Topic: Brian Murphy
Posted By: TBWRA
Subject: Brian Murphy
Date Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 11:58am
Best Keeper in Ireland 

Replies:
Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 12:30pm
Dont think too many will disagree there Bohs. Should have been called up months ago when the likes of Joe Murphy was being included in the squad.

-------------

Posted By: billybob
Date Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 4:43pm
Barry Murphy more likeThumbs%20Up

-------------
Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel

Posted By: Ash.
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 2:19am
Originally posted by billybob billybob wrote:

Barry Murphy more likeThumbs%20Up

He already got a cap under Charlton Tongue

-------------
Larry Be Wyse

www.acsportsimages.com

Posted By: trap 6 the cat
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 10:31am
barry murphy is a shmuck and doesnt have a patch on brian murphy. will play in the premiership one day and definitly represent ireland

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 10:40am
Been saying for the last two years should at least be the 3rd choice keeper

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Posted By: Mafi Mushkila
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 6:42am
Yeh he has a rather special talent himself and Wayne Henderson used to battle it out at underage international level, pity neither are on the scene now albeit through injury on Hendo's part! Totally agree with Honey Monster Brian should def be getting a look in ahead of the likes of Joe Murphy.

Posted By: donegalfan
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 7:10am
lads LOI is a much lower standard of football then League 1 and 2, if hes so good he should be over there battling for a place. Apart from Kevin Doyle and Stephen Ward look at all the players who were decent over here and as soon as they set foot in england fail miserably...

Posted By: soccerc
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 7:32am
Originally posted by donegalfan donegalfan wrote:

lads LOI is a much lower standard of football then League 1 and 2, if hes so good he should be over there battling for a place. Apart from Kevin Doyle and Stephen Ward look at all the players who were decent over here and as soon as they set foot in england fail miserably...

Are you Gouldy in disguise?

Good effort at a wind up

Posted By: The Boy Z
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 7:37am

what about Roy Keane and Paul McGrath?they did ok over there i think??

-------------
Theres only one sport that matters..

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 7:59am
List of the players who have succeeded in english football and are of international standard

Kevin Doyle
Stephen Ward (B Cap)

Please add to the list lads..

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 8:01am
paul mcgrath roy keane

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 8:06am
list of players who went to england and did nothing and ARE NOT OF INTERNATIONAL STANDARD

Roddy Collins Carlisle Team
Dessie Baker
Richie Foran

Please add your own here..

Not trying to be negative but just think if someone is supposed to be good enough to be in an irish squad then they shoud be abitious/good enough to play at a higher level outside of Ireland

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 8:10am
Shane Long has done ok too..

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 8:12am
fair point Thumbs%20Up
Thats  still only 3 players we have come up with in recent years, how many could we say have gone and not "done the their stuff"? (my john giles impression)

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 8:17am
i agree to a point..Murphy will not get a cap while playing the LOI.If he wants international recognition he will have to go away no matter how good he is.David Forde was Derry's keeper a few years ago and now hes doing well for Millwall and Murphy is far better than him..

I think Fahy will eventually do well in England too.Gary Dicker has done ok at Stockport,think he might be at Brighton now.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 8:20am

Glen Crowe
Jason Byrne

Posted By: Bohs
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 8:26am

Not trying to be negative but just think if someone is supposed to be good enough to be in an irish squad then they shoud be abitious/good enough to play at a higher level outside of Ireland

If the definition of ambition is to leave a team playing European football to join a team in League Two then I give up LOL

-------------
INVINCIBLE

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 8:44am
wes houlihan, shane long ,noel hunt ,stephan ward, roy keane, paul mc grath,  curtis flemming, roy o donovan (in scotland now) darly murphy, alan bennett,john o flynn (top scorer for barnet and several champinship teams looking at him) niall mc glynn and  paddy mc court playing for celtic, anto stokes came from shels to name but a few.

by the way murphy had plenty of offers but would only leave for a championship or premiership club and has to be garenteed a regular place. also believes bohs can push on in europe.

gary deegan and murphy both turned down moves to kilmarnock as well.

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 8:58am

I think we are getting off the topic a bit, but now that we are on it from that list I would give you Shane Long,Stephen Ward and Darryl Murphy.

Houlihan was too good for the league here and is now in an out at norwich.
Alan Bennetts move has been a disaster.
Noel Hunt has been a sub more often then not.(did well in bari tho Thumbs%20Up)
John o flynn hasnt done much IMO
Roy O Donavan has been a failure
Paddy McCourt isnt getting a jersey at celtic and has played THREE times for them
Stokes played underage for shels but he isnt doing well either and has had disasterous loans this year

And keane mcgrath and flemming are a different era, were talking about things as they are now, summer football etc

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 8:59am
Originally posted by trap 6 the cat trap 6 the cat wrote:

wes houlihan, shane long ,noel hunt ,stephan ward, roy keane, paul mc grath,  curtis flemming, roy o donovan (in scotland now) darly murphy, alan bennett,john o flynn (top scorer for barnet and several champinship teams looking at him) niall mc glynn and  paddy mc court playing for celtic, anto stokes came from shels to name but a few.

by the way murphy had plenty of offers but would only leave for a championship or premiership club and has to be garenteed a regular place. also believes bohs can push on in europe.

gary deegan and murphy both turned down moves to kilmarnock as well.

dont think those players have been capped,until then i guess you cant say they have been a success seen as though the thread is about an uncapped player in the LOI..

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 9:04am

lads if trap aint gonna go to games in england, were hardly gonna see him down in the morton stadium of a friday night..

We'd all love to have top football over here and attract/keep better players but unfortunately for all concerned if you are playing at home you wont get in the squad

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 9:04am

McGlynn was capped with NI wasn’t he? Regardless of being capped, a lot of those players have/are holding their own. Dave Mooney is another. He’s getting in at Norwich and scoring the odd goal at the moment.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 9:08am

Yeah sorry McGinn is capped but he was capped while playing for Derry or before the Celtic move anyway..

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 9:22am
mooney was the best player in the league by a mile and look at him now, it says alot about the league Ermm

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 9:35am

Don’t think he was the best in the league, near enough though. But he is scoring goals presently in the Championship, what’s wrong with that?

-------------

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 9:36am
Mooney's doing well enough in the Champ

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 9:38am
mooney wasnt getting a sniff at reading agreed but he is flying at norwich scored 3 from 8 including 2 in a row and one match winner. dont forget he has being playing nonstop since jan 08

and john o flynn. barnetts top scorer with 18 not bad for a team in 16th position. he will sign for a chapionship team in the summer in my opinion. norwhich and ipswitch were interested last time i heard.

so your talking through your swiss

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 9:39am

No games at reading, 2 games at stockport and 8 games at norwich..

He was nearly the best player in the league...

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 9:41am
to be fair he has a point,these were the very best players in the league and none of them are setting the place on fire over there..

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 9:42am

mooney was the best player in the league by a mile and look at him now, it says alot about the league Ermm

I give up, Mooney had a 12 month purple patch first with Longofrd and then Cork but to say he was the best player by a mile in the LOI is laughable.

The credibility of some posters views of football is seriously in doubt IMHOWink

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 9:46am
right well if norwhich stay up and mooney signs a contract with them i would consider that a sucsess. i do believe  he will play for ireland. he needs a good run in a team. this is his debut season and as i said he hasnt had a break in over a year. you have to give the lad a chance

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 9:58am

Don’t think anyone expected any of these players to "set the place on fire". The Championship is most certainly a big step up from the Premiership. Doyle has just done exceptionally well to take to the league so well. Give the likes of Mooney and Fahey a chance. They need to get used to the league over there first.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 6:22am
the point is that the players in ireland are not good enough to play for ireland, and that they need to play regular higher standard football to be considered for a place in the squad.

