You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brian Murphy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donegalfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 9:40am
Lads it always seems like you are apologising for trying to get them into the squad.. "he would not look out of place.." another guy said "if we had a few injuries... etc"

I think any player in the league should get a cap if he deserves it, not as a gesture or PR stunt for the league.

Did murphy ever play a game for man city?

And can anyone say he would be ready to step in for Given Kiely or Westwood?
Sponsored Links

The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 9:44am
i wouldnt say hes ready..

Edited by The Boy Z - 05 May 2009 at 9:45am
Theres only one sport that matters..
donegalfan View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donegalfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 9:49am
he has no big game experience either, playing in front of small crowds.

Ask keith fahey how difficult it has been to adapt to big pressure,big crowds, big games..

Our keepers are all playing championship or higher
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 9:52am
your sticking to your guns anyway donegalfan!!
Theres only one sport that matters..
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donegalfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 10:33am
people think im doing a dunphy, im just saying what i honestly think.

I actually looked it up and It seems he never played a game for man city?

Id honestly love for an LOI player to be good enough to be in the squad, but i just cant see it happening.

and id hate to see a patronising call up for an LOI player if he wasnt good enough, that 1 min cap jason byrne got against poland is embarrassing IMHO
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 10:58am
Not half as embarrassing as some of the people who have put on he green Jersey in the last few years .
Murphy is good enough for Ireland end of story don't care who he is playing for or how many people are at the game

Have you seen much of Westwood do you go to regular football ?
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donegalfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 11:02am

Why is Murphy not being looked at by big clubs if he is so good and never played a game for man city?

Do you rate him as Irelands no 2?
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 11:17am
I can only go on what  football i seen,  you have obviously seen the other keepers more than i have  but as i said as far as GK's go he is the best i have seen outside the top bracket and would be definatley be good enough to play for Ireland .If the others are of equal ability or better than Brain Murphy we are in a very healthy postion Keeper wise 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by ps bohs ps bohs wrote:

Not half as embarrassing as some of the people who have put on he green Jersey in the last few years .
Murphy is good enough for Ireland end of story don't care who he is playing for or how many people are at the game

Have you seen much of Westwood do you go to regular football ?

ClapClapClap

Easy solution her donegal fan, why dont you go to a Bohs game and see him 1st hand?

Edited by zizu Kilbane - 05 May 2009 at 6:00pm
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by donegalfan donegalfan wrote:

he has no big game experience either, playing in front of small crowds.

Ask keith fahey how difficult it has been to adapt to big pressure,big crowds, big games..

Our keepers are all playing championship or higher

Fahey seems to be adapting just fine to meConfused
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donegalfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 2:55am

he has, but im saying ask him how difficult it will be, he has done really well but there have also been times where the big games have gotten to him and passed him by a bit.

And again, your saying "outside of the top bracket.." about Murphy, so you dont think he is ACTUALLY good enough by the sounds of it, but that in a keeper crisis he could do a job. am i getting you wrong?

mrtndvn View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrtndvn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 3:20am

he has, but im saying ask him how difficult it will be, he has done really well but there have also been times where the big games have gotten to him and passed him by a bit.

And again, your saying "outside of the top bracket.." about Murphy, so you dont think he is ACTUALLY good enough by the sounds of it, but that in a keeper crisis he could do a job. am i getting you wrong?

God you talk some awful rubbish.

There has been big games that have passed the likes of Kaka, Ronaldo and Messi by, you cant play excellent every minute of every game. Big games can get to anyone, ask Zidane what he got up to last time he played a big game.

Birmingham would not be in the premiership now if it wasn't for Keith Fahey.

When people say outside the top bracket thats our way of saying that we aren't stupid and we realize he isn't better than Shay Given.
M.D.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donegalfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 5:15am

Fahey has been excellent at times, but also annonymous at times too (Wolves game 2 weeks ago).

Talk to birmingham fans about him, he has been brilliant especially at the weekend.

All the talk about murphy and LOI players is apologetic, nobody is saying he is good enough for the squad, its always "if we had a few injuries" or "i know he os not top bracket but.."  But what!!

By all accounts he seems to be the best keeper in the league, but in my opinion does not deserve to be in the squad as a pat on the back for that, he should only be in if he is in the top 3 keepers available to us (which he isnt)

Can anybody tell me more about his career in england?
mrtndvn View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrtndvn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 5:58am

Fahey has been excellent at times, but also anonymous at times too (Wolves game 2 weeks ago).

Talk to birmingham fans about him, he has been brilliant especially at the weekend.

All the talk about murphy and LOI players is apologetic, nobody is saying he is good enough for the squad, its always "if we had a few injuries" or "i know he os not top bracket but.."  But what!!

By all accounts he seems to be the best keeper in the league, but in my opinion does not deserve to be in the squad as a pat on the back for that, he should only be in if he is in the top 3 keepers available to us (which he isnt)

Can anybody tell me more about his career in england?

One bad game, well done kid.

That guy fabregas had a bad game last night, i would even say he was "anonymous ".
M.D.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donegalfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 6:05am

Thats an example, ask anyone who watches birmingham or log on to their forums pal. They will all say, great buy, doing very well, still needs to build up his body a bit to compete over there, but.. has also been guilty of games passing him by at times. Look over my posts and see what I think of Keith Fahey if you think I am not a fan of his Thumbs%20Up

But on the Murphy thing, whos place does everyone think He Deserves in the squad for the big qualifier we have coming up in a hostile area away from home.
SYLT View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYLT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 6:31am

Scored against Reading and set up the 2nd in the biggest game of the season for them...
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donegalfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 6:50am
HAVE A LOOK AT WHAT THE BIRMINGHAM FANS SAY ABOUT HIM, THEY ARE THE ONES WHO SEE HIM EVERY WEEK!

I AM A FAN OF FAHEY AS I HAVE ALREADY SAID A NUMBER OF TIMES.

THE THREAD IS ALSO SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT MURPHY BEING GOOD ENOUGH FOR A PLACE IN THE IRELAND SQUAD!
SYLT View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYLT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 6:59am

HAVE A LOOK AT WHAT THE BIRMINGHAM FANS SAY ABOUT HIM, THEY ARE THE ONES WHO SEE HIM EVERY WEEK!

Yes I have, and?

Have a look at what I type; Fahey is class.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic