You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carling Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carling Cup
    Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 3:51pm

Why is it that all 3 newly promoted clubs to the EPL have lost in there 1st round of the Carling Cup

Say nothing till you hear more
Sponsored Links

BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 3:56pm
Because there second XI's are sh*te!!!
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Absolutely Use Absolutely Use wrote:

Why is it that all 3 newly promoted clubs to the EPL have lost in there 1st round of the Carling Cup

No they didnt Wink

But for the ones that played in the 2nd round tonight they always stick the youngster's and reserves out - even the top championship teams do this and usually the lower league team they are playing have the first choice out which means shocks will happen
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 4:05pm

I'd imagine they pretty much want to go out as early as they can. Massive test for them in the Premiership, and the less fixture congestion their small squads have to cope with the better.
Absolutely Use View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

No they didnt Wink

But for the ones that played in the 2nd round tonight they always stick the youngster's and reserves out - even the top championship teams do this and usually the lower league team they are playing have the first choice out which means shocks will happen

They still lost there first round, even though it is 2nd round 
Say nothing till you hear more
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 5:21pm
Cardiff got through dramatically tonight!
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 6:20pm

Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

No they didnt Wink

They still lost there first round, even though it is 2nd round 

TheirWink
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 3:26am
Jesus you'd have cleaned up doing a treble on that.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 3:49pm
Think i'll just take this opportunity to laugh at West Ham getting beat - pretty strong team they put out and they get beat at home by Aldershot LOLLOLLOL 
garytwigg21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garytwigg21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 4:08pm
John Carew, an ex Champions League finalist with Valencia was among the side West Ham put out tonight against the mighty Aldershot Town. They duly went ahead in the opening stages of the game and looked to press ahead for a second and kill the game off. Then they get a man sent off and after leading 1-0 until the 78th minute proceed to get beaten 2-1 and ruin my 7 team acca which would have netted me 956.23 euro.

If anyone is looking for me, i am out hunting for the whole of the ICF firm.
This time next year........
Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 4:11pm

Ouuuuuuuuuuuuch Twiggy !

Out of order
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by garytwigg21 garytwigg21 wrote:

John Carew, an ex Champions League finalist with Valencia was among the side West Ham put out tonight against the mighty Aldershot Town. They duly went ahead in the opening stages of the game and looked to press ahead for a second and kill the game off. Then they get a man sent off and after leading 1-0 until the 78th minute proceed to get beaten 2-1 and ruin my 7 team acca which would have netted me 956.23 euro.

f**k, I'm gutted for you. That's a sickener
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 4:23pm

Ouch
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Emerald View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 4:29pm

Bad luck, you must feel like you've been hit on the head with a hammer Wink
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 4:30pm

Hard luck Gary Cry

On the subject of Liverpool. Why did Suarez play tonight? I assumed he was "rested" against Arsenal because of the copa america etc. But if he was then why did he play tonight? He was obviously dropped on Saturday against Arsenal unless Kenny is prioritising the league cup. Dalgleish is clown and the fans will stick by him which makes it funnier Big smile

Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Hard luck Gary Cry

On the subject of Liverpool. Why did Suarez play tonight? I assumed he was "rested" against Arsenal because of the copa america etc. But if he was then why did he play tonight? He was obviously dropped on Saturday against Arsenal unless Kenny is prioritising the league cup. Dalgleish is clown and the fans will stick by him which makes it funnier Big smile

Was thinking this tonight as well. Rest him for the Arsenal game, so he can play Exeter...
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 4:51pm
Andy Carroll needs a serious kick up the hole. Moaning over the quality of crosses coming into the box tonight yet if he had attacked the f**king things and actually tried he would of connected with most of them.

Liverpool would of struggled big time if Suarez had not been playing tonight and he certainly didnt look "unfit" or "tired" to me.
Out of order
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 3:49am

Beat my bet to GT(though was only to win about 150 quid) but I satisfy myself that the grins of all the mockney t***'s has well and truely been wiped off their smug faces. Next up FA cup humilition by Dagenham for them and then finishing in 7th place in the championship
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic