. Lets not let that get in the way of your broken record rhetoric though
You’ll be referencing “Russia“ and “far right“ again soon I’m sure Wacko

A lot of clubs employed paedophiles in the 70s and 80s, you only seem to mention one 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 15 Aug 2020 at 11:19am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 11:20am

I support Liverpool and am not a spokesman for the owners

LOL What a hypocrite

Yet you expect every Man City fan to be a spokesperson for what goes on in the country their owners come from 

This broken record post has a lot of holes in it 

The performative stupidity is breathtaking

Would I prefer if Liverpool were still locally owned, yes, I'd prefer the German model of supporter ownership to be honest, but that horse has bolted in English football

But Fenway and the Glazers or Randy Lerner or Stan Kroenke or whoever are not fronts for the Trump regime or US foreign or domestic policy, they are venture capitalists

Manchester City's owners are a pure front for the Abu Dhabi/UAE regime and thus Manchester City FC is a pure front for Abu Dhabi, they are used purely for regime reputation laundering

The same regime which just two days ago threw Palestine under the bus and legitimised Israeli occupation

Edited by sid waddell - 15 Aug 2020 at 11:21am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 11:25am
But I or any city fan are not a spokesperson for that just as much as you’re not a spokesperson for the Fenway group 
It’s pretty consistent logic 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 15 Aug 2020 at 11:25am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 11:35am

In the hundreds and thousands of man city related tweets and podcasts that I’ve listened to over the years I’ve never once heard or read anything like that from a City fan. Lets not let that get in the way of your broken record rhetoric though
You’ll be referencing “Russia“ and “far right“ again soon I’m sure Wacko

A lot of clubs employed paedophiles in the 70s and 80s, you only seem to mention one 

Why wouldn't I mention Russia and the far right

On this thread we have Russian style lowest common denominator trolling to try and protect a despotic regime and claim false equivalence to US venture capitalists

Russia is a far right state and its trolling techniques are used to advance far right interests

So is Abu Dhabi a far right state

A lot of clubs did employ paedophiles 

Celtic was one, Manchester City was another

An utterly shameful occurrence in the history of those clubs, and it should never, ever be allowed to happen again as it ruined countless lives

If Manchester City fans are prepared to face up to the awful truth of that, and I think most of them probably are, why are they then not prepared to face up to the awful truth about what their use as a reputation laundering by Abu Dhabi is

I guess the difference is that the paedophiles aren't multi-billionaires who are buying success 

Incidentally the Abu Dhabi regime itself is more than prepared to use paedophiles to secure contracts from Trump and to lobby for Trump to move US foreign policy in an anti-Qatar direction 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 11:38am
Because it’s boring, irrelevant and verging on crackpot behavior on almost every thread 

We all know your views on football, politics and modern life by this stage 
Now please change the record 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 15 Aug 2020 at 11:39am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 11:43am

But I or any city fan are not a spokesperson for that just as much as you’re not a spokesperson for the Fenway group 
It’s pretty consistent logic 
The Fenway group are not human rights abusers

Liverpool supporters are not spokespeople for Fenway

There is no case for Fenway to be disqualified or barred from football club ownership based on who they are or on the basis of human rights abuse, or even on the basis that states should not own football clubs

There very much is with Abu Dhabi and Manchester City, as was the case with Newcastle and Saudi Arabia

Yet any time the despotic nature of the Abu Dhabi regime and how Man City are used as a reputation laundering foreign policy tool of them is brought up, Manchester City supporters cry "you're just jealous"

This is really simple stuff

And yes, I'd rather languish in lower mid table and not abuse human rights than win everything with blood money
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 11:52am

Because it’s boring, irrelevant and verging on crackpot behavior on almost every thread 

We all know your views on football, politics and modern life by this stage 
Now please change the record 
A common response of those who don't like awkward truths

This is a discussion forum 

The favourite technique of those who want to protect powerful people who are committing grievous wrongs is to paint those who oppose them and highlight what they are and what they do as "crackpots"

To claim that opposing real crackpots is itself "crackpotism" - that's the technique used by Russia, Trump, the Tories and the Brexiteers, Abu Dhabi, the Indian regime, the Chinese regime, the defenders of far right regimes in Europe like Poland and Hungary

This applies at every level from the highest levels of international politics down to two bit internet forums like this

It's a cancer of public discourse that has infected the world and is the main way that positive change is stifled - because facts and their meaning cease to exist - and that's by design

And you engage in it there

Edited by sid waddell - 15 Aug 2020 at 11:53am
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 12:15pm
this is fascinatingLOL
Lads defending their favourite multinational club ffs , it’s like picking your favourite paedo from Epstein’s guest listLOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

this is fascinatingLOL
Lads defending their favourite multinational club ffs , it’s like picking your favourite paedo from Epstein’s guest listLOL
Again the Russian style narrative being used

"Everything is sh*t, everything is equally bad"

Complete cynicism, yet complete gullibility

The internet is the perfect home for this sort of sh*t because eejits just throw in their tuppence worth, which isn't even worth tuppence, and don't have to stand over it

That's how trolls and propaganda manipulate public opinion to far right positions - by completely flooding the public sphere with far right bullsh*t and vacuous soundbytes and drowning out reason or the ability to catch a breath and engage any sort of critical thinking

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 8:28pm
Kyle Walker playing well Embarrassed
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 8:30pm

Kyle Walker playing well Embarrassed

They need to bring Foden on.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 60>
  Share Topic