The best players we have who go over are failing at lower english clubs, so the argument that the best irish players in LOI should be in the squad is poor in my opinion.

yis all had a hooly when lapira got a cap so if murphy was played instead of westwood or heary instead of foley does nobody else think it would be wrong?

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 2:16pm
Would love to know how many League One / League Two games that people actually see, couldn't be too many, logically speaking.

-------------
INVINCIBLE

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 2:24pm
put it this way, can you image jeff kenna registering himself as a player if he managed anywhere in england?!

i hate to say it but the standard of our league is not as good as the leagues in england, and that is the reason why people in the ireland management will not call up players from it because they do not think the bar is high enough so even if you are the best in the league you are a big fish in a small pond.

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 4:46pm

the standard of our league is not as good as the leagues in england 

What are you basing that on?  The fact that not every player who goes over there is a success isn't a valid reason for a blanket judgement.  If we were having a discussion around which is better between the EPL and La Liga, the fact that you don't see Messi and Villa leaving for the Premiership wouldn't mean a whole lot.  They're well-paid and happy where they are.  Plenty of League of Ireland players are well-paid and happy where they are.  They have the chance to play European football every year or two.  Teams outside the top 8 in the Premiership cannot offer that.

-------------
INVINCIBLE

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 3:15am

based on the best players we have going over and not doing well

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 3:17am

A few examples may help your argument here Donegalfan…

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 4:33am
Dave Mooney
Roy O'Donovan
Gary Dicker
Alan Bennett
Wes Houlihan

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 4:37am

Top players in this league, none doing great over there.

I think that does prove the standard of the league here is worse then the english clubs.

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 6:42am
keith fahy and stephan ward will play for ireland. wes holuihan has got a senoir call up but is out injured at the moment. if keith fahy (who scored on the weekend by the way) gets a call up next season when birmingham are in the premiership thats our point proven. how can some suddenly become good enough for an international call up in 5-6 months. he is and has being good enough for a longtime. but trap wont even give this league the time of day. sure he barely goes to premiership games.

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 7:06am
If you read over my posts you wil see i have commented on players like Fahey, Ward, and Doyle as being the exceptions (and in fairness ony one of them actually has a cap at this moment in time)

Others who have done ok would be Noel Hunt and Shane Long but both are subs.

Houlihan doesnt play every week for Norwich when he is fit.

Id love to see the league getting more focus and better players but the management think the LOI players are big fish in small ponds and thats why he wont get in.

Also on the Murphy thing, Joe Murphy was voted best keeper in League 1 last night by all the other players

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 7:22am

Yeah, footballers, footballers also voted Evra as the best left back, and Giggs the best player in the Premiership this season, as well as voting Van Der Sar worthy of a nomination.

It'll be a while before I take the opinions of dumb footballers seriously.

-------------
INVINCIBLE

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Bohs Bohs wrote:

Yeah, footballers, footballers also voted Evra as the best left back, and Giggs the best player in the Premiership this season, as well as voting Van Der Sar worthy of a nomination.

It'll be a while before I take the opinions of dumb footballers seriously.

Didnt both of them play their part in 14 cleen sheets in a row??Confused

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 11:42am

I think that does prove the standard of the league here is worse then the english clubs.

whats your point caller ?

F**** Obviously

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 11:49am
Originally posted by ps bohs ps bohs wrote:

whats your point caller ?

F**** Obviously

Caller, how many live LOI games a year do you see compared to englsih leagues and I'll exclude televised football

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 3:25pm
two goals for Shane Long Tonight 

Posted By: SYLT
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 3:32pm

Sleepy

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 3:27am

if you read my posts you will see im saying that in my opinion that is the view of the management team.

Ive praised Doyle, Fahey, Ward and Long, and Noel Hunt is also doing well.

These guys are good players and have shown this by going to big clubs and doing well.

There are a large number of players who are classed as top players over here and go to england and do not do well.

Houlihan
Roy O'Donavan
George O'Callaghan
Gary Dicker
Mooney

Can you argue that these were not top players in LOI?

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 3:34am

I’d argue that Houlihan has done well since he went to England, and Mooney has being showing good form lately despite their club in serious danger of being relegated.

O’Callaghan did ok, but didn’t set the place alight at Ipswich. Think Georgie had a few personal problems along the way that didn’t help him.

What about that young Meyler lad, is he anywhere near first team football??

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 4:01am

Point is that those guys were the top dogs over here.

Houlihan has not been playing reguarly for Norwich.

O'Callaghan scored 1 goal in 31 games between Ipswich, Brighton and Tranmere.

These were top players over here.

Posted By: mrtndvn
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 10:33pm

if you read my posts you will see im saying that in my opinion that is the view of the management team.

Ive praised Doyle, Fahey, Ward and Long, and Noel Hunt is also doing well.

These guys are good players and have shown this by going to big clubs and doing well.

There are a large number of players who are classed as top players over here and go to england and do not do well.

Houlihan

Roy O'Donavan

George O'Callaghan

Gary Dicker

Mooney

Can you argue that these were not top players in LOI?

Do you watch any football at all because you havent a clue what your on about.

Couple of points - The Ireland national team aint no great great shakes.

Houlihan was named in the league one team of the year and has. He was signed for £250,000 which shows he doing something right and he has 32 league appearances this year alone. Considering his wage packet could be anywhere between £6,000 - $15000 a week, i would call that a bloody good success.

Roy O'Donovan is currently on the books of a premiership team and is playing football for a championship team.

George O'Callaghan moved from a league one side to a team fighting relegation in the LOI. The league table suggests he is playing for one of the worst teams in the league and you wont find to many people saying he should be in the ireland squad. When he last played with Cork he wasnt Corks best midfielder never mind leagues best player. Not sure why Tranmere thought he could do a job for them.

Gary Dicker. Firstly, he played for one of the worst clubs in the league. Secondly, no one has ever said Gary was one of the leagues top players. Despite been at best an average LOI player, he managed to play a key part of the promotion drive for Stockport.

Mooney was one of the top players in the LOI. When he moved to reading, he had 3 excellent forwards ahead of them in the pecking order, its no shame not to be able to get on ahead of Lita, Doyle Kitson and Doyle, all with plenty top flight experience. Mooney has since went on loan to Norwich where he has been banging the goals in. Mooney's best days are ahead of him, if you want to do a bit of research, you will find that despite an awful run of injuries, his goals per game ratio for Reading reserves has been superb. A first team call up awaits.

Now feck away of will you. U say that you have gave praise to the guys that have made it. Exactly, they have made it and you cant discount them from your argument.

You have also failed to bring up that the league has recently had players who had played or current play international football elsewhere. The likes of Mindaugas Kalonas, Ndo and Boco have had pretty decent international careers.

-------------
M.D.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 4:23am
Ok, if the argument is that the Irish LOI players are good enough for international caps, please list the players you would think are good enough.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 4:44am
Currently Brian Murphy is easily the best player in the league and without a doubt should be in the squad.

If there were then one or two injuries, I would say that Joe Gamble, Gary Deegan, Brian Shelley and Ger O'Brien would be the league's other players that could do a job.

If the likes of Peter Thomson are good enough to sore against the likes of Georgia who our current panel had a lot of problems with, it suggests the gap isnt as big as you think.

-------------
M.D.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 5:38am
so there is one player in the league who you think is good enough for the squad then?

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 5:39am

If these players were playing in England do you think that people would be posting saying they should be in squads?or is it because they are playing in the LOI that LOI fans want them in the squad to give the league some sort of recognition?

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 5:44am

hes not even saying they should be in the squad, he is saying if a few players were injured.

