You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Celtic Park rocking at half time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by elroy45 elroy45 wrote:

From the jock stein upper, initial boo as the anthem was announced but observed impeccably thereafter

Yeah it certainly quietened down after the initial 5-10 seconds.

I must say too there was 1 Irish fella in particular around me shouting bollox about Scotland not being a real country and pointing to his passport. A f**king clown of the highest order trying to insight things. When they scored he was making shapes at a few Scots. I was on my own but had a word about who he was representing when he wore the jersey he had on his back. 

I didn't get why he was so upset that Scotland turned down independance Confused
Theres only one sport that matters..
Sponsored Links

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

Originally posted by elroy45 elroy45 wrote:

From the jock stein upper, initial boo as the anthem was announced but observed impeccably thereafter

Yeah it certainly quietened down after the initial 5-10 seconds.

I must say too there was 1 Irish fella in particular around me shouting bollox about Scotland not being a real country and pointing to his passport. A f**king clown of the highest order trying to insight things. When they scored he was making shapes at a few Scots. I was on my own but had a word about who he was representing when he wore the jersey he had on his back. 

I didn't get why he was so upset that Scotland turned down independance Confused
Sounds like a right flutehanger
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Tippbiffo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippbiffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 10:59pm
I really enjoyed the atmosphere in CP..i was in the jock stein upper. The only people causing trouble were two irish brothers fighting over something that happened five years ago or something to that effect. Anyone else witness that sh*te?
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 11:19pm
Joke of a place. In Lisbon Lions as well and getting in and out was shocking. One big gate that everyone has to walk through and then people on top of each other going down the road cause burger vans and police vans are parked in everyone's way. Then all the bars apart from ones with Union Jacks all being made shut on the way back to town. Basically had 50k walking into the city centre. And no police to be seen anywhere on the way in.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 11:36pm
atmosphere after the goal was amazing, underwhelmed by the anthem and was poor call not to stop pipes half way thru, CP was bollox, ticket checked four times going in, why?! layout and facilities sh*te too, Booing of our anthems and our songs was bad and unnecessary

Edited by nvidic - 15 Nov 2014 at 11:37pm
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 12:11am
Me and a mate where in with the home fans in the north stand,section 108.we where surrounded by scots....in fairness we didn't hear the anthem been bood from where we where and we belted it out to silence around us.we had no trouble getting in and out of the ground from our end so maybe it was just over security for away fans???i will say one thing though...the majority of the Scottish lads around us where sound,but there was a good pocket of them telling us to f**k off over to where our fans where,and it was getting a little hairy for awhile till a few of the Scottish lads stepped in and told the other Scotts to pipe down.when the goal went in they got right up into our faces rubbing it in,so much so that I had to push one of them away from me....one of the Scottish lads beside me told me the bloke in my face was a Celtic Stewart and he later come up to me to shake my hand...I told him to f**k off.... So I. Not buying into this Celtic Scottish fan and rangers Scottish fan sh*te.believe me,fom what we heard and the things they where saying in the section we where,they have very little love for the Irish.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 12:22am
Was in the North upper, no hassle at all bar one simpleton nearby but we ignored him. 

Celtic park some dump, grand when you get in and lends itself to atmosphere but what a shambles for a big match organisation and what a sh1thole area around it. How can a stadium only 2 miles for a city centre be that bad?
HateHenry View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Crap at lists & YBIG KK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HateHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 12:39am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I'm amazed Celtic park hosts games every week, the crowd controls were f**king shocking. 20mins after KO and still thousands outside. The police seemed clueless, Roads blocked with police vans for no reason, coppers on horses getting in the way etc

As for the atmosphere, the scots made some noise when on top, but it was tense all the way through, not an atmosphere I'd enjoy too often.

Agree, security/ticket checks non existent,walking through rubble and sh*te to get into the stand, poxy result
Polska Bialo Czerwoni
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 12:43am
Tell you Lads, From reading this thread you would know who goes to matches and those who dontWink
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 1:09am
I would agree could not believe how bad Celtic park was for getting in and out of.

Its a dump in a sh*thole. Would not he rushing back there that's for sure.   enjoyed Glasgow but the performance put a sickener on it last night
AKA pedantic kunt
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 5:56am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I would agree could not believe how bad Celtic park was for getting in and out of.

Its a dump in a sh*thole. Would not he rushing back there that's for sure.   enjoyed Glasgow but the performance put a sickener on it last night

Got there by taxi - Irish fans in typical fashion were just grabbing randomers stuck on the street looking for a taxi and ended up with about 11 Irish fans in 1 taxi, none of us actually knew each other LOL - That sort of stuff is quality.
But the return journey was an absolute joke. Probably the biggest downside of the entire trip for me. 

Edited by coyne - 16 Nov 2014 at 5:59am
Greengunner View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greengunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 10:16am
The whole floor was moveing in the Jock stien upper when the Goal went in. We were outside the ground 30mins before k.o. skiped half the Que and only barely got in for the Anthems.
Dubta_Steve View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dubta_Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 11:10am
Really wish this game had been played at Hampden and a lot of these issues wouldn't exist. Celtic Park will never be Scotland's proper home.
Eochaill73 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eochaill73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 11:36am
Thought the atmosphere was great at times but very tense.Was to be expected though.General question for ye lads,what grounds do ye find super plus the areas around them.Going by my own experiences most grounds are in working class areas.Not that I've been to every ground going.As regards the stewarding most would be hired by sedexo or some other company.
highlanderdub View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highlanderdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 2:08pm
Thought the scots made a good atmosphere,as said elsewhere the stewards were pretty useless,on at least 5 occasions they had to come over to us as they were convinced we were in the wrong seats,turns out they could not tell the difference between a W and a M!. we were beside a few Rangers fans who were sound. There was fighting just a few rows behind us in JS lower between scots fans , the crowd soon let them know what they thought of these idiots, other than that a good nite apart from the score obviously .

Edited by highlanderdub - 16 Nov 2014 at 2:08pm
hawkeye View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hawkeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 2:10pm
Great craic with TA in turn stile before the match but mates of mine had to leave jock stein stand at half time because ofabuse and coins been thrown at them from scots.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Eochaill73 Eochaill73 wrote:

Thought the atmosphere was great at times but very tense.Was to be expected though.General question for ye lads,what grounds do ye find super plus the areas around them. Going by my own experiences most grounds are in working class areas.Not that I've been to every ground going.As regards the stewarding most would be hired by sedexo or some other company.

Lansdowne Road
Eamonn68 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eamonn68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Originally posted by Eochaill73 Eochaill73 wrote:

Thought the atmosphere was great at times but very tense.Was to be expected though.General question for ye lads,what grounds do ye find super plus the areas around them. Going by my own experiences most grounds are in working class areas.Not that I've been to every ground going.As regards the stewarding most would be hired by sedexo or some other company.

Lansdowne Road

And if it was in a more working class area it might have 4 stands
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic