You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CaoimhĂ­n Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 169>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Adrian already has one of the all time great Liverpool careers
Won more trophies in ten days than the blues have in 20 years!
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Adrian already has one of the all time great Liverpool careers
Won more trophies in ten days than the blues have in 20 years!

Haha *as many

Not that I’m happy about itOuch
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
David McWilliams View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David McWilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 1:06pm
From what I've seen of Kelleher he's not a great keeper
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by David McWilliams David McWilliams wrote:

From what I've seen of Kelleher he's not a great keeper

Was poor in the Toulon tournament alright.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 1:37pm

Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

If Kelleher is fit surely he has to give him the nod over Lonergan?

He's never played a first team game. 

He's played the same amount of PL games as Longergan. I'd imagine Longergan was brought in with the intention of never going further than a spot on the bench - not only is he a total journeyman keeper but he's a poor one at that. If Adrian is definitely out and Kelleher is 100% he will almost certainly be starting.

I'd imagine Adrian will be passed fit tomorrow though rendering the conversation pretty moot.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

If Kelleher is fit surely he has to give him the nod over Lonergan?

He's never played a first team game. 

He's played the same amount of PL games as Longergan. I'd imagine Longergan was brought in with the intention of never going further than a spot on the bench - not only is he a total journeyman keeper but he's a poor one at that. If Adrian is definitely out and Kelleher is 100% he will almost certainly be starting.

I'd imagine Adrian will be passed fit tomorrow though rendering the conversation pretty moot.

How many games of senior football has Lonergan played? Once you answer that, you'll understand why he will start if Adrian is ruled out. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Ugh, bet Lonergan gets the nod.

Ireland's Andy Lonergan Clap
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 1:59pm

How many games of senior football has Lonergan played? Once you answer that, you'll understand why he will start if Adrian is ruled out. 

Of course he is vastly more experienced - but Kelleher has been at the club for two or three seasons working with Klopp's goalkeeper coach John Achterberg. He'd be a lot more familiar with the intricacies of what Klopp wants from his keeper. If Klopp felt Kelleher was good enough to be third choice keeper at the club at the start of the season what makes you think he's changed his mind now? It would be some hammer blow to Kelleher's overall development if he was fully fit and got overlooked by an emergency signing who hasn't been able to get a regular gig at any level for the past few seasons.

Again though I reckon the drop-off from Adrian to Lonergan/Kelleher is sufficient enough for Klopp to make sure Adrian plays at all costs. He'll be bandaged up and sent out if it's even remotely possible.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:05pm
If Kellehef doesn’t start he should leave. He is being treated like sh*t.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:09pm

Of course he is vastly more experienced - but Kelleher has been at the club for two or three seasons working with Klopp's goalkeeper coach John Achterberg. He'd be a lot more familiar with the intricacies of what Klopp wants from his keeper. If Klopp felt Kelleher was good enough to be third choice keeper at the club at the start of the season what makes you think he's changed his mind now? It would be some hammer blow to Kelleher's overall development if he was fully fit and got overlooked by an emergency signing who hasn't been able to get a regular gig at any level for the past few seasons.

Again though I reckon the drop-off from Adrian to Lonergan/Kelleher is sufficient enough for Klopp to make sure Adrian plays at all costs. He'll be bandaged up and sent out if it's even remotely possible.

Klopp sees him as having a long term future at the club. Which is why he will blood him in the right way.
Expect to see him play in the league cup in a few weeks. 

eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:18pm
Hope he starts. He's sh*te 
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:33pm
If he doesn’t start he could do worse than spend the afternoon watching the Ealing classic Kind hearts and coronets ‘ with Alec Guinness for ‘inspiration’ 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:41pm
Lonergans distribution wouldn't be the best. As shaky as Kelleher looked at times in Toulon, his use of the ball was very good, so that might swing it in his favour.
We're decent enough..
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:45pm
Agree with his distribution, thought it was his most positive attribute during the Toulon tournament.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 2:52pm
he's a very young lad and goalkeepers tend to have a longer shelf life than other positions.

A loan move wouldn't hurt his progress 
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 3:02pm
Was he that bad in the Toulon?? I didn't notice him doing anything particularly bad or great for that matter but he looked solid throughout.
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Yes, no Irish player has appeared for Liverpool since Robbie Keane against Wigan in January 2009
10 years ago. f**k me
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 3:56pm

Agreed 100%

Judging him on the Toulon tournament alone is unfair and harsh. Is highly rated at Liverpool and that tournament came straight after the Champions League win with no real prep for him beforehand.
Some people just deserve a slap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 169>
  Share Topic