You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Celtic Park rocking at half time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Celtic Park rocking at half time
    Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 9:15pm
I was amazed to see Celtic Park rocking at half time with the Tartan Army in full voice.
We really need to improve Lansdowne for that sort of thing. The choice of their music really got the crowd going. We really need Put Em Pressure on full blast straight after the anthems and at the half time. It's the only song that gets everyone going.
Sponsored Links

1320Lichtie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1320Lichtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 9:19pm
Thought the atmosphere was very strange last night, very nervous and edgy then boom wee Shaun curls that in and the place erupted and was absolutely rocking for 5 minutes after that until we all realised that it was back to sh*teing ourselves/hold on time. Would've loved to have been standing in the away end to see what the stadium looked like during and after the goal I was too busy getting thrown around. Look forward to the aviva now dunno how good that dodgy wee away section will be for creating noise but looking forward to trying to get it bouncing

What did the Irish lot think of CP?
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 9:23pm
Place was rocking when yis scored Litchie. Ground was bloody shaking !! Overall I thought the home support would be louder ..
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 9:25pm
I'm amazed Celtic park hosts games every week, the crowd controls were f**king shocking. 20mins after KO and still thousands outside. The police seemed clueless, Roads blocked with police vans for no reason, coppers on horses getting in the way etc

As for the atmosphere, the scots made some noise when on top, but it was tense all the way through, not an atmosphere I'd enjoy too often.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 9:27pm
What was the song at half time all the Scots were singing? Sounded great
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1320Lichtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Place was rocking when yis scored Litchie. Ground was bloody shaking !! Overall I thought the home support would be louder ..

I must of spent a good 10 minutes not even watching. Was sh*tting ma frillies. Too tense for my liking thank f**k the pressure is off on Tuesday now, can jump about like a loony the whole time knowing that if we lose it really isn't thatttttttt much of a big deal.
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I'm amazed Celtic park hosts games every week, the crowd controls were f**king shocking. 20mins after KO and still thousands outside. The police seemed clueless, Roads blocked with police vans for no reason, coppers on horses getting in the way etc

As for the atmosphere, the scots made some noise when on top, but it was tense all the way through, not an atmosphere I'd enjoy too often.
This, the queues at the turnstiles for Lisbon Lions lower were an absolute disgrace. Got to the turnstiles with 20 mins to spare and I ended up missing the first 5 minutes. Added to that 2 stewards I asked didn't know where the ticket office was and another sent me to the media mixed zone, amateur operation. But on topic, the atmosphere at half time was amazing!

Edited by GreenDodger93 - 15 Nov 2014 at 9:32pm
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1320Lichtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Loch Lomond Laddie

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BLlpgTUHgC4

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EdWokPtH-P4

Eta the full version

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zDPLnRFzbv4

Edited by 1320Lichtie - 15 Nov 2014 at 9:44pm
kopkid View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kopkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

This, the queues at the turnstiles for Lisbon Lions lower were an absolute disgrace. Got to the turnstiles with 20 mins to spare and I ended up missing the first 5 minutes. Added to that 2 stewards I asked didn't know where the ticket office was and another sent me to the media mixed zone, amateur operation. But on topic, the atmosphere at half time was amazing!
Agreed, shocking stuff altogether, didn't think the home support was all that either, the goal and half time aside. majority of the time seemed to be booing mcgeady and our songs/chants
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by 1320Lichtie 1320Lichtie wrote:

Loch Lomond Laddie

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BLlpgTUHgC4

Just had a listen on YouTube, that's the one! Belter mate
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 10:03pm
Underwhelmed by Celtic Park and the Scots support. Always wanted to go there but I wouldn't go back.

The celebrations for the goal and 10 mins after that looked great but other than average at best.
The booing of Amhran na Bhfiann was disgusting and it was a large minority who booed.

Glad to have a couple of sound Scotsmen beside and behind me who got behind their team and had the craic with us. God only knows what would have happened if we scored.
Theres only one sport that matters..
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

Underwhelmed by Celtic Park and the Scots support. Always wanted to go there but I wouldn't go back.

The celebrations for the goal and 10 mins after that looked great but other than average at best.
The booing of Amhran na Bhfiann was disgusting and it was a large minority who booed.

Glad to have a couple of sound Scotsmen beside and behind me who got behind their team and had the craic with us. God only knows what would have happened if we scored.

Yep.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
ABFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 10:15pm
I was in the away end so couldn't really hear the booing. How bad was it for our anthem?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 10:18pm
Thought the Scottish National Anthem was poor the bagpipes didn't sound too great where we were, sounds a lot better when Amy MacDonald is singing it.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1320Lichtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by ABFC ABFC wrote:

I was in the away end so couldn't really hear the booing. How bad was it for our anthem?

Not bad at all. I've never heard any of the TA ever boo an anthem but GSTQ before (watch Tuesday night). Must of been the Gers fans cause Celtic sing it... Out of order though.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1320Lichtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 10:21pm

Thought the Scottish National Anthem was poor the bagpipes didn't sound too great where we were, sounds a lot better when Amy MacDonald is singing it.

Was an absolute shambles last night. Nobody happy with it, f**k knows what the piper was playing but I had no clue where he was with it at all. Out of tune and gash. Disappointed with that last night...
elroy45 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elroy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 10:21pm
From the jock stein upper, initial boo as the anthem was announced but observed impeccably thereafter
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 10:22pm
Didn't sound that bad on tv
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic