Celtic Park rocking at half time

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by hawkeye hawkeye wrote:

Great craic with TA in turn stile before the match but mates of mine had to leave jock stein stand at half time because ofabuse and coins been thrown at them from scots.

Dont believe you.
Scotsmen throwing away their money ?
Never !!!

hawkeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hawkeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 2:36pm

Originally posted by hawkeye hawkeye wrote:

Great craic with TA in turn stile before the match but mates of mine had to leave jock stein stand at half time because ofabuse and coins been thrown at them from scots.

Dont believe you.
Scotsmen throwing away their money ?
Never !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Eamonn68 Eamonn68 wrote:

Originally posted by Eochaill73 Eochaill73 wrote:

Thought the atmosphere was great at times but very tense.Was to be expected though.General question for ye lads,what grounds do ye find super plus the areas around them. Going by my own experiences most grounds are in working class areas.Not that I've been to every ground going.As regards the stewarding most would be hired by sedexo or some other company.

Lansdowne Road

And if it was in a more working class area it might have 4 stands
Croke Park.

hawkeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hawkeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 2:37pm
They were seen collecting it after the game!!!
danger here View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danger here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 2:55pm

Thought the atmosphere was great at times but very tense.Was to be expected though.General question for ye lads,what grounds do ye find super plus the areas around them.Going by my own experiences most grounds are in working class areas.Not that I've been to every ground going.As regards the stewarding most would be hired by sedexo or some other company.

Wasn't in Glasgow but Gelsenkirchen is as working class German as you will get, excellent stadium and not a bother in the home end. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 3:33pm
The Scots fans were very good from when they scored but all they did was boo for 75 minutes before that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 3:48pm

Thought the atmosphere was great at times but very tense.Was to be expected though.General question for ye lads,what grounds do ye find super plus the areas around them. Going by my own experiences most grounds are in working class areas.Not that I've been to every ground going.As regards the stewarding most would be hired by sedexo or some other company.

Lansdowne Road
text book Donovan funny because its true

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 3:55pm
I was in the away end and didn't experience any of these issues about the ground. Ticket presented and outside cordon,  like they do at Lansdowne,  ticket through the turnstile and then at the entrance to the stand. All standard. Stewards were really polite,  enjoy the game and all that. Helpful when looking for the food counters etc. 

Dissapointing to hear about the abuse lads getting in the home end. Would be reasonably confident it wouldn't happen in Dublin. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

The Scots fans were very good from when they scored but all they did was boo for 75 minutes before that.
This, they made noise at half time and after they scored great supporters me hoola
Mr.Mojo Risin' View Drop Down

pray for Mojo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mojo Risin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 4:20pm
The stewards were thick as sh*t!! 
Ahh heya!
Conor Messi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conor Messi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 5:23pm
Their support wasn't up to much at all imo.
We chant Aiden McGeady, they all boo.
We sing the fields of Athenry, boos.
We sing just can't get enough, more boos.

Obviously the place was hopping after they scored but they're probably a lot like ourselves that way. Great away support but sh*te home supporters. Standard enough really.
@MessiConor
Hasta La Victoria Siempre

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 5:30pm
Bunch of 'divas'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 6:00pm
Thank fuk I won't have to go back ever

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 6:08pm

Agreed.... poor stadium in ramshackle sh1thole .... good noise on occasion but mostly just booing McGeady

ps NR ..."can we have our ball back?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 7:09pm

Agreed.... poor stadium in ramshackle sh1thole .... good noise on occasion but mostly just booing McGeady

ps NR ..."can we have our ball back?"

had 2 balls at one stage, but some Scottish harpie nicked one

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 9:17am
I couldn't care less about our anthem or our players being booed or general hostility from the Scotch. That's what they should be. It's not rogbee.

Celtic Park is one of the few modern grounds in Europe (ie 75% of it built in the last 20 years) that can still produce a proper atmosphere. I don't go to a match to buy popcorn or hot dogs.

Organisation was a fooking joke at the Lisbon Lions end though, it has to be said, particularly on the way out.
Dubta_Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dubta_Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Conor Messi Conor Messi wrote:

Their support wasn't up to much at all imo.
We chant Aiden McGeady, they all boo.
We sing the fields of Athenry, boos.
We sing just can't get enough, more boos.

Obviously the place was hopping after they scored but they're probably a lot like ourselves that way. Great away support but sh*te home supporters. Standard enough really.

Yes, we were fairly poor on Friday night.  Strange atmosphere.  Workday, different stadium, tense atmosphere.  Really think it would've been different if it was at Hampden but like yourselves you'll see a different Tartan Army in Dublin next year. 
Garngad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garngad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 12:42pm
the bad organisation is probably down to the fact that 75% or more of the attendees are not used to Celtic park layout and the stewards were the SFAs not celtics. also for folks complaing about the sh*tehole surrounding Celtic park have a word with yourselves it wasnt an affulent area when Brother Walfird started the club and up until the recent commonwealth games the east end of glasgow has not seen much regeneration!