The only one he thinks is up to it is Murphy.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 5:55am
Personally id love to see a couple of the players in the squad but the only way of KNOWING if they are good enough is if they are performing well in the Championship at least.

I think Fahey will get capped but I think its important to realise that he will become a better player playing for Birmingham for 6 months than he would have playing in the LOI.

When players leave Ireland they generally go to a better standard of football,training,facilities,attitudes,theres more pressure to perform,bigger crowds.So they will undoubtably improve as players.A lot of peoples point when it comes to LOI players is that "how do they suddenly become good enough just by going to England".I think there would be almost immediate improvement when you go away.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 6:08am
Couldnt agree more.

I am not bashing the league, i just think it devalues the cap and would be embarrassing for a player to get a token call up just cos he plays over here.

Everyone hammered Stan for playing Lapira but want substandard players from LOI to get into the squad just because they play here.

Jason Byrnes  one minute cap against Poland was embarrassing IMHO

Date Posted: 04 May 2009 at 4:32am
who did murphy play for in england lads?

Date Posted: 04 May 2009 at 8:49am
man city

Date Posted: 04 May 2009 at 11:03am
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

If these players were playing in England do you think that people would be posting saying they should be in squads?or is it because they are playing in the LOI that LOI fans want them in the squad to give the league some sort of recognition?

Clap

Date Posted: 04 May 2009 at 11:38am
there is no argument here Brian Murphy is good enough to be in the squad .Do you watch regular football Donegal fan?

Posted By: OldBawnHoop
Date Posted: 04 May 2009 at 5:16pm

Reckon he is good enough, hate to say it about a Gypo but he is ...

Date Posted: 05 May 2009 at 8:38am
ok whos place does he get, Given Kiely or Westwood?

Also Murphy just voted Keeper of the year in League 1 and Henderson getting back to fitness.

Do you think Heary should be RB too yeh?!

Posted By: Barry
Date Posted: 05 May 2009 at 8:52am

Do you think Heary should be RB too yeh?!

i do him or brian shelley are better footballers than paul mcshane

Date Posted: 05 May 2009 at 8:52am

If he was called in to the squad for an upcoming game he would not look out of place at all.
I am not trying to undermine or talk down the achievement of any Irish Keeper this season
Its not an us against them debate which you seem to think it is i just think he is good enough for the squad regardless of what league he is playing in .As for Heary probably a little harsh that he never got a cap over the years when you look at some of the jokers that have but if i was picking a squad tomorrow he would not be one that springs to mind for Right full

Have you seen much of Westwood  at Coventry ?

Date Posted: 05 May 2009 at 9:03am
nah,neither heary nor shelley are good enough for the squad.maybe heary when he was at shels but he is past his best now.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 May 2009 at 9:13am
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

nah,neither heary nor shelley are good enough for the squad.maybe heary when he was at shels but he is past his best now.

Agreed ,Shelly certainly not good enough IMO

Date Posted: 05 May 2009 at 9:16am
i think deegan could be a very good player,if he adds goals to his game id say he has the potential to do very well..

-------------

Date Posted: 05 May 2009 at 9:30am
Class Act 

Date Posted: 05 May 2009 at 9:40am
Lads it always seems like you are apologising for trying to get them into the squad.. "he would not look out of place.." another guy said "if we had a few injuries... etc"

I think any player in the league should get a cap if he deserves it, not as a gesture or PR stunt for the league.

Did murphy ever play a game for man city?

And can anyone say he would be ready to step in for Given Kiely or Westwood?

Date Posted: 05 May 2009 at 9:44am
i wouldnt say hes ready..

-------------

Date Posted: 05 May 2009 at 9:49am
he has no big game experience either, playing in front of small crowds.

Ask keith fahey how difficult it has been to adapt to big pressure,big crowds, big games..

Our keepers are all playing championship or higher

Date Posted: 05 May 2009 at 9:52am
your sticking to your guns anyway donegalfan!!

-------------

Date Posted: 05 May 2009 at 10:33am
people think im doing a dunphy, im just saying what i honestly think.

I actually looked it up and It seems he never played a game for man city?

Id honestly love for an LOI player to be good enough to be in the squad, but i just cant see it happening.

and id hate to see a patronising call up for an LOI player if he wasnt good enough, that 1 min cap jason byrne got against poland is embarrassing IMHO

Date Posted: 05 May 2009 at 10:58am
Not half as embarrassing as some of the people who have put on he green Jersey in the last few years .
Murphy is good enough for Ireland end of story don't care who he is playing for or how many people are at the game

Have you seen much of Westwood do you go to regular football ?

Date Posted: 05 May 2009 at 11:02am

Why is Murphy not being looked at by big clubs if he is so good and never played a game for man city?

Do you rate him as Irelands no 2?

Date Posted: 05 May 2009 at 11:17am
I can only go on what  football i seen,  you have obviously seen the other keepers more than i have  but as i said as far as GK's go he is the best i have seen outside the top bracket and would be definatley be good enough to play for Ireland .If the others are of equal ability or better than Brain Murphy we are in a very healthy postion Keeper wise 

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 05 May 2009 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by ps bohs ps bohs wrote:

Not half as embarrassing as some of the people who have put on he green Jersey in the last few years .
Murphy is good enough for Ireland end of story don't care who he is playing for or how many people are at the game

Have you seen much of Westwood do you go to regular football ?

ClapClapClap

Easy solution her donegal fan, why dont you go to a Bohs game and see him 1st hand?

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Date Posted: 05 May 2009 at 6:26pm

he has no big game experience either, playing in front of small crowds.

Ask keith fahey how difficult it has been to adapt to big pressure,big crowds, big games..

Our keepers are all playing championship or higher

Fahey seems to be adapting just fine to meConfused

Date Posted: 06 May 2009 at 2:55am

he has, but im saying ask him how difficult it will be, he has done really well but there have also been times where the big games have gotten to him and passed him by a bit.

And again, your saying "outside of the top bracket.." about Murphy, so you dont think he is ACTUALLY good enough by the sounds of it, but that in a keeper crisis he could do a job. am i getting you wrong?

Date Posted: 06 May 2009 at 3:20am

he has, but im saying ask him how difficult it will be, he has done really well but there have also been times where the big games have gotten to him and passed him by a bit.

And again, your saying "outside of the top bracket.." about Murphy, so you dont think he is ACTUALLY good enough by the sounds of it, but that in a keeper crisis he could do a job. am i getting you wrong?

God you talk some awful rubbish.

There has been big games that have passed the likes of Kaka, Ronaldo and Messi by, you cant play excellent every minute of every game. Big games can get to anyone, ask Zidane what he got up to last time he played a big game.

Birmingham would not be in the premiership now if it wasn't for Keith Fahey.

When people say outside the top bracket thats our way of saying that we aren't stupid and we realize he isn't better than Shay Given.

-------------
M.D.

Date Posted: 06 May 2009 at 5:15am

Fahey has been excellent at times, but also annonymous at times too (Wolves game 2 weeks ago).

Talk to birmingham fans about him, he has been brilliant especially at the weekend.

All the talk about murphy and LOI players is apologetic, nobody is saying he is good enough for the squad, its always "if we had a few injuries" or "i know he os not top bracket but.."  But what!!

By all accounts he seems to be the best keeper in the league, but in my opinion does not deserve to be in the squad as a pat on the back for that, he should only be in if he is in the top 3 keepers available to us (which he isnt)

Can anybody tell me more about his career in england?

Date Posted: 06 May 2009 at 5:58am

Fahey has been excellent at times, but also anonymous at times too (Wolves game 2 weeks ago).

Talk to birmingham fans about him, he has been brilliant especially at the weekend.

All the talk about murphy and LOI players is apologetic, nobody is saying he is good enough for the squad, its always "if we had a few injuries" or "i know he os not top bracket but.."  But what!!

By all accounts he seems to be the best keeper in the league, but in my opinion does not deserve to be in the squad as a pat on the back for that, he should only be in if he is in the top 3 keepers available to us (which he isnt)

Can anybody tell me more about his career in england?

One bad game, well done kid.

That guy fabregas had a bad game last night, i would even say he was "anonymous ".

-------------
M.D.

Date Posted: 06 May 2009 at 6:05am

Thats an example, ask anyone who watches birmingham or log on to their forums pal. They will all say, great buy, doing very well, still needs to build up his body a bit to compete over there, but.. has also been guilty of games passing him by at times. Look over my posts and see what I think of Keith Fahey if you think I am not a fan of his Thumbs%20Up

But on the Murphy thing, whos place does everyone think He Deserves in the squad for the big qualifier we have coming up in a hostile area away from home.

Date Posted: 06 May 2009 at 6:31am

Scored against Reading and set up the 2nd in the biggest game of the season for them...

Date Posted: 06 May 2009 at 6:50am
HAVE A LOOK AT WHAT THE BIRMINGHAM FANS SAY ABOUT HIM, THEY ARE THE ONES WHO SEE HIM EVERY WEEK!

I AM A FAN OF FAHEY AS I HAVE ALREADY SAID A NUMBER OF TIMES.

THE THREAD IS ALSO SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT MURPHY BEING GOOD ENOUGH FOR A PLACE IN THE IRELAND SQUAD!

Date Posted: 06 May 2009 at 6:59am

HAVE A LOOK AT WHAT THE BIRMINGHAM FANS SAY ABOUT HIM, THEY ARE THE ONES WHO SEE HIM EVERY WEEK!

Yes I have, and?

Have a look at what I type; Fahey is class.

Date Posted: 06 May 2009 at 8:12am

He is good enough ...

Posted By: Terry Bollea
Date Posted: 06 May 2009 at 10:03am
As far as I can see from the LOI (and that's the only measuring stick I have, and it was the same for other players who went over and surprised many by being a success), Brian Murphy is an absolute class act and could cut it at a higher level. It does help when you have players of the calibre of Owen Heary in defence though.

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDDfoTdmG94&feature=PlayList&p=F8D10A025010B274&playnext=1&index=6

Date Posted: 06 May 2009 at 1:23pm

yeah 100% wrong again
he is as good as i ve seen outside your top international keepers VDS ,Given ETC

Date Posted: 07 May 2009 at 9:32am
Who is he as good as in our squad / playing in england?

Why do you think Trap and Brady cant see it?

Date Posted: 07 May 2009 at 9:53am

Why do you think Trap and Brady cant see it?

Because they choose not to see it, like most Ireland managers, until he is playing across the water.

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDDfoTdmG94&feature=PlayList&p=F8D10A025010B274&playnext=1&index=6

Date Posted: 07 May 2009 at 9:54am
The last time I read a Birmingham fan site I had to wipe my face after it such was the level of sperm that came off the screen on the Fahey thread

Date Posted: 07 May 2009 at 10:07am
Originally posted by GerKeano GerKeano wrote:

The last time I read a Birmingham fan site I had to wipe my face after it such was the level of sperm that came off the screen on the Fahey thread

So you were having a fondle and such was the level of excitement that the fruits of your labour leapt up to the computer screen and rebounded onto your face. A tad gross, but I like it!

-------------

Date Posted: 07 May 2009 at 10:37am
whos place in the squad does murphy deserve?

Date Posted: 07 May 2009 at 1:08pm

Givens ...

Date Posted: 08 May 2009 at 4:32am
Originally posted by OldBawnHoop OldBawnHoop wrote:

Givens ...

LOL

